Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,748 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Using Lime Wire With Starcomms - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Using Lime Wire With Starcomms (812 Views)

Chain Link Fencing & Barb Wire Company / Flock, Google Chrome, Lime Wire, Avast Anti Virus / Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
Hello.

I bought the starcomms internet ready 1x cdma phone line mainly for the purpose of downloading songs and movies. But since then, my bitcomet runs very slowly and limewire doesn't even connect at all. I am in particular very interested in how i can solve this problem with limewire.[b][/b]

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks.
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by nawa1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2007
what version of LIMEWIRE are you using? since you are using a dial up Internet connection, you should be using at least "limewire pro 4.14.8" or higher. and make sure you don't download too many file simultaneously. i will recommend not more than 4 simultaneous download at a time.
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2007
Get a software that sucks more bandwth . ., the bandwth allocation tu your IP becomes xtremely large, but some other customers may not be able tu browse because of you.
Note: Doing this may make your ISP disconnect you, but try am . .no Yawa
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2007
The problem is that the limewire doesn't even connect at all so i don't think its a matter of how many downloads i'm having. i think its some setting that starcomms have disabling p2p programs that i need to alter on my side. i've tried proxy servers and some other tweaking to no avail.
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2007
damn! Starcomms must be wise . . I dnt like that starcomms shiznit . .
Buh Omo, to bypass that thing go be wahala o.

If u were on Linux, I doubt if they'l have sth that'll block any shit on Linux, you can try other softwares,
Warez P2P
BearShare
Bearflix
Limewire grin
Ares
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by nawa1(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2007
@og
the problem may not be from starcomms, cos i'm using starcomms and as i'm typing these, i'm equally downloading four movies using limewire pro. so check your starcomms settings, firewall settings, antivirus settings or un-install the limewire and reinstall it again.
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2007
@na wa;
Did I hear u ryt Limewire pro . . .damn! Send That Shiznit down mayne . .

I have a filn that dude is using an xtremely old version
Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by soulonfire(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2007
hullo, i use limewire n u can't imagine how much fun im havin - thoh i suspect i aint getin the true fun outof it yet Wink

I also use starcomms for conectn and its waow!!

You have to set options for the lime to conect. get the lime wire port ad from the advanced options - i think its 8080 or so, please confirm. before this,

Go to networks-> view all connection/network->Ryt clik your Starcoms icon -> properties-> at advanced tab-> windows firewall-> setings -> exceptions tab-> enable limewire, (IF THIS AINT THERE YET, GO TO ADD PROGRAM -> BROWSE C\: PROGRAM FILES\ to SEARCH4LIMEWIRE.EXE-> CLIK OK N CLOSE THE BOX. This adds limewire.exe to exceptions so conections from this is not barred.

Please let me know if this doesnt work. Cos it mins ull have to add gnutella explicitly. gnutella is the technology, limeuses to conect to other networks. Also u can download the help manual from the limewire site.

I use limewire 4.14.8,

I'm sorry about the layout, had to rushtype Wink

(1) (Reply)

My System Is Not Bringing Out Sound / Pls I Have Challenge In Opening Office 2003 With Office 2007.help Plsssss! / Need Simulator By Cisco Systems For Ccna And Ccnp Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.