Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? (2105 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of BTW / Pls Guys What Is The Full Meaning Of 'op' / What Is The Full Meaning Of ASUU? (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by lekkyy: 9:04pm On Mar 12
I got to know that e.g. stands for “exempli gratia,” meaning “for example,” and is used to provide specific examples that fall under a more general category.

i.e. stands for “id est,” meaning “that is,” and is used to clarify or rephrase a statement to make it more precise or specific.

Now you know.

12 Likes

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by iamtardey: 9:11pm On Mar 12
O por id est 🤡

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by NoSmoking: 9:41pm On Mar 12
Idowest awa mafia

✌️

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by sholikay(m): 10:09pm On Mar 12
I . e also translate to " in essence."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Cassandraloius: 10:27pm On Mar 12
Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by peleson1: 10:44pm On Mar 12
Thanks for the knowledge
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Omoawoke: 1:50am On Mar 13
Thanks for the awakening!
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Peakdesign23(m): 2:47am On Mar 13
Wow! We learn everyday. Now I know.
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Hassanrasaq(m): 4:01am On Mar 13
Na you sabi pass

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by popweezy(m): 5:58am On Mar 13
Tor
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by MMWandali: 6:00am On Mar 13
Ok
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by MarketDispatch: 6:04am On Mar 13
lekkyy:
I got to know that e.g. stands for “exempli gratia,” meaning “for example,” and is used to provide specific examples that fall under a more general category.

i.e. stands for “id est,” meaning “that is,” and is used to clarify or rephrase a statement to make it more precise or specific.

Now you know.

Don't they teach these in primary schools anymore?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 6:13am On Mar 13
Wow. Knowledge is power
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by vb0mb(m): 6:38am On Mar 13
Noted
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by AfonjaScud: 7:05am On Mar 13
lekkyy:

Now you know.

Thanks
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Gadafii: 7:30am On Mar 13
Ok thank you

But who have used Pythagoras theory to solved any of their lives problem since they graduated from school

Because Wetin Dem teach me for school completely different from Wetin I meet outside for the real world
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Bigseven(m): 7:34am On Mar 13
Nice 👍
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by keymatt(m): 8:32am On Mar 13
Toh English teacher grin grin grin
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by christejames(m): 8:49am On Mar 13
sholikay:
I . e also translate to " in essence."

You are wrong, the Poster is correct.
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by EmiloCorn: 9:04am On Mar 13
All my CoRn disciples already know all these undecided we drill it into them during indoctrination cool

That's why we used to use places like america as examples of our failures

And use statements like Peter Obi is a gbajue man, iessence, a failure tongue

It doesn't matter if we are hungry while chanting it, we go manage undecided
Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by MerabMedia: 9:10am On Mar 13
The following also apply.

e.g. = example given
i.e. = in essence

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Full Meaning Of “e.g” And “i.e.”? by Rexymania(m): 11:03am On Mar 13
I leanrt about this in primary school, but I've forgotten

(1) (Reply)

Unaab Post Ume Date / Admission In Republic Of Benin Witout Jamb(dont Miss Out) / Ansu 2nd Choice Pume Form Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.