Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Your Contribution To This Post Is Needed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Contribution To This Post Is Needed! (730 Views)

What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution? / I Need Your Help,i Want Your Contribution / The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Contribution To This Post Is Needed! by busaboy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hi everyone,

What higher goal can we all as a group of like minded individuals achieve with this forum?

I visit Nairaland everyday and can't help but feel that I'm not utilizing it to its full potential,

Yeah i post occasionally, try not to make a nuisance of myself and generally try to offer good information when i can,

But from my own point of view, we all come here looking for something, which may or may not be clear to most of us.

Going by the 90/10 rule, 90% of the results u get in life are accounted for by 10% of your actions

(my translation, Focus on what produces the results u want and minimise all others to the barest minimum)

We all have the power to change our lives immensely, but we have to make conscious effort to direct that power.

To draw a parallel,

People work 20-40 years on average at a job only to end up not much better off in life than they started off, they wonder where all those lost years have gone and how they got cheated in the game of life.

Similarly, we could all keep coming here, catching up with the latest gist and not really make a positive difference in our lives and the lives of others that visit this site.

I'm speaking to the giant in all of u today, u do not have to agree with me on this, but i know each and every one of us would like to take his or her life to the next level and not have a mare existence.

Lets not live life on the sidelines, and settle for what ever we get, life is what u make of it, constantly push your boundaries and test your limitations, only then will u grow

Yes mistakes will be made along the way, but i think we generally live life to cautiously for it is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try.

Take a walk with me to 20 years form now, would u be proud of the man u r today or would u then be wishing when its too late that we tried a little harder?

Which everway, we all came to this world with a blank check, what u choose to write on that check is purely your business but one thing is sure life rewards those who know how to ask for what they want from it.

U may be satisfied with where u are today, u may be thinking that u are already trying as hard as u can, and granted some of us work really hard grin, but is that hard work really going to take u to where u want to be?

When i was much younger, i used to have dreams of what i wanted to be when i grew up, (imaginations of a child u might say)
but the point I'm trying to make is those dreams did not recognise any limitations ( fear, self doubt or social standing or intellectual standing)

I wanted to be an engineer even before i knew what engineering, was even before i knew what physics was, the point is i did not recognise any limitations as a child, i was free to dream and make my dreams come true because i believed i could make them come true.

Most of us as adults have forgotten how to dream, we are caught up with being realistic, we are afraid to even say what we think for fear of ridicule or punishment

We have forgotten that the world as we see it is not real, we make our lives up as we go along for better or worse

What u accept to be ur current reality is just how far u have decided to push your boundaries or pursue your dreams and aspirations.

Ask any young person and he will tell u he or she wants to go to school to study medcine,law,business,engineering etc
but if u burrow deep down, they are just looking for a guaranteed way to earn a living.

The world my friends revoles around money, i think its about as important for survival as oxygen is right now.

How many of us can really say we are living our lives on purpose by that i mean what u really want to do with yourself and your time?

Most of us work because we have to and that is the only way we know how to be, we have accepted that reality without really challenging why it has to be so.

We end up living reactively not intentionally as human beings are supposed to.

Create the life style u see fit for yourself today, Start dreaming again, do not settle for less when u can have more

BE STRONGER AND BETTER TODAY THAN YOU WERE YESTERDAY

Best Wishes Everyone

Ajayi Samuel Oluwafemi

P.S. I wold like to hear your genuine comments and criticisms of this article.

(1) (Reply)

Credit Card Is Neede Urgently / When Will Hallmark Customers Now In Ecobank Be Paid / Buy Cement At Cheaper Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.