Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,848 members, 7,862,779 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

My experience with a Nigerian travel company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My experience with a Nigerian travel company (2072 Views)

Importance Of Digitization To The Nigerian Travel Industry / 7 Cities In 14 Days And All By Train! - Jubilian Ngaruwa, A Nigerian Travel Docu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Funnyman: 5:21am On May 25
Why should I be more comfortable doing business with companies owned by other nationalities but not Nigerian owned? Why cant our people do business with acceptable standard as obtainable in other societies? Why should Nigerians always see opportunity to cheat others in all their endeavors?
TO THE ISSUE, I booked a ticket with wakanow on feb 8, 2024 (my first time ever and a mistake). I paid 911 USD for a round trip from NYC to Lagos. Wakanow issued the ticket but at the time I only wanted to seize the opportunity for the low fare, my travel itinerary was not certain yet, the supposed flight was for April end till may end. By march 1st, it was obvious, I cannot travel by April ending, so I reached out to wakanow to cancel the ticket. Mind you, the ticket I booked was a fully REFUNDABLE TICKET with Royal Air Maroc according to wakanow website before I paid. Wakanow said they will only refund about 800k naira and I will forfeit the rest, mind you I paid in dollars but they want to refund less than half of the money in naira. I agreed that they should go ahead and cancel the ticket and refund me, that was around March 1. Since then I have been messaging wakanow via WhatsApp and mail, they are always telling me they are working on it on WhatsApp while they have stopped replying my mails. Meanwhile, I reached out to Royal air maroc which confirmed I should get in touch with wakanow as my funds are no longer with them. It is almost 3 months I cancelled now and I cant get my money back, I cant book another flight since my funds are now tied down. Why is it so difficult to refund me for almost 3 months when their website says refunds are processed in 2 - 3 weeks?
WHY IS WAKANOW TREATING A FELLOW NIGERIAN LIKE THIS? I AM NOW PAYING BACK MONEY WAKANOW STOLE FROM ME TO THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY. WAKANOW IS A THIEVING COMPANY. WAKANOW REFUND MY MONEY.
Front page please.

UPDATE: someone pointed the attention of wakanow to my nairaland post, so wakanow called me and requested for my banking information. I will close this thread when I get my refund, thank you everyone.

UPDATE2 : Wakanow has refunded me. So they paid me back the amount they promised which is about 800k naira. Thank you everyone, I will edit the post title now.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ttobizz(m): 5:54am On May 25
Wakanow oya over to you, how una waka?

7 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ironheart(m): 6:13am On May 25
Why you no book from the airline website? Most Nigerian companies do no do refund

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Kwaramustgoodag: 6:20am On May 25
Justice for u.

4 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Kwaramustgoodag: 6:23am On May 25
ironheart:
Why you no book from the airline website? Most Nigerian companies do no do refund
But that greediness sir and breach of agreement.

7 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by HRprof: 6:30am On May 25
That’s why I always book my flight direct from the airline

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by SocialJustice: 7:08am On May 25
Why did you place order for ticket when you were not sure? This is how you bring unnecessary problems to your lives. Most Nigerian online businesses hardly refund.

You guys will just go online to people's businesses and be displaying weird character. With what dollar is doing, keep waiting for your refund. I wish you the best.

Why are people getting angry with me, is English language so hard to comprehend or is it my fault that online businesses in Nigeria do not give refunds even if they state it on their websites?

I am a frequent online shopper, if you are not sure of the purchase, do not make it because the online vendor will show you pepper if you change your mind and ask for refund.

2 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by PinkNature(f): 7:52am On May 25
SocialJustice:
Why did you place order for ticket when you were not sure? This is how you bring unnecessary problems to your lives. Most Nigerian online businesses hardly refund.

You guys will just go online to people's businesses and be displaying weird character. With what dollar is doing, keep waiting for your refund. I wish you the best.

Thieving Wakanow, stop hiding behind your alt account and refund the $911.

Your Monika is social justice but you're openly supporting criminal activity. Didn't you read the part where it was stated that the ticket is a refundable ticket? So why on earth will the travel agency want to pay a megre almost worthless ₦800k?

Why not refund his money back in USD?

23 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by FactBoyz: 8:36am On May 25
Tinubu govt is the worst government

2 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by SocialJustice: 9:15am On May 25
PinkNature:

Thieving Wakanow, stop hiding behind your alt account and refund the $911.

Your Monika is social justice but you're openly supporting criminal activity. Didn't you read the part where it was stated that the ticket is a refundable ticket? So why on earth will the travel agency want to pay a megre almost worthless ₦800k?

Why not refund his money back in USD?
🤣🤣🤣
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Ivimmanuel: 9:16am On May 25
SocialJustice:

why are you supporting nonsense? Are you okay? What is wrong in asking for a refund for a service the company did not render? I now understand why it's very difficult to earn trust as a Nigerian.

I advice everyone to be very careful entrusting their money with Nigerian businesses most of them are thieves. Please op escalate this issue till it gets the desired attention.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by SocialJustice: 9:24am On May 25
Ivimmanuel:
why are you supporting nonsense? Are you okay? What is wrong in asking for a refund for a service the company did not render? I now understand why it's very difficult to earn trust as a Nigerian.

I advice everyone to be very careful entrusting their money with Nigerian businesses most of them are thieves. Please op escalate this issue till it gets the desired attention.
If you are too daft or emotional to read and understand, just be quiet.
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Ivimmanuel: 9:48am On May 25
SocialJustice:
If you are too daft or emotional to read and understand, just be quiet.
you're a thief and big fool that's why you see an act of thievery as normal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by youngrichnigga: 10:17am On May 25
Take them to Twitter, they will get spoken to in the language they understand angry angry angry
Funnyman:
Why should I be more comfortable doing business with companies owned by other nationalities but not Nigerian owned? Why cant our people do business with acceptable standard as obtainable in other societies? Why should Nigerians always see opportunity to cheat others in all their endeavors?
TO THE ISSUE, I booked a ticket with wakanow on feb 8, 2024 (my first time ever and a mistake). I paid 911 USD for a round trip from NYC to Lagos. Wakanow issued the ticket but at the time I only wanted to seize the opportunity for the low fare, my travel itinerary was not certain yet, the supposed flight was for April end till may end. By march 1st, it was obvious, I cannot travel by April ending, so I reached out to wakanow to cancel the ticket. Mind you, the ticket I booked was a fully REFUNDABLE TICKET with Royal Air Maroc according to wakanow website before I paid. Wakanow said they will only refund about 800k naira and I will forfeit the rest, mind you I paid in dollars but they want to refund less than half of the money in naira. I agreed that they should go ahead and cancel the ticket and refund me, that was around March 1. Since then I have been messaging wakanow via WhatsApp and mail, they are always telling me they are working on it on WhatsApp while they have stopped replying my mails. Meanwhile, I reached out to Royal air maroc which confirmed I should get in touch with wakanow as my funds are no longer with them. It is almost 3 months I cancelled now and I cant get my money back, I cant book another flight since my funds are now tied down. Why is it so difficult to refund me for almost 3 months when their website says refunds are processed in 2 - 3 weeks?
WHY IS WAKANOW TREATING A FELLOW NIGERIAN LIKE THIS? I AM NOW PAYING BACK MONEY WAKANOW STOLE FROM ME TO THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY. WAKANOW IS A THIEVING COMPANY. WAKANOW REFUND MY MONEY.
Front page please.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by SocialJustice: 10:47am On May 25
Ivimmanuel:
you're a thief and big fool that's why you see an act of thievery as normal
Seun
Disguy
Justwise

Rules 2, 7, 8 and 13
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Ivimmanuel: 10:50am On May 25
SocialJustice:

Seun
Disguy
Justwise

Rules 2, 7, 8 and 13
you no remember when you call me daft Abi? Social injustice grin

13 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by chinonyinye: 11:00am On May 25
Please take this story to Twitter. Tag plenty influencers, also tag them as well as their regulatory body.
Ahn ahn! What kind of theft is this?

Submit proof of payment as well as communication.

Can they do this to a foreigner?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ironheart(m): 11:38am On May 25
Kwaramustgoodag:
exactly but since the regulatory body saddle with holding them accountable is not doing anything. Just like the issue at banex in Abuja. You buy goods thats defective, they wouldn't bother to replace or refund
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ironheart(m): 11:39am On May 25
Kwaramustgoodag:
Kwaramustgoodag:
exactly but since the regulatory body saddle with holding them accountable is not doing anything. Just like the issue at banex in Abuja. You buy goods thats defective, they wouldn't bother to replace or refund
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by duduade: 11:48am On May 25
Funnyman:
Front page please.

Go ahead and drag on Twitter

1 Like

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ruggedtimi(m): 12:03pm On May 25
Still dey wonder why people dey book flight from third party. Since 2011 all my flights were booked online by myself. Na so one agency dey collect my uncle for flight bookings. When i showed him the way baba was so angry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by strangest(m): 12:11pm On May 25
Next time book directly from the airline website... I don't know why people book from third parties....

I can only pay into an account that bears the airline name

1 Like

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:03pm On May 25
FactBoyz:
Tinubu govt is the worst government

Tinubu done pressed your neck well well sorry

1 Like

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Funnyman: 2:54pm On May 25
SocialJustice:

You must be a fool. Life happens and no one can guarantee what will happen the next hour, that I booked a ticket does not mean I do not intend to travel. Besides, the ticket was FULLY REFUNDABLE according to them, and also refunds department is part of every sale or service oriented business. Stop supporting evil, how can we have Nigeria of our dream if everyone has this evil mindset of doing business? where is the trust? how do you encourage non Nigerians to do business with Nigerians?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by BizTrust: 3:00pm On May 25
Take this to Twitter,tag them and tag other influential twitter accounts . And equally call them out with tags on any trending topics ,so they can learn the hard way

3 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ecolime(m): 3:08pm On May 25
SocialJustice:

Your moniker is SocialJustice but here you are supporting criminality. I won't be surprised you work for wakanow and thus the insensitivity to another man.

The delay in getting his refund is obnoxious. I don't know of any international chargebacks that takes that long.

Lets even look beyond the delay in refund, why would Wakanow even refund him in Naira when he used a Dollar card? Refund should be sent to the originating account and in the originating currency.

Meanwhile, Airpeace is owing me a local refund. It's been two weeks since I sought for refund after they cancelled my proposed flight. It was acknowledged but I am still yet to be credited.

Nigerian businesses and private workers don't treat their customers well. We are not better than the government we so much chastise and critic daily.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:17pm On May 25
SocialJustice:

This is a stupid response!

6 Likes

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by folla: 5:25pm On May 25
Please, always buy your travel tickets directly from the airlines using their websites. That's the best practice.

Your air ticket is a promotional ticket. Almost all promotional air tickets are non-refundable and unchangeable. Please read the terms of the ticket again. I fear that you might not get a refund.

Funnyman:
Front page please.

1 Like

Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Blessedpalms: 5:40pm On May 25
Funnyman:
You must be a fool. Life happens and no one can guarantee what will happen the next hour, that I booked a ticket does not mean I do not intend to travel. Besides, the ticket was FULLY REFUNDABLE according to them, and also refunds department is part of every sale or service oriented business.

Stop supporting evil, how can we have Nigeria of our dream if everyone has this evil mindset of doing business? where is the trust? how do you encourage non Nigerians to do business with Nigerians?

You are being cheated because you have no interest in law suit. How will you pay in a particular currency and be refunded the value in a different one
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by dauntless15(m): 5:47pm On May 25
Funnyman:
Front page please.
I would advise you to ruin their reputation as much as you can on social media but that wouldn't affect them as they're shameless and incompetent, your mistake is trusting a Nigerian company, nothing good can come out of them, only headache, the only thing you can do is a law suit if you can afford it, I pray you get your money back.
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by ghettochild(m): 8:41pm On May 25
dear op. pls post this on twitter so it can go far.
Re: My experience with a Nigerian travel company by Ekpekus(m): 9:12pm On May 25
Funnyman:
Front page please.
I learnt long time ago never to use agencies in booking. If your itinerary changes, then your ordeal begins. Not just Nigerian travel agencies, even foreign agencies do it. I had an experience with Expedia that left a sour taste.
Best advice, book directly from the airline irrespective of the price.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!.. How To Find My Way From Orile Iganmu To Surulere Leisure Mall / Help Out!!! Angola Visa/work Permit / Tips On Securing An American Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.