Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Mac Running Windows - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mac Running Windows (1154 Views)

Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 / Download Bluestacks For Windows 7/8 & MAC PC (offline Installer) / Installing And Running Windows Xp On A Computer With Vista Already Pre-installed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mac Running Windows by Farriel(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2006
It's finally happened. That which Jobs felt was never going to happen has happened. Windows XP, as at now, can run on the Apple Mac computers with Intel chips. Hackers have managed to get Microsoft's Windows XP operating system running on an Apple Mac computer, and this has caused a huge stir in computing circles around the world.

I think this a great thing, a very remarkable point in technological stand points. Others think this is not pleasant. What do you think? You think this would make you get a Mac sometime soon? wink
Re: Mac Running Windows by jogego(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2006
i already got a mac anyhow, thinking of getting the intel ibook when it comes out but will definitely not run winblow$ on it. I dont run winblow$ now and never will.
Re: Mac Running Windows by Hunter(m): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2006
I wouldn't buy one.

You'd just be paying a 200% premium on all your hardware.

Added to the fact I don't like mac OS X (my brother has an ibook) I really don't see myself buying one.
Re: Mac Running Windows by thekrafter(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2006
Definitely getting a Mac at some point in the near future. The Macbook Pro is crazy expensive so I'll probably get a Mac mini. Always wanted to, so narf and blanka's work just pushed me over the edge. They are beautiful pieces of hardware. There's some pretty interesting Mac-only software out there too. I hear Keynote (presentation software a la Powerpoint) rocks!

@jogego: You're in IT right? I live in Manchester, thinking of moving to London in summer for about half a year. I'm into networks/security. Don't have much "official" experience. I've been playing with my home network for a couple of years now. Help?
Re: Mac Running Windows by Hunter(m): 2:00am On Mar 21, 2006
Home/backyard networking isn't really good enough in today's world. You need real experience :S
I've been looking as well but I don't have any official experience yet (I have CCNA though smiley)

I don't personally like keynote, I just don't seem to be able to make anything look remotely professional out of it (it all looks like it was made by a 5 year old)
Re: Mac Running Windows by jogego(m): 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2006
thekrafter:

Definitely getting a Mac at some point in the near future. The Macbook Pro is crazy expensive so I'll probably get a Mac mini. Always wanted to, so narf and blanka's work just pushed me over the edge. They are beautiful pieces of hardware. There's some pretty interesting Mac-only software out there too. I hear Keynote (presentation software a la Powerpoint) rocks!

@jogego: You're in IT right? I live in Manchester, thinking of moving to London in summer for about half a year. I'm into networks/security. Don't have much "official" experience. I've been playing with my home network for a couple of years now. Help?

Y do u say am into IT? Believe it or not, am actually an accountant. Why ido you want to live the peace of manchester for London's madness? Am personally looking into moving out of london sometime b4 summer, its a crazily expensive city to live in
Re: Mac Running Windows by jogego(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2006
Hunter:

Home/backyard networking isn't really good enough in today's world. You need real experience :S
I've been looking as well but I don't have any official experience yet (I have CCNA though smiley)

I don't personally like keynote, I just don't seem to be able to make anything look remotely professional out of it (it all looks like it was made by a 5 year old)

hey, are you sure it wasnt done by a 5 year old? tongue. I cant believe you dont like the macs. Yeah they are pretty expensive but the imac am using I got second hand off ebay. Its actually the first mac i ever used and its pretty fly. Like I said am looking at getting an ultraportable laptop soon and am stuck in between getting one of the IBM thinkpad X series second hand or getting an Intel Ibook when it comes out. Decisions, decisions.
Re: Mac Running Windows by thekrafter(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2006
Hunter:

As compared to the brilliance of most Powerpoint presentations? smiley

jogego:

Y do u say am into IT? Believe it or not, am actually an accountant. Why ido you want to live the peace of manchester for London's madness? Am personally looking into moving out of london sometime before summer, its a crazily expensive city to live in

Really? An accountant? You know a lot about IT. I just assumed . . . Impressive though. Impressive. Yeah, Manchester kinda takes the good bits of London without the craziness, you're right there. I just want to get into the thick of things. Things have been pretty quiet for me in the last year or so. All the good stuff (read money) has happened in London. cheesy
Re: Mac Running Windows by Hunter(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2006
It probably just comes down to a profeciency thing, I'm much more comfortable using it.

I hate to say this to all the mac fan's out there but the ibook g4 is SLOW, bounce bounce bounce goes the firefox logo (the machine has a 1gb of ram and is plugged into the wall :S)
20 seconds later it starts (and there is almost no custom programs on the machine)
Re: Mac Running Windows by jogego(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2006
The G4 is slow compared to modern machines and cos the G5 couldnt be fitted into a laptop forms some of the reason apple went for intel. If am going to buy the ibook, I will definitely buy an intel one, but since no one knows for sure when it will come out, I might get an X24 for the time being. I dont know why but I cant relate with a laptop with a screen wider than 14". I infact prefer ultra portables with 12.1" cos portability is very important for me. I hardly use my notebook on a desk so it has to be really easy to carry

(1) (Reply)

Best Vsat Service Provider In World / Please Help Recycler Is Killing My System! / Sony Vaio Vgn-nr110q(core 2 Duo,1gb Ram 160gb Hdd,mem Card,dvd-rw,bad Screen(28k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.