Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) (2375 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by manchy7531: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Between these two illustrious sons of Ndigbo; Ikemba Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu and Owelle of Onitsha Rt. Hon Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe, who among the two is (was) our greatest leader!

Please for non igbos.guide your comments and be straight to your point
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by emmke(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
since u are restricting it to igbos only, we all know the replies u are desiring to get
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by babyboy3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
You could have added James Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo to the list

To complete the "Holy Trinity"
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by manchy7531: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
in IMO,i think Ojukwu is the greatest because most of the problems we are having as igbos started with zik.

but going by age and statesmanship i think i will give it to Zik.

But all the same they have distinguished  themselves as leaders.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by dinachi(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
I think in terms of sustainance of ideology Ojukwu is far greater. What does Zik represent to the average igbo? Everybody knows what Ojukwu represent- Igbo interest
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by londoner: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
OP, this is a Nigerian site not one just for Igbo's.

You should post this thread on an Igbo focused site/blog. Everybody here has just as much right as any other poster to comment on any thread created here.

I understand that you don't want to descend into an ani-Igbo thread, where certain people purposefully castigate Igbo leaders you may hold dear, but unfortunately, it comes with the territory of this site.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by EkoIle1: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2011
These low self esteem people and their id.otic need for silly comparisons everyday

smh
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by obowunmi(m): 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
The great Zik. Ojukwu and Zik, weren't tribalists, As a matter of fact, Zik and Awolowo were friends at some point, Ojukwu and Obasanjo were also friends, But to choose between both, Zik.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Pukkah: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2011
manchy7531:

in IMO[b],i think Ojukwu is the greatest because[/b] most of the problems we are having as igbos started with zik.

You can only have the greater of two individuals and not the greatest.

manchy7531:

But all the same they have disgusted themselves as leaders.

Disgusted? You want to read over that again?
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
Do we ever get tired of these silly discussion threads?

Is this research material for some college assignment?
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by chino11(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
Both are great Nigerians and African heros. They are both welled-read at the best world universities, honored in several ways. They are both the best thing that happened to the Igbos and black race.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
For Igbos only? Isn't it why was created? grin grin
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by chino11(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
Its for Nigeria and black race. They are both the only icon that the outside world knows about Nigeria. Just like Prof Achebe is the most influential African.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
chino11:

Its for Nigeria and black race. They are both the only icon that the outside world knows about Nigeria. Just like Prof Achebe is the most influential African.

If you say so.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by manchy7531: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
@pukkah

But all the same they have disgusted themselves as leaders.

I meant distinguished.i don't know how it turned disgusted
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
chino11:

Both are great Nigerians and African heros. They are both welled-read at the best world universities, honored in several ways. They are both the best thing that happened to the Igbos and black race.
If am an African and a Nigerian for that matter and i don't care about their existence or contributions, am quiet sure other Africans who has never heard of their name wouldn't give a Bleep about reading them or even talk about them, Except you were referring to the SOUTH EAST as Africans, We have a very few great people in African History and No Nigerian former political holder is among the list, We have special Civilians though " Dangote, Fela, Mike Adenuga, etc,

I really don't know why Azikwe is on the N500 note, He should be on the N1 coin angry
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by chino11(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
Ijogz K:

If am an African and a Nigerian for that matter and i don't care about their existence or contributions, am quiet sure other Africans who has never heard of their name wouldn't give a bleep about reading them or even talk about them, Except you were referring to the SOUTH EAST as Africans, We have a very few great people in African History and No Nigerian former political holder is among the list, We have special Civilians though " Dangote, Fela, Mike Adenuga, etc,

I really don't know why Azikwe is on the N500 note, He should be on the N1 coin angry

You are talking trash. The only few Nigerians and Africans known by the outside world are : The great Zik of Africa- Nnamdi Azikiwe, Nkruma, Ojukwu, Ahmadu Bello and the most recently the African most influential figure Achebe. All the above have made one landmark or the other in the history of Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by T8ksy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
chino11:

Aigbofa:

If you say so.

@ bolded,

Abi ojare!

Next. . . . . . . . .
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by ChinenyeN(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2011
Neither.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by xtianh(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
@EKO ILE. I thought u could hv just peepd into this thread nd moved on with ur life nd continue enjoying urself(if u are) why did u decide to comment wen u dnt hv anythng to say, No offence pls.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
Im surprised that we dont have Arthur Nzeribe, Orji Uzro Kalu, Chris Uba and Evan Enwerem on the list!!

Anyways, Even an Atulu in the east is greater than Ojukwu!! Hence if this were the two choices, you know who I'll pick!!
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by manchy7531: 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2011
I thought u could hv just peepd into this thread nd moved on with your life nd continue enjoying urself(if u are) why did u decide to comment wen u dnt hv anythng to say, No offence pls.

^^^^^^^^
That was why i quoted it with igbos only because i knew some slowpokes that have nothing good to say will do any thing to derail the trend.thanks for your observation anyway.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by xtianh(m): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2011
Well going by the thread i thnk Ojukwu has always had the interest of igboland at heart. He fought for the igbos while at some point Zik was fightng for his own interest.
Re: Between Ojukwu And Zik,who Is The Greater.( For Igbos Only) by Nchara: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
I would not compare two Igbo greats on the pages of a non-Igbo website. You will only end up with derailment.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Govt To Set Up Liberation Farm'' To Tackle Unemployment / Senators Close Ranks For Saraki’s Successor / Money Spent On The Week-long Arabian Visits By PMB Recovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.