Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? (10577 Views)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? / Java Vs C Sharp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by hightechbiotech: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
Please need an insight from an IT expert as am about to embark on programming or database career. So base on the current market and demands in the country which should u advice I go for. Other suggestion are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
In Nigeria right now, programming seems to be taking the cake. But you really can't call yourself a complete programmer without being conversant with a database application like Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server etc.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by hightechbiotech: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
So u are suggesting I go for oracle then programming
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
You can do both.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Tyche(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2011
forget about the money bro. Consider the one you will be more proficient with.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by yamakuza: 1:21am On Dec 04, 2011
Start with Java:
Oracle Certified Java Programmer (1 exam).

Then get your OCP (3 exams).
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Bossman(m): 4:57am On Dec 04, 2011
Do not go into it for the money. That's the mistake a lot of people make. Which do you think you would love doing for a living. As a developer anyway, you will need to at least know the basics of relational database management. To be proficient in either of them and be able to make money doing it, takes a lot of hard work. Best of luck!
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by unclenna(m): 5:18am On Dec 04, 2011
most programing job also involve database. I will advice you learn java and then combine database like oracle, mysql and php.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by hightechbiotech: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2011
Thanks @all for the comments
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by naijaswag1: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2011
Good suggestions from folks in here.if you are looking to be self employed or find job easily and also maybe have control over employers,programming should be a better option,java or c++ should be good,although i am a budding java programming.
currently,i teach oracle with OCP.if you want to be an application developer or a software engineer,you need both before you can bring up a database driven application.you have to start with one or run both consecutively depending on your motivation and ability to comprehend hard knowledge.your background also matters.but as for profit java wins.java gives you the ability to come up with your own applications while you work for the big companies for big projects.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by hightechbiotech: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
Thanks @naija swag really got something there.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by searay(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
U can also combine oracle and juju
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
go for java then oracle
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by aktunde(m): 4:40am On Dec 05, 2011
U can also combine oracle and juju

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by civac(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2011
, am inspired, pls how much is the oracle cerified java programming course?
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by trustidkid: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
You truly need both, but if you go for java you should be introduced to a database may be you may be lucky it is oracle. So afterwards you can develop yourself with the aid of e-books on oracle if you can't avoid the cost of the two. But Java is the 1st
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by MisterNRC(m): 3:17am On Dec 06, 2011
On point Bro!
afam4eva:

In Nigeria right now, programming seems to be taking the cake. But you really can't call yourself a complete programmer without being conversant with a database application like Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server etc.

Speaking from Personal experience, It is very advisable that you first delve into Java Programming before you take up any DB programming or administration . The skills learnt in programming(just saying Java now because it opened my eyes) will give you a better understanding of how the Input-Processing-Output foundations of any system(or database) works and it will go a long way in helping you build efficient front-to-back end systems.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by Antimatter: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2011
Each of these career paths is somehow reliant on the other. A good database administrator/developer will need some programming knowledge because you will deal with PL/SQL(Oracle), Stored Procedures(SQL Server) etc

A programmer needs knowledge of databases because a good percentage of your applications will need to access and store data in a database.
Even if you work in a team that has programmers and database developers you will still need database knowledge and vice versa.

I don't think you should concentrate on profitability of either of them now. If you become very good in either or both of them, the money will naturally come.

However, I feel that you should start with programming then gradually learn how to manage and use a database. As you progress you will now be able to take a more informed decision and focus your energy.

To succeed in either, you will need a lot of perseverance.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by kaboninc(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2011
Please help me with LINK-TO-LISTs. I need information about it.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by yingxuy: 6:31am On Dec 07, 2011
I teach Oracle and OCP.if you want to be an application developer or software engineer, you will need before you can put a database-driven applications.
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by KOURTNEYK: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2012
Read this blog this is from a real oracle expert internationally
http://www.oraclevirtualclassroom.com/
Re: Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? by extremejav: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
Java Programmers can write Rich Internet Applications which are growing popularity.
For Database programmers, NoSQL can help as it is going to be used more sparingly in future.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Be Honest, The Number Of Programmers We Have In Nigeria Is Exagherrated / Is Decagon Worth It? / Webex Technology At A Glance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.