Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss (40488 Views)

AFCON Final: Bafana Bafana Congratulates Super Eagles / See What Solari Is Saying About Resigning As Real Madrid Manager After 4– 1 Loss / Mourinho Frustrated At Clubs Inability To Land His Listed Players After 4-1 Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Danisaint112(m): 5:10pm On Feb 12
ecolime:
Nigeria has one of the world's most unsteady and double faced humans. Two days ago Nwabali, Ekong, Osimhen, Lookman and co. were the best things after sliced bread.

We lost the final match then we suddenly realized all our players are quacks. How do we reason sef?

This reminded of the last Grammy. They cheered on Davido to win at least one. It was when he didn't win any they suddenly remembered he has been singing rubbish all these years. Like say Tyla sef get lyrics 🙁

Honestly, we have short memories. No wonder Politicians keep playing ping pong with y'all every 4 years.

Bunch of fairweather mofos.

I thought as much.

That's one thing with Nigerians. We never value what we have.
Super Eagles simply failed in the midfield and did little in the attack but are good finishers.

Reason they got to the finals. The rest were swift and displacing pure attack class but terrible in finishing.

That's their weak point. Every team got theirs.

Ivory coast just happened to perfect their attack and finishing this time, coupled with the fact that they have been resting since.

Overall, Nigeria came in with the mindset that they beat them before and would do it again. Wrong kind of mindset that made them to totally relax after scoring the first goal.

The ivorians on the other hand went in with the mindset, momentum, motivation and determination that Nigerians have beaten them before and should not do it again especially now they have managed to reach the finals and also being the host Nation.

To the Ivorians; it will be an error of they don't carry this cup.

In summary; Nigeria went in with little motivation but that doesn't mean we didn't have the team to press the Ivorians like they did to us. We just went on defense mode.

It all boils down to determination. Strategy was just 10% of the game.

This dream team formation would have been the perfect fit for Naija.

But in all congratulations to the Ivorians. They deserve it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by mojoyin30s: 5:19pm On Feb 12
We don’t give two shiits how they feel.None of our business whatsoever.Next!We don’t give two shiits how they feel.None of our business whatsoever.Next!...
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by mipeesoft(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12
I tell you grin
TimFisher2:
undecided

Shettima carries bad luck. Everything Tinubu touched is always on destruction.

God forbid!
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Joconceptbest4(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12
Draslo:
Iwobi should never wear the green jersey ever again. Man was so mediocre Arsenal and Everton disposed of him. I believe Jay Jay's influence is why they keep playing him. What a shame.
what's iwobi's crime, defending her mother's land through football? Iwobi played almost 100% accurate passes at the final and bear it in mind that he is an attacking player but ur coach choose to play defensive,that's why he wasn't at his best. Stop the blame and congratulate the team for making it at the final.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by DestinyNigga: 5:22pm On Feb 12
God1000:
Apart from Napoli, Brentford and other clubs supported Nigeria right from the beginning to the end, we appreciate their support.

Nigeria should start preparing for the next AFCON and world cup tournaments, we need new players, local players should be given the chance to showcase their talents.

On a lighter note, Have we created enemies for ourselves in Africa, because I don't understand why Ghanians and south Africans are seriously mocking us online, they've taken the banter to another level.

It's normal thing. We would hv done more had it been we won 😂😂😂
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Johnn87: 5:28pm On Feb 12
Draslo:
Iwobi should never wear the green jersey ever again. Man was so mediocre Arsenal and Everton disposed of him. I believe Jay Jay's influence is why they keep playing him. What a shame.
shocked
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by gaskiyamagana: 5:42pm On Feb 12
God1000:
Apart from Napoli, Brentford and other clubs supported Nigeria right from the beginning to the end, we appreciate their support.

Nigeria should start preparing for the next AFCON and world cup tournaments, we need new players, local players should be given the chance to showcase their talents.

On a lighter note, Have we created enemies for ourselves in Africa, because I don't understand why Ghanians and south Africans are seriously mocking us online, they've taken the banter to another level.

Don't mind them. Economically, it's not their fault if not CORRUPT democracy we are running with corrupt political parties and politicians. 'Footbally' two of them combined, have no regional, continental and global football participation and trophies more than Nigeria. They should argue the fact with their legendaries Abedi Pele and Mark Fish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by buhariguy(m): 5:50pm On Feb 12
TimFisher2:
undecided

Shettima carries bad luck. Everything Tinubu touched is always on destruction.

God forbid!
stu..pid people still like your post.

you mean bad luck took us to final.

You're in..sane
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by SAYEDADAMADAMS(m): 5:51pm On Feb 12
God1000:

Ignore them. They are jealous of us even though our leaders have disappointed us people are still trying to be us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Temi2468: 5:53pm On Feb 12
God1000:

On a lighter note, Have we created enemies for ourselves in Africa? because I don't understand why Ghanians and south Africans are seriously mocking us online, they've taken the banter to another level.

We actually did create enemies!

We started these banters!

We continued this banters.

Summarily, many online warriors in Africa are Nigerians and Nigerians talk too much online.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by zedman1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12
ecolime:
Nigeria has one of the world's most unsteady and double faced humans. Two days ago Nwabali, Ekong, Osimhen, Lookman and co. were the best things after sliced bread.

We lost the final match then we suddenly realized all our players are quacks. How do we reason sef?

This reminds me of the last Grammy. They cheered on Davido to win at least one. It was when he didn't win any they suddenly remembered he has been singing rubbish all these years. Like say Tyla sef get lyrics 🙁

Honestly, we have short memories. No wonder Politicians keep playing ping pong with y'all every 4 years.

This, like one of our fake prophets here, I have always seen about Nigerians. You've said it all bro.
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by sunsweet33: 6:00pm On Feb 12
ecolime:

This reminds me of the last Grammy. They cheered on Davido to win at least one. It was when he didn't win any they suddenly remembered he has been singing rubbish all these years. Like say Tyla sef get lyrics 🙁

That’s not the point. Anybody with eyes could see Nigeria played absolute rubbish yesterday.

If we were going to lose, we should have done it in style. Not 90 minutes crowding outside our own goal as if we were outside the American embassy looking for visa mtchew
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Bliztzer: 6:09pm On Feb 12
God1000:

On a lighter note, Have we created enemies for ourselves in Africa? because I don't understand why Ghanians and south Africans are seriously mocking us online, they've taken the banter to another level.

Make we leave them make dem dey rant. All of them go dey already las las

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by SmartMen: 6:12pm On Feb 12
God1000:

On emboldened, the rivalry didn't start recently. It has been on for years. You are not just aware of it... For Ghana, it does not go beyond football. For South Africa, it is a combination of many things. South Africa hate other black Africans, not just Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Seunpapa65: 6:20pm On Feb 12
KingTom:

Bad Guy grin
I can not come and lose both sides 🤣😂🤣🤣
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by iamtardey: 6:45pm On Feb 12
Kini oluwa e feh jeh laleyi bayi o embarassed
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Vikynas: 6:47pm On Feb 12
Fulham no wan react on Iwobi's behalf abi?
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Questionnaires(m): 7:02pm On Feb 12
God1000:

Particularly - These South Africans !

They got so much hate for Nigerians Because of Just Unnecessary Jealousy.

It's Really Funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Davehasmadeit(m): 7:44pm On Feb 12
How does this affect the price of beans in the market?
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by MamaletASO: 7:44pm On Feb 12
Welldone Super Eagles..

We are proud of you all
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by ericmor: 7:45pm On Feb 12
ecolime:

You have said it all. Nice one

1 Like

Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by AskNgige2: 7:52pm On Feb 12
Draslo:

Exactly..

And they also mistakenly played him 4 position..

He is good at running behind striker
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Ken4Christ: 10:46pm On Feb 12
The final was not competitive at all. The Super Eagles played like the inferior team. See the damage coach has done to our football.

If the players are not good enough to keep the ball on the ground, why didn't he scout for the best players to play each position. This is not our pattern of game. They should go and watch USA 94 and Spain 98 squad.

Even Late Strpuen Keshi team is far better than this set of players. I am even surprise that we got to the final. I love good football. I don't care if we win or lose. Let me see good football.
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Breastfeed: 11:49pm On Feb 12
Okay, but Naija no try sha undecided
Re: AFCON Final: Napoli, Five Other European Clubs React To Nigeria’s 2-1 Loss by Panda7(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13
some of those players clearly loose their stature and physiques and were looking frail that's why nigeria lost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanu's Message To Alex Iwobi As He Signs For Everton / Akwa United Coach Attacked In Kano After Kano Pillars Lost (Photos) / Marinho Brings Out The VAR Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.