Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Help A Beginner Using Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help A Beginner Using Python (2804 Views)

Learn How To Build A Desktop Software Using PYTHON – Tutorial On Nairaland / Help Using Python And Netbeans / Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Beginner Using Python by daminho(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
Pls am new to programming, I saw a reply to one of the questions asked by a beginner, dat he should start wit python, now I have downloaded python, gedit and zed shaw learn the hard way ebook and am ready to start, but I have bin struggling wit creating directories in command terminal!!! Am stuck at exercise 0 in the ebook, any help pls!!!
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
I guess ur using Windows 7, if Yes, i'll give U a detailed procedure of d whole stuff when am on my PC at nite.
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by daminho(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2012
Yes goon am using win 7, tank you, will be xpectin it boss!!!
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
Click on the Start Menu [/b]on the taskbar of your system. After that Right-Click on [b]Computer, Then Click on Properties.
A window will appear showing the properties / basic information about your computer. I would have attached a screenshot here but the file is too large to be uploaded.
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
On the top-right of the window, look for "Advanced system settings", U would see something like this on the top right of the window:

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2012
When U click on advanced system settings, another window like this would come up:

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
Click on the last tab titled "Environment Variables", Another window like this would pop up:

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
Leave the first table titled "User variables for owner" and go to the second table titled "System variables", In the second table titled "System Variables", scroll down till U get to a tab titled "Path", double-click on "Path", another window will pop up with two tabs titled "variable name" and "variable value". Click on variable value, at the end of the last letter in the tab labelled "variable value", add a semi-colon(winkand then type in the path of your python environment. If ur using python 2.7, the path would be C:\Python27, if its python 2.6, the path would be C:\Python26 and so on and so forth. Am not really a gud teacher but i hope the following screenshots would help you:

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
scroll down to this

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
When you double click on it, you would see this:

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
My variable path has already been added in the pic, just follow the above procedure step by step and am sure u would get it right. After that, to call python on your command line, just open ur command line and type python. The python interpreter mode will be initialized. If u have further problems with this, do not fail to ask.
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
When u finish the procedure, do not forget to save.
Thankz
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by daminho(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2012
thanks boss for the tips, pls can I av ur bb pin if you dnt mind or tel numba, thanks once again. My email add is daimagesvisuals@gmail.com
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
my number is 07063987263.
Thankz.
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by toluxa1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2012
Python is wonderful. Am learning it too.
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by alaribe22(m): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
you should try using the msi installers, you could go back to source when you get advanced. I recomend that u use A byte of python by Swaroop C. H. It is currently the best python tutorial on the web for biginners, and is actually recomended by the python comunity. It is available at www.swaroopch.com/notes/python. Please feel free to ask questions
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by jeebz: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
Learning Python by Mark Lutz still the best python book
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by shehunDEgreat(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
Pls, after dis link, how can i get to the python tutorial proper?
Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by Bestchisom(m): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
My variable path has already been added in the pic, just follow the above procedure step by step and am sure u would get it right. After that, to call python on your command line, just open ur command line and type python. The python interpreter mode will be initialized. If u have further problems with this, do not fail to ask.
Good day sir
I followed your teaching here on setting path but I got hooked somewhere. After clicking on PATH under system variable, this appeared (picture below)
I don't know which of the two path that appeared that I'll type in the :C/python38
Please reply me

Re: Help A Beginner Using Python by MrWondah(m): 11:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bestchisom:

Good day sir
I followed your teaching here on setting path but I got hooked somewhere. After clicking on PATH under system variable, this appeared (picture below)
I don't know which of the two path that appeared that I'll type in the :C/python38
Please reply me

Click on new, them paste your directory and save.

(1) (Reply)

5 Skills A Full Stack Developer Must Have Before 2018 / Sell Your Usa,canada Gift Cards(any Type) @ Best Rate!!! / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.