Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Dstv's Worthless Decoder - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv's Worthless Decoder (2412 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv's Worthless Decoder by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2011
I bought the Dstv 9000 naira promo and i was given a tiny, inferior looking decoder. The decoder has issues loading and i have to switch on and off countless times before it will boot.

My friends also have the same problems. This is insulting to us Nigerians. I heard those decoders were rejected in Ghana. To think i wanted to spend up to 39k to buy my dstv when this stupid promo came out. I would have spent more money and had a decent decoder.
Re: Dstv's Worthless Decoder by Pidzo(m): 11:21am On Nov 07, 2011
@Gaggi
Frankly speaking that decoder is the worst product by Multichoice which I feel was aimed at reaping from unsuspecting buyers. Their DSD1110 was my best but didnt last long before they introduced this useless toy. As a technician I have plenty of these requiring repairs, some only as old as 2 weeks. Shame on you Dstv. Why force people buy mediocre products when others were buying better FTA receivers and duly paying for your services? That's why I cry for serious competition. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Dstv's Worthless Decoder by pofolo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
Each time i see d dstv decoder i wonder and ask myself , what exactly is d work of SON ( standard organisation of Nigeria).
A neigbhour of mine bought d decoder,while stil installing d adaptor blew up, 3 wks later d decoder developed a fault, dat was in february.
It took multichoice nigeria 4 months to SWAP d decoder for her.
For dsd1310, i say thumbs down to dstv.
Re: Dstv's Worthless Decoder by Ameboperoo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
I installed about 16 of those decoders when they were selling 4 15k. The 1st blew up in less than a month decoder and adaptor, the second started showing 'ur smart card is damaged or inserted upside down, even if I remove d smart card. A 3rd one just stopped working even though the adaptor is still ok. Yet another one is saying faulty smart card again until I switch it off and on, b4 it works again. When I called the customer care , they told me 2 there is no more swap and I should go and buy another one!Now the price is 27k.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Dstv Decoder Dsd 1132 For Sale {SOLD} / deleted / Free To Air Advert Rate Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.