Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! (1254 Views)

I Need A Good Programmer Who Can Teach Me Program / A Programmer Needs Advice On Which Country To Travel To / Help!! Young Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by lordbenax(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2007
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Hello i am a really young programmer, you can bet, I am hope to improve Naija's IT industry thru software. I av learnt VB 6 and am currently learning Java. I pls need one of the java programmer's out dere to send to my mail box the setup prog for any version of the java development kit higher than Jdk 1.4.2. I av tried several times to get it from the net but to avail. My mail boxes r lordbenax@yahoo.com and knightbenax@hotmail.com.
Please smeone should please help me with this. Thanks
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by Stanozcom(m): 2:37am On Oct 12, 2007
Benax, you are a king!

Yes. You can make Nigeria better.
I am happy that you know this!

I want you to know something.

If you cannot -- by your very own self download (or FIND one first) a compiler for a language that you intend to learn and master, then you're gonna have it hot higher up the ladder.

Learn to do things by yourself.

Heuristic thinkers like me think that you should always endeavour to discover things by your self.

Oscar O'Flarhertie Willis Wilde: "Education is an admirable thing,
But it is well to remember from time to time
that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

Take your cue from there, Chum. wink

And never ever let anyone make you ashamed of your humble beginnings.

-- Stanley

Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by Stanozcom(m): 2:39am On Oct 12, 2007
The Free Software Foundation are a Godsend.

I haven't checked; but I can assure you that somewhere out there is your Java compiler calling out to you.
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by dasersoft: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
HEY MEN FELLOW NIGERIANS. I think you can change nigeria even by not getting the compiler yourself maybe tru another means, politics or business. My friend if you are serious about what you want to do, then you must learn to do stuff yourself most especially from the base. remember "knowledge is like a pyramid, to build you need a solid foundation.
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by lordbenax(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2007
Thanks STANOZ, that was really helpful iguess i just av to brace up, go out there and download it. No matter the stress and the struggles, cos i am in luv wit what i do. Thanks a lot. wink
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by Stanozcom(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2008
That's the spirit, Benax! cool
Aluta Continua!

(Say, er, what is it that you want to 'create' anyway, friend?)
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by tomX1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
@stanoz.com
Did you check the dates of the last post before you decide to resurect this threads? Let dead threads lie dude!
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by lordbenax(m): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hey Yo! Stanoz, long time since i joined the software industry but i'm pround to tell you that not only did i get the compiler, i now use the most recent JDK (JDK 6 Update 4), i also am now proficent in VB.Net, ASP.NEt, Win32,XML,Oracle,C++,Visual j# all thanks to you guys. I have also made about 4 cool programs that ease the way i use my PC. Now thats progress. Just want to say thanks and hope i can someday work with you like a partner. later. cheesy
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by fintis: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2008
I must say i was reading through ur posts and replies, i am impressed. if i am not mistaken it took u only about 3-4 months to master all of that gud for you. u must really be a genius. Any way if u are interested in working on a project u can send a post to me. I want to know wat ur fantasy is java, oracle?,
Re: Young Programmer Who Needs Advice! by myholydove(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2008
Try JCreator, there's one out there for free download or go to phazeddl.com for free software download

(1) (Reply)

Nawa Ooo , They No Wan Leave My New Topic For People To View / Clean Java / True Random Number Generation - Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.