Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? (1363 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by lynkyinka(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
I decided to create this thread having being an active visitor to this site over the past few months and noticed the way people react to topics;
this is what ensues even in our daily lives, the igbo people form a caucus while the other tribes do as well, but even amongst the known tribes, there still exists annihilation and segmentation, CAN THIS NATION BE UNITED?
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by MrsChima1(f): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
That's an interesting question. Some of them are so quick to say that Blacks in America aren't into families and unity but MANY OF AFRICANS can't even sing Kum Ba Ya in unity.

Fake people are the first ones to throw a rock when looking in the mirror.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
lynkyinka:

I decided to create this thread having being an active visitor to this site over the past few months and noticed the way people react to topics;
this is what ensues even in our daily lives, t[b]he igbo people form a caucus while the other tribes do as well[/b], but even amongst the known tribes, there still exists annihilation and segmentation, CAN THIS NATION BE UNITED?

Eating you own vomit. Why did you list only the Igbos? That shows that you're one of the problems plaguing this country. Hypocrite.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by r231(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
I see
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by Rgp92: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2011
Why are white people so racist on the internet? This is internet dude, now shut the fvck up. angry
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by anonymous6(f): 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
Rgp92:

Why are white people so racist on the internet? This is internet dude, now shut the fvck up. angry

There is nothing wrong with you asking this question but no society is pure in the world from disputes between groups(whether racial, ethnic, religious and etc) it's inevitable. There's religious fighting in the middle east since the times of Abraham in the bible between Arabs and Hebrews(Jews); racial & ethnic fighting is in most parts of the world even the western world as mighty as they make themselves feel they are not immune to it as well( and at times it is worse). Some societies just know how to move forward with it, some stay at a stand still with it, some are transitioning themselves from it, and some societies are backwards as a result of it. However I must warn you, your question will in directly bring in the tribal people you are complaining about & if you are Nigerian I feel you should already know that answer to your question.

Lastly don't mistake tribal pride & staying with ones tribe(like marriage and etc) with tribal bigotry or hate; I have noticed some people in nairaland mix those two things together and don't know the difference
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by lynkyinka(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ALL , I was just giving an example when I mentioned the IGBOS and by the way I stated other tribes do as well, please lets stop being sentimental and face the ISSUE
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Tribal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
anonymous6:

There is nothing wrong with you asking this question but no society is pure in the world from disputes between groups(whether racial, ethnic, religious and etc) it's inevitable. There's religious fighting in the middle east since the times of Abraham in the bible between Arabs and Hebrews(Jews); racial & ethnic fighting is in most parts of the world even the western world as mighty as they make themselves feel they are not immune to it as well( and at times it is worse). Some societies just know how to move forward with it, some stay at a stand still with it, some are transitioning themselves from it, and some societies are backwards as a result of it. However I must warn you, your question will in directly bring in the tribal people you are complaining about & if you are Nigerian I feel you should already know that answer to your question.

Lastly [size=32pt]don't mistake tribal pride & staying with ones tribe(like marriage and etc) with tribal bigotry or hate[/size]; I have noticed some people in nairaland mix those two things together and don't know the difference

HEAR! HEAR!

(1) (Reply)

Arε There Any KEGITES On Nairaland,if There Arε Let Us Vibrate Here. / Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? / Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.