Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? (381 Views)

2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts / Parents Of Madonna Varsity Students Detained Over Facebook Posts Cry Out / Dirty Toilets, Overgrown Grasses As Nairalander Posts Pictures Of Madonna Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 12:19pm On Jan 22
Hello Nairalanders,

There's a post I'd like to delete totally, it was false information I posted on nairaland, and the comments on the posts were bad as well.

The parties involved has been on my neck to remove their names online.

Now my question is, can a mod remove a post along the comments there? Or the parties involved needs to go the legal way (court order)
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by PrinceofSarcasm: 2:18pm On Jan 22
Email the mod as dd a link to the thread you want deleted and explain to them why you want it deleted.

Be courteous and very honest in your mail

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by ekelebeXstunner: 2:41pm On Jan 22
Show me a link to the post and I will see what I can do.
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 4:01pm On Jan 22
PrinceofSarcasm:
Email the mod as dd a link to the thread you want deleted and explain to them why you want it deleted.

Be courteous and very honest in your mail

Good luck

Alright, you know where I can contact the mod for the thread section?
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 4:02pm On Jan 22
ekelebeXstunner:
Show me a link to the post and I will see what I can do.

You mod? Bro

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by ekelebeXstunner: 4:20pm On Jan 22
Davidnilla:

You mod? Bro
JAMB question.

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 5:08pm On Jan 22
ekelebeXstunner:
JAMB question.

The post na related defaming someone, sharing the link here fit dey cause am to index more on Google... If you dey WhatsApp, I fit share am there.

No vex kiddo

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Gadafii: 5:44pm On Jan 22
Edit the post with just a dot (.)and submit it again

3 Likes

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 6:42pm On Jan 22
Gadafii:
Edit the post with just a dot (.)and submit it again

The comments on the post will go?
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Northernblood8(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22
Davidnilla:

Contact Seun. Although they hardly do it out. Maybe dur to laziness.
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by nazicartel(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22
Archaic site. So, you must contact someone before deleting a thread

4 Likes

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by creolehunt: 8:52pm On Jan 26
nazicartel:

Honestly. It should be a self-service function. Imagine the bureaucracy in deleting an ordinary post
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by faceland: 7:53am On Feb 29
Davidnilla:
Hello Nairalanders,

There's a post I'd like to delete totally, it was false information I posted on nairaland, and the comments on the posts were bad as well.

The parties involved has been on my neck to remove their names online.

Now my question is, can a mod remove a post along the comments there? Or the parties involved needs to go the legal way (court order)

Let me help you my brother.
I swear.
Just copy my signature plus the link. Paste it on the main OP you want to be deleted (that means you modify the main post) and the bots would INSTANTLY vanished that post.

It works for specify comment too.
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by faceland: 7:56am On Feb 29
nazicartel:

I suspect the front page are painstakingly made (with their code inserted manually). They have been doing it for years so it is probably second nature.

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by faceland: 8:02am On Feb 29
Davidnilla:

If you want the whole thread to go... Just copy and paste my signature on the main post and it will be taken down by the bots... Only one hours suspension and one day ban from that specific section.
Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 1:55pm On Mar 03
faceland:

If you want the whole thread to go... Just copy and paste my signature on the main post and it will be taken down by the bots... Only one hours suspension and one day ban from that specific section.

Omo it worked ooo, E get person wey repost the post I wan delete.. if I paste am for comment section, na only my comment go japa abi?

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by Davidnilla: 1:57pm On Mar 03
faceland:

No need, the bot don commot everything

1 Like

Re: How To Delete Posts On Nairaland? by faceland: 3:40pm On Mar 03
Davidnilla:

Omo it worked ooo, E get person wey repost the post I wan delete.. if I paste am for comment section, na only my comment go japa abi?

Yes. Since it is their thread, only your comment would vanish. But if the OP post it on the original/modify post, the whole thread would vanish.

(1) (Reply)

Growing Calls For The USA To Recolonize Africa / Help! Not Able To Send SMS To 55019 / A Thread For Sociology Students And Aspirant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.