Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: (1159 Views)

Learning Resource Center(lrc) From Programmers/developers/coders / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Computer Science Project Topic Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by teb: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2007
Hi Guys, i need different topics on any computer based project topic,  i will like to seek your idea's  and work on them as soon as possible.

Kindly post any project topic you can come up with in computer science
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by wisemikky(m): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2007
maybe if you worked on a software that will help combat crime in nigeria,
then that wudn't be a bad choice.

lemme know how it went
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by my2cents(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
I want to be able to make reservations on Virgin Nigeria from Lagos to Calabar from my home base in Atlanta, USA. Not to be forgotten, I would also like to be able to pay for my trip online (as opposed to how it is now where you have to print out an invoice and go to a bank to make payment) so that upon arrival, I don't have to go stand in line and go through the grueling process with my family.

You think you can make that happen? wink
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by alexis(m): 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2007
I want to be able to check the temperature in my foam factory if it higher than 28 degree celcius or when my CCTV camera notices motion above my home fence. I should get an SMS or an email then this happens or better trigger an alarm to the fire department or arm my latest M60 machine gun on top of my roof grin.

You can make that happen?
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by teb: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2007
Thank you so much for your wonderful contributions, I will try and do justice to the topics i got from you guy's,
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by cs200200(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2007
Try out the following :

Hotel reservation
Online Examination Portal
Computerized Grading System
Automated Banking System
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by alexis(m): 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
A very simple project could be to build an application that can help the school authorities to determine if there are free spaces on the campus or not and/or if a department is over-crowded or not.
Re: Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers: by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2007
I have a good one for you. How about a UTUBE Like Site for Nigerians in Nigeria to post videos of progress and governmental Failures. Sort of an Online Video Log for Aspiriing Journalists and detectives in us to take advantage of. Since Nigeria is a huge place and there are people in remote areas who might have cell phones and are able to record videos and report what is going on in the area that the people may need to know. They can simply upload their videos and add information about what is going on, say in a village or town and what the people in the LGA would like to happen. Basically, Nigerians abroad can view these pictures to see what is happening in their own places 24/7 and can maybe be moved to come back home to help solve the problem.

It is one thing to have the occassional news from the village in the newspapers every now and then , sometimes, you want to be informed 24/7 and even get news from the ground from people who are actually directly affected and more. The distance does not make it easy to get news from back home but with technology, we can bridge that gap by providing direct connection that way.

I think it would be a cool project. Let me know if you decide on this as I would like to work on such with any other programmers out there willing to do such .

Kobojunkie

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need An Iphone Sdk Asap! Any Help? / IT Training in the South East for Computer Science Students / Java Programmer In Enugu State???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.