Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Attributes Of Pride - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attributes Of Pride (1351 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Attributes Of The Jewish God Yahweh / The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attributes Of Pride by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 02, 2011
[img]http://truthinscripture.files./2011/11/wtc_cross.jpg?w=300&h=198[/img]

Pride is the very nature and the character of Satan. Pride is contrary and the very opposite of the nature of God. Pride is the opposite of God’s will. Anyone who loves pride will not do the will of God.

Prideful people are stubborn and stiff-necked and will not submit to the WORD or SPIRIT of God. Anyone who loves pride, has built a mighty fortress, a temple of idols that lives in their heart. When you hear the fruit of pride come out of someone’s mouth you can know their hearts are not pure and their motives have a root of selfish ambition.

A man who loves pride will not truly repent. Their heart will remain defiled and serving two masters. Pride is the very opposite of love. Pride is a lover of self. A lover of pride cannot see his own faults, and is always looking at the faults of others, in fact they delight to point out faults in others. Pride has everything put together and needs nothing, they have already arrived in their foolish hearts. You can’t teach pride anything.

Pride does its deeds to be be noticed by men. Pride loves the approval of men more than the approval of God. Pride builds his own image rather than the image of Jesus Christ. Pride is always right, pride cannot be wrong. Pride loves the places of fleshly honor, pride wants to be the center of attention rather than Jesus.

Pride established its own righteousness but will not submit to the righteousness of Christ. Pride tells people to trust in themselves that they are righteous by their external deeds. Pride views others with contempt, especially those that try to correct them.

LUKE 18:9-14 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Pride will put on forms of godliness so it will look good to others but inside will be full of dead men’s bones. Prideful people have never denied themselves despite them talking a good game of godliness.

Pride wants control, wants to look down on others. Pride wants to make a name for themselves. Prideful people are selfish, they are unloving. They have feelings of superiority; there is haughtiness and arrogance in their speech. They are driven by ego, self righteous, and are often contentious and boastful.

Pride will blind one to the true gospel of Jesus Christ. The god of this world will hold them in bondage to the nature of Satan and put a veil over their spiritual eyes. When pride uses the word of God, they will tickle ears and pervert grace and/or love to give the flesh reasons to boast.

Jesus spoke to the prideful assembly of teachers as recorded in Matthew 23. Woe unto them says the LORD.

You can tell a prideful person by the above attributes. But it is even easier to see if you simply examine the fruit. Prideful people cannot love and obey the Holy Commandment. They will say love but their love is with partiality and full of criticism and condemnation. People walking in pride are in Babylon regardless of whether they go a building called “church”.

Demon spirits love to keep people in bondage to pride and SELF. These demons become the “lovers” (see Ezekiel 16, 23 and LAM 1) that the deceived and unrepentant, love more than God. They have built a mighty fortress and a king lives in their heart and competes and shares the glory with their jesus. These demons must be cast out and cleared from the land. But until the demons are resisted and commanded to go, they will not go. These are the thieves, the robbers that have come to kill, steal and destroy.

People walking in pride will hate the true gospel. Jesus Christ will be a stumbling stone and a rock of offense to them. They have to share the glory with God and cannot come to the place of praising God and giving HIM alone all the glory. Prideful people will feign humility and trust in their sacrifices. Pride has never heeded these words of Jesus.

Matthew 9:13 “Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.”

God hates the proud and resists them, yet gives grace to humble people. Are you fighting against God in your pride?

Look at your life my friends. Examine yourself and your fruit. Are you walking in love with a real joy and real peace that transcends all understanding? Do not be deceived because if you are not practicing this righteousness that bears the fruit of love, you are a land not cleansed and have pride or greed or both in your heart. Repent. Humble yourself before the LORD and Jesus will lift you up and save you. Don’t be one of those walking around say peace, peace, when there is no peace. The Scriptures say that suddenly destruction will come and they will not escape. The time is nigh.

Let’s pray for those ensnared by this abomination of pride. Let’s pray that God will grant mercy and bring repentance to their hearts. The Father must draw us near but Jesus is mighty to save.

Article

(1) (Reply)

The Event Of Mubahila:Surrender Of The Christians To The Prophet Muhammad (sa) / Theists Who Hear The Voice Of God & Feel Everyone Should Believe / Leave Adam And Eve Alone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.