Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

Please Help! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Help! (727 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! by jk10616: 2:04am On Feb 02, 2012
I am an AA woman, who helped her Igbo friend stay in US by getting married to him, We have fallen in love. I have 2 boys in a previous relationship with whom their dad has passed,   Anyhow, I have prayed for years for God to send me a wonderful man, and never expecting to fall deeply for my friend bc the marriage was based on just helping him, well I did. and now I loooooooooove this man with all my heart,and I do feel he loves me as well ,  based on his actions towards  my twin boys and I. But there is this obstacle, he is the first son, and his uncle is chief of his village, so he recently told me the news that his family has asked him to marry a Nigerian woman. His father passed when he was young but I have spoken with his mom and sisters over the phone several times,one of which I've had the pleasure to meet personally. I love his family,he says his mom is okay with the marriage,  I am learning his language now, and trying to get help with learning the culture. But I'm afraid,things will end in heartbreak, because of the family chief issue, he says they have picked out a wife for him, but he has not spoken to her in years,  Please help, is there anything I can do,to make things easier on him, or the family, are there any major traditions I should learn.I am begging,Please help,  any igbo/West African  friends , My family thinks negative about the whole situation, But I love him so much
cry
Re: Please Help! by tpia5: 3:44am On Feb 02, 2012
Is this seun, cork, sagamite, ak47mann, ikeymann, al harem, sbeezy, blazay, or who exactly?

(1) (Reply)

Does One's Character Or Behaviour Depend On His State Of Origin? / Princewill Tasks Igbos To Keep Faith With Nigeria / Revealed Secret Behind Friday 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.