Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Am I Right Or Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Right Or Wrong? (432 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For A Candidate To Ask Questions (s) During An Interview? / Online Begging: Right Or Wrong? / Is Office Promotion A Right Or A Privilege? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Right Or Wrong? by TechToyin(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
I saw a script writing job offer on nairaland. I messaged the guy and he gave a script to write.

It was 5500 words and the agreement was #1.5 per word. I sent him the script and promised to go through it.

3 days later he sent me another job to do , even though he had not paid for the previous job.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet up with the deadline. I explained things to him and he was not happy.

This morning I asked for the payment of the job I did and his response was "The work wey you spoil, use am do payment".

Am I still in the right to ask for my payment,?

If yes what is the way forward?
Re: Am I Right Or Wrong? by LegallyBlunt: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Wow.

This is a dicey situation.

The only thing I'll say is that now you've learnt your lesson. You should have collected your pay after completing the first job.

Secondly, do not take a job you're not sure about completing, or meeting up with the deadline. Resist the urge to go beyond the deadline.
Re: Am I Right Or Wrong? by Artiiclebeast: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
A script writer, you said?

Did you proofread your post?

How do you write scripts when you can't correctly differentiate the word "write" from "right"?

Na wa
Re: Am I Right Or Wrong? by TechToyin(m): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Artiiclebeast:
A script writer, you said?

Did you proofread your post?

How do you write scripts when you can't correctly differentiate the word "write" from "right"?

Na wa

I didn't proof read it.

Thanks for your corrections
Re: Am I Right Or Wrong? by Trojan8(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2023
TechToyin:
I saw a script writing job offer on nairaland. I messaged the guy and he gave a script to write.

It was 5500 words and the agreement was #1.5 per word. I sent him the script and promised to go through it.

3 days later he sent me another job to do , even though he had not paid for the previous job.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet up with the deadline. I explained things to him and he was not happy.

This morning I asked for the payment of the job I did and his response was "The work wey you spoil, use am do payment".

You were cheated out of your payment. Writing gigs are paid on a project basis, you completed one to a satisfactory level and following that deserve to be fully paid. He's showing tendencies of being a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Am I Right Or Wrong? by IyaTola: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2023
TechToyin:

You are not smart, always collect money before anything. It a service you are rendering and not a charity organizations you run. In local parlance "them don run you street"

Most of all these guys on Nairaland know you are naive especially those in diaspora and would play on your naivety.

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Field Marketer...abuja / Urgent Vacancy For Marketers / Tutor Brokers : Seek To Recruit Qualified Tutors (vacancy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.