Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Hate Wig - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Hate Wig (1891 Views)

Weavons To Wig.... / Is It By Force To Wear 80k Lace Wig When U Can't Afford It? / Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2011
What is really beautiful about black women wearing wigs and attachments on their heads looking very artificial and carricature like?We cant they just nuture and develop their nature given hair,showcase it and be proud of it,short or long notwithanding. I dont find w4 beautifulat all,same as bo.obs enlargement, i see it as some form of mental enslavement and self-hate and it always get to me that is i keep talking about. Black women need to wise up and feel beautiful being themselves at all times.
Re: I Hate Wig by Dyt(f): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2011
Scut
Re: I Hate Wig by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2011
ok
Re: I Hate Wig by slimyem: 9:49am On Nov 24, 2011
and why does what people decide to do with their hair and bodies bother you??
My friend,pls go get a life!
Re: I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2011
There are little but fundamental things that people take for granted that can open up their eyes to a whole lot of things if only they can just take a moment to reflect and ask WHY?
Re: I Hate Wig by slimyem: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2011
mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: I Hate Wig by Kslib(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2011
redsun:

There are little but fundamental things that people take for granted that can open up their eyes to a whole lot of things if only they can just take a moment to reflect and ask WHY?
very very very true talk bro!I know some will listen.
Re: I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2011
@slimyem, it is myopic and self rejection. All these colonized mentality,religion,fashion,language,sports and even food put together are the reasons whv black people are still seen as primates by whites because we seems to copy them wrongly like dogs on chains
Re: I Hate Wig by Flashaldrin(m): 10:08am On Nov 24, 2011
Why do you wear suits and tuxs?? why not your trad always.
everyone should do whatever makes them look good.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by slimyem: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2011
Flashaldrin:

Why do you wear suits and tuxs?? why not your trad always.
everyone should do whatever makes them look good.
thank you flashdrive.lemme add more.
Op,stop riding in cars or bikes,use your legs.stop eating with spoons,use your hands.stop wearing shirts and trousers,wear aso-ofi or leaves instead.stop copying the white man.
You go first.i  just might take a cue from you.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 10:15am On Nov 24, 2011
I dont wear suit,i cant. That is one thing i can help. I cant help not wearing jeans for now but suits no way.
Re: I Hate Wig by freecocoa(f): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2011
Wetin this one dey talk?mscheeeew.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by Mesina: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
wateva
Re: I Hate Wig by Candyness(f): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2011
and?
Re: I Hate Wig by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
Copy white man or not, its every man for himself
one man's meat is another man's poison
Re: I Hate Wig by BloodShed1: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2011
@OP

You're really in for it now.

I agree with you by the way. I'ts freakin' disgusting.
Re: I Hate Wig by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
When you say wig, are you talking about weave-ons? Or braids with artificial hair? smiley
Re: I Hate Wig by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
dont even push the subject cos it will not happen , ever, i am african,and i LIKE wigs, why? cos its versatile so that way i dont get bored with doing the same hair style of 15 yrs, just as it excites you to watch football,it excites me to change my hair, if thats what you call caricature looking,good and fine.it aint looking that way to me
Re: I Hate Wig by 195(f): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
OP you for kukuma ask why females dey wear pant now

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by tellwisdom: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
WIG is an emergency hair or on the run Hair!! smiley. #Do i answer your question?? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by kelz88(f): 2:19am On Nov 25, 2011
How about you grow your hair naturally and let us know how you get on with it.
You think it's easy to maintain natural hair? Mcheew!

All I can say is thank God for relaxer.

As for wig, there are different reasons why people wear this. Their normal hair might be damaged, they like the style or colour they saw, they want something they can put on in the morning and take off at night. Each to their own.
Re: I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
tellwisdom:

WIG is an emergency hair or on the run Hair!! smiley. #Do i answer your question?? undecided undecided

Do you mean emergency in the form of hair loss as a result of chemotherapy or what?What else can one need hair in emergency for?Hair is not not a vital organ,it not essential for staying alive,accept for protection against cold. and some kind of shield that protects the skull.

Hair is not essential for beauty,it is not a criteria.
Re: I Hate Wig by kelz88(f): 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
^^AKA if you're having a bad hair day and you hear a knock on the door you quickly reach for your wig.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Wig by redsun(m): 11:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
kelz88:

^^AKA if you're having a bad hair day and you hear a knock on the door you quickly reach for your wig.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Hate Wig by orgasticdance: 3:48am On Aug 06, 2013
bump
Re: I Hate Wig by Godmother(f): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2013
@OP

The Nigerian hair is not easy to maintain. Our climate makes it near impossible for women to carry their natural hair for a very long period of time. Some women get away with this, but I'm sure the percentage is very low. For the rest of us, we do what we feel will serve us best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Wore It Berra? Tina VS Toolz / Skin Reaction / Miss Jamaica Stunned Everyone With The Natural Hair At Miss Universe 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.