Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Net - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Net (12884 Views)

Ideal Number Of Sanitary Towels Used For A Normal Menstrual Flow / Can Washing The Face With A Virgin's Fresh Menstrual Flow Cure Pimples? / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Net by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ghjknggjj
Re: Net by TSpayne: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
Normal length for a period is put at 3-7 days by some and others 2-7 days.

What is really important that you should look out for is the REGULARITY of your period. Meaning you are sure that EVERY 26 or 28 or whatever days your period comes on.

Now if you noticed that the days of flow were longer than before now, then you should look at:

Your WEIGHT have u reduced ?

Your EATING are u eating right ?

Your general health no gastric ulcer ? No drugs? Etc

Further questions ?

Email totalhealthng21@gmail.com
Re: Net by agiboma(f): 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
Their are so many reasons the duration of your period could have been reduced, such as stress, change of diet or even a change of your sexual partner. I dont think their is any reason to be concerned. But to put your mind at ease you may want to consult with a physician.
Re: Net by gijaney: 4:26am On Mar 03, 2012
a "normal" period can be anywhere from 18hours to 9 days.  bleeding for more then 10 days or a dramatic change in your cycle needs to be discussed with your doctor. 

not all women shed the lining of the uterus during menstruation.  these women who "recycle" their lining (endometrial sparing) generaly have periods lasting hours to 3 days and is very light
Re: Net by Mekozoral: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
Pls all i have dis same problem too, my period started on friday morning dis past friday nd ended on saturday, just 2days, as against d normal 4days, d only tin i know is dat i've lost wait so cud dis be d cause?

1 Like

Re: Net by TSpayne: 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mekozoral:

Pls all i have dis same problem too, my period started on friday morning dis past friday nd ended on saturday, just 2days, as against d normal 4days, d only tin i know is dat i've lost wait so cud dis be d cause?

A simple measure like taking a blood tonic might be all you need to put your mind at rest.

Your body is an intelligent machine with several protective mechanisms. If for any reason your body stores of iron or other nutrients are low your body naturally limits the further loss thru menstruation. This is also the same for post-op and patients with bleeding ulcers.

Anorexia nervosa victims also experience a steady decrease in their monthly flow until it disappears all together. The normal flow resumes when they begin eating and gaining weight again.

So in the absence of any medical problems, check your eating habits and supplement with iron and see the difference.

Not every menstrual change is hormonal in origin.
Re: Net by flairlady(f): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2012
mine has always been two days,not even up to 24 hours and very light,at times,the flow stops after the first day and continues again after a day or two days,please,is this normal?? Am aged 23.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strengthen Your Sexual Stamina With Asian Black Seed Oil Plus Raw Bee Honey / Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story / Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.