Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Difficulty In Studying Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difficulty In Studying Computer Science (368 Views)

Are You Interested in Studying for an Msc. or Phd in STEM in Canada? / Babajide Oluwaseyi With Visual Difficulty Tops Her Class In UK University (Video / Is Accounting A Compulsory Subject In Studying Banking And Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by Jiggy01: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2023
Hello I created this topic specifically for those who studied computer science in state or federal universities in Nigeria. Yes I specified because of a thread I read where some one made best graduating student in computer science in a private university. https://www.nairaland.com/7912084/ewerechukwu-asaka-clinches-2024-rhodes
This is shocking because those who studied this course in Uniben and AAU, can tell you it’s impossible to be best graduating student in computer science. I will say it plainly thy computer science is a very difficult course and be best graduating student just shows the stuff or how poorly these private universities are doing education wise . If you studied computer science in AAU or UNIBEN, you’ll get my point

3 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by blackpanthar: 3:53am On Nov 16, 2023
Jiggy01:
Hello I created this topic specifically for those who studied computer science in state or federal universities in Nigeria. Yes I specified because of a thread I read where some one made best graduating student in computer science in a private university. https://www.nairaland.com/7912084/ewerechukwu-asaka-clinches-2024-rhodes
This is shocking because those who studied this course in Uniben and AAU, can tell you it’s impossible to be best graduating student in computer science. I will say it plainly thy computer science is a very difficult course and be best graduating student just shows the stuff or how poorly these private universities are doing education wise . If you studied computer science in AAU or UNIBEN, you’ll get my point

I was given a FAIL grade in UNIBEN COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT for simply and privately correcting the C++ CODES OF ONE OF OUR LECTURERS. Because everyone had issues with it for weeks, So I corrected it and showed him in his office privately, to see it and update the class, so he can maintain his EGO, ONLY FOR HIM TO NOTE MY MAT Number and fail me in a test, I protested and he said I shouldn't have corrected him, i had no rights because he is the lecturer and he knows best... I WAS SHOCKED but over time I understood the game.

See, always remember this
BEST GRADUATING STUDENT IS RELATIVE O

If you are the BEST at what ONLY works for classrooms BUT A NONENTITY at what works in the real world, YOU WILL BE A CELEBRATED FOOOLLL!!! So, be the BEST IN PRACTICAL TERMS and UNIBEN AND THE WORLD will be at your feet, having said all that..... IN A CLASS SET OF 300 STUDENTS, we had 57 BESTS because each of us were PRACTICALLY GOOD AND SPECIALIZED IN OUR UNIQUE AREAS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE.

I studied in UNIBEN, I met the terrible lecturers like OLIOMOGBE, KONYEHA(i hope that's the right spelling), Godspower, ETC and it was EASY.

The problem was, you are THINKING WITH A STUDENT'S MINDSET. I started working remote from 200 level and leaving ugbowo to conferences both within edo state and international conferences.... during the semester, so my MIND BROKE FREE FROM THE NORMAL UNIBEN MINDSET of "no-time to check time or to say NO TIME".

I discovered that UNIBEN is 50% of distractions + 25% of stress... but the remaining 25% is more than enough for a COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT TO BECOME A GURU.

I maximized my SIWES season to get skilled in CEH and other things, so I took extra two month and arrived a week to exams, and guess what, I DID FAR BETTER THAN 90% IN MY CLASS, because I had my perspective of LIFE fixed during my SIWES I.T months and it is the reason why I started making so much money from UNIBEN as a student to pay my school fees and train junior levels in REAL PRACTICAL COMPUTING(not the theoretical stuff we were being taught AT THAT TIME).

conclusion, YOU CAN BE THE BEST STUDENT IF YOU WANT but being the RICHEST STUDENT or the one with STABLE REMOTE JOB is by far the wisest way

USE WHAT YOU LEARN FOR FREE TO EARN A FEE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by Rajman45(m): 5:41am On Nov 16, 2023
This ur quote touch my heart no b small. Thanks

blackpanthar:

I was given a FAIL grade in UNIBEN COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT for simply and privately correcting the C++ CODES OF ONE OF OUR LECTURERS. Because everyone had issues with it for weeks, So I corrected it and showed him in his office privately, to see it and update the class, so he can maintain his EGO, ONLY FOR HIM TO NOTE MY MAT Number and fail me in a test, I protested and he said I shouldn't have corrected him, i had no rights because he is the lecturer and he knows best... I WAS SHOCKED but over time I understood the game.

If you are the BEST at what ONLY works for classrooms BUT A NONENTITY at what works in the real world, YOU WILL BE A CELEBRATED FOOOLLL!!! So, be the BEST IN PRACTICAL TERMS and UNIBEN AND THE WORLD will be at your feet, having said all that..... IN A CLASS SET OF 300 STUDENTS, we had 57 BESTS because each of us were PRACTICALLY GOOD AND SPECIALIZED IN OUR UNIQUE AREAS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE.

I studied in UNIBEN, I met the terrible lecturers like OLIOMOGBE, KONYEHA(i hope that's the right spelling), Godspower, ETC and it was EASY.

The problem was, you are THINKING WITH A STUDENT'S MINDSET. I started working remote from 200 level and leaving ugbowo to conferences both within edo state and international conferences.... during the semester, so my MIND BROKE FREE FROM THE NORMAL UNIBEN MINDSET of "no-time to check time or to say NO TIME".

I discovered that UNIBEN is 50% of distractions + 25% of stress... but the remaining 25% is more than enough for a COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT TO BECOME A GURU.

I maximized my SIWES season to get skilled in CEH and other things, so I took extra two month and arrived a week to exams, and guess what, I DID FAR BETTER THAN 90% IN MY CLASS, because I had my perspective of LIFE fixed during my SIWES I.T months and it is the reason why I started making so much money from UNIBEN as a student to pay my school fees and train junior levels in REAL PRACTICAL COMPUTING(not the theoretical stuff we were being taught AT THAT TIME).

conclusion, YOU CAN BE THE BEST STUDENT IF YOU WANT but being the RICHEST STUDENT or the one with STABLE REMOTE JOB is by far the wisest way

Re: Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by jd3trice(m): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2023
Those lecturers you mentioned just gave me memories. Godspower Ekuobase used to be a difficult person really, It's been almost 15 Years I left. I hope he is calm now. The likes of Kingsley, Frank too.
blackpanthar:

Re: Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by meelouneducatio: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2023
Meeloun is a company that offers academic assignment writing services for Chinese international students. We assist in completing assignments of varying difficulty and length in computer ghostwriting https://www.lxws.net/csdaixie.html , including homework and exams for all online courses, ensuring that you achieve the best possible grades.
Re: Difficulty In Studying Computer Science by talk2hb1(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2023
Jiggy01:
Another Lazy Student

(1) (Reply)

SAP Training Kit / Do You Need Assistance On Your Project/thesis? / All Newly Admitted Uniuyo Aspirants Let'z Meet Here And Discuzz The Task Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.