Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

A Tribute To Our Late Hero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Our Late Hero (5307 Views)

See Action Governor Fayose Fishing Our Late Comers In Govt Secretariat / Tribute To Our Late Ex Firstdaugther / What Can You Say About Our Late President. Alaji Umaru Musa Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Our Late Hero by bebrief(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2012
RIP, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. You came, you saw, though you did not conquer, but your spirit lives on in the hearts of many. And even as the same events which prompted the civil war still raises it's ugly head, it is a lesson that war is not an option. And when you returned from exile, you embraced peace with both hands. As a show of unity with the fifth estate, you took a wife, the daughter of your childhood friend, who bore you children at your old age.

Though your dreams were cut short and like the Moses of our time, you may not live to see the promised land, but the Igbo resolve to fight for themselves is not dampened. And you got the greatest honor, which is to be loved by one's people, and a befitting burial as well. Your last wish was also granted by your people in electing the man of your choice to govern your state.

But your grief is sure to come to an end, though your best was not good enough, it was a great effort. And you have surely made your mark on the sands of history. Even as a people grieve the loss of a generation, the Igbo race lives to fight another day, and this time not with guns, but by the people's resolve - which is unstoppable.

And so it was, "the MAN died". The man dies in everyone who refuses to stand up for justice, who for fear of being taunted fails to do what is right. The man dies in he who fails to use his position of authority to better the lives of his people. The man dies in every corrupt and selfish leader, who loots public funds for his selfish interest.

In your dying words, "this siege mentality must stop". We are a people under siege by our leaders. They have laid a siege of oppression, covered in a blanket of corruption and greed. One day, this siege must end!

But God is merciful. And as your body lay beneath the ground and your soul returns to Him to whom we must all give account of our lives, I pray God have mercy on your soul, and grant you eternal rest.

Adieu,
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2012
Last time I checked, a hero doesn't abandon his people so as to save his own skin. A hero reps his people at all times. He stays with them through thick and thin.

Ojukwu a hero? Laugh wan tear my sokoto. grin
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by babsjnr(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
^ tell them those foolish brainwash tribe
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by babsjnr(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
Puzzy nigga hero
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by ACM10: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
pDude:

Last time I checked, a hero doesn't abandon his people so as to save his own skin. A hero reps his people at all times. He stays with them through thick and thin.

Ojukwu a hero? Laugh wan tear my sokoto. grin

Why are u guys so arrogant?

Do u think that u know what is good for the Igbos more than them?

He's revered and loved by his people. Why are u developing erect[i]i[/i]on over it??
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by strangest(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
Looking for scape-goats to blame for the loss of Midwest, Brigadier Victor Banjo, Lt. Col. Emmanuel Ifeajuna, Major Sam Agbamuche (Agbam) and Major Phillip Alale were tried in a kongaroo-styled court and found guilty of "treason" for deserting Benin City. While Ojukwu executed his officers for deserting the Midwest capital (Benin City), HE DESERTED THE BIAFRAN CAPITAL (Enugu) WHEN NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ATTACKED IT on October 2, 1967.

http://emeagwali.com/blogs/archives/1966/01/my_cousin_emman_1.html

May his soul and the souls of all the departed faithful by God's mercy rest in peace, Perharps one of these days in the near future, we will all get to sit down on a round table and actually get to know what really happened,
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
Then 'his'people who love him are rather crazy people or just kids of yesterday or just playing politics to gain favor or just doing it for some money they will get somewhere else. Anyone who genuinely thinks he is a hero is a bigot, a tribalist and a potential ethnic cleanser and rather silly as he was.

Ojukwu singlehandedly stained the Igbo history. He is the main cause every one in Nigeria thinks of Igbo the way they are. Because of Ojukwu no Igbo man will ever become Nigeria's president. Any igbo man that tries it, then the dissident spirit of ojukwu will rise against him.

He tried to become nigeria's president, why didnt the ''hero'' get it? hero my pussihairs
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2012
diluminati:

Then 'his'people who love him are rather crazy people or just kids of yesterday or just playing politics to gain favor or just doing it for some money they will get somewhere else. Anyone who genuinely thinks he is a hero is a bigot, a tribalist and a potential ethnic cleanser and rather silly as he was.

Ojukwu singlehandedly stained the Igbo history. He is the main cause every one in Nigeria thinks of Igbo the way they are. Because of Ojukwu no Igbo man will ever become Nigeria's president. Any igbo man that tries it, then the dissident spirit of ojukwu will rise against him.

He tried to become nigeria's president, why didnt the ''hero'' get it? hero my pussihairs
Really ? You got pussyhairs ? Igbos are the most comfortable Nigerians. Those igbos, although they have no luxury of political presidency have been very successful entrepreneurs. Give it to them when it comes to commerce. Ojukwu remains an icon for those who have read about him and listen to him speak. Only the very ignorant will judge a book by the cover. Ojukwu was one intelligent Aje butter
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by ohemmanu: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Dike ndi igbo ji eje mba anala,odenigbo,ezigbo gburugburu,ikemba,okeosisi di n'ala igbo,gaa ije gi nke oma.öbù ndi ugwu na ndi ohemmanu ga agwa anyi ma ibù hero ka ibùrö?kedu kwanù onye ga ekwuchitere anyi önù anyi?ezigbo!!ama m na iga anachite azù özö.AKwa egbuela m.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by kizito96(m): 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
He was a Hero. He will never be forgotten
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by newslive(f): 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
Rest in Peace, Great Man

Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
diluminati:

It is quite unfortunate you are reasoning the way you are. But believe me Ojukwu only rose up to an occasion that demanded the guts of a patriot. If anybody expected him to fold his hands and romance with those who were slaughtering his people in the name of revenge for a coup, then such a fellow need to see a head doctor.
The slaughering of our people has continued unchallenged till this day, and if anybody think that we shall fold our hands and watch, then that fellow must have his head examined.

For your info, Biafra is a reality! Nigeira is pushing herself to the brink and Biafra will rise to fall no more. It is a matter of time.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by iykak47: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ezeigbo gbururu rest in perfect peace.

Those of here in China celebrated our
great hero today even with our masquerade,Chinco people sef bow.
Check it out on gbooza.com next tomorrow.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by onyewec3: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
@pdude.dere are 2 conditions dat qualifies someone as a hero, "write something worth reading" or "do something worth writin about".
If I may ask,is dere anybody in ur lineage dat satisfies dis 2 requirements? If no, den u re foolish for posting dat rubbish.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by nelsonehi: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
th dearth of ojokwu has become an avenue for igbo guymen like uwazurike,peter obi and others to become a multibillionire. monky go work the guymen go chope!
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Gaskia: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Anyone who gives up his comfort for a stand against injustice and oppression is dear to my heart. I respect Gani, Balarabe musa, soyinka etal. Ojukwu falls in this class in my mind. I shall forever remember him for his quest for equity, justice and courage. He is not known for his material wealth, or secretly sponsoring a militia. He openly fought for justice n equity. People from his place have reasons to celebrate him, I support them. He was not among those that looted us. He was a great leader. The injustice he saw and stood against is still there hence the clamour for SNC, resource control, state police, federal character, zoning and others.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Gaskia: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2012
Its hypocritic to claim one nigeria and then make no effort to respect the feelings, the right to life, freedom of worship, the right to lead and be fairly led. I prefer smaller countries coexisting with mutual respect and economice interaction where nationhood is not artificial. Eg nigeria, niger and benin republic are not at war. The Almighty Allah abhors hypocracy. We are shedding to much blood on daily basis in d name of one Nigria. I prefer 100 nigeias with improved security to life, property and development. If we must remain one then let's respect one another.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by airmark(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
, But is it true , he ran to abidjan ? If yes, he was a coward.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by onyewec3: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
@Gaskia, may God bless you. Most countries colonised by Britain av all disintegrated only Niger-area remains.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Gaskia: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
Am not clamouring for sepeation. I clamour for nation with mutual respect cemented by geniune desire to be one not that of counter suspicion, distrust and hate. If we cannot guarantee these to ourself to a reasonable extent then we have no reason to deceive ourself by faking one nation. Also if ojukwu did not fight, we would not have known how dangerous war is.we would have fought many wars now that there are many sources of provocation.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by studyineu: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2012
Even after Death u still got many Hater. RIP GREAT WAR LORD. He who fights and run lives to another day.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by aljharem(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2012
ACM10:

Why are u guys so arrogant?

Do u think that u know what is good for the Igbos more than them?

He's revered and loved by his people. Why are u developing erect[i]i[/i]on over it??

Ewu, pDude is Igbo , Mumu tribalistic pesin
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by tonardo(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2012
Biafra, Biafra, Biafra,
Its a matter of time, may nt be in dis generation or next,
But its real and sure,

OJUKWU is gone but still lives
Igbo are united,
markets are closed on Biafran day, just thinking let market remain closed on ojukwu day,
Dats why i said biafra is real and sure,.

Can an an hausian close market for their hero? Likewise yorubians?

Sooner or later all igbos shall be included both civil servants,.

Igbo kwe nu!!
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by terrykarl(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
diluminati:

thank you for demonstrating how ignorant you are about nigeria's history and the persona of the man you write about
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by ijele(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
For many times i've been reading many posts with interest on this icon called OJUKWU, hmmm alot of people had spoke so much about him both those who love him and those who hate him. But all have one thing in common about this Warrior, 'he lives in us Nigerian', love him or hate him," HE LIVES IN YOU" except you choose not think or talk about him. Just like Jesus christ, Micheal jackson etc, OJUKWU is a popular name that'll live with our generation and many generations 2 come, Hate or love de name! For christain Don't get it twisted that i 've likened him 2 d name Jesus christ, if you consider Jesus a hero, remember there's was a time enemy sought 2 kill him 'prematurely' ,he avoided death till de hour came, likewise Mohamed, he went on exile when there was so much heat on him. Elijah ran 4 his dear life when jezebel turn de heat on him, so tell me any real Hero that don't run 4 his life especially in war or if there's heat on his life. Just post any topic on Ojukwu and see if it can't make front page! What a legend!
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by Ayoobscom(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2012
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by ICHINONYE(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
MY TRIBUTE TO MY MAN DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU

Farewell my General, Farewell my Commander, Farewell Ikemba, Farewell Eze Igbo Gburugburu even in death, Farewell the peoples General, Farewel Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, I lack more words to describe you,for justice ,equity and fairness you were forced into the Nigerian civil war ,some will say its cuse of ur ego and power drunk, whatever that's been said, to me you are one great man that will never be erased from my heart,I would have done same thing if i was in your shoe cuse i cant stand watching not just my kins men but people around been mauled and treated as second class citizen, only a foolish man want to fight a war without knowing the consequence of it, war is better and sour. I thank GOD i was not born then,i dont pray to witness any either and i thank GOD ALL-MIGHTY that the union NIGERIA neva disintegrate, onenes shall will be and remain in JESUS name amen.
Am sorry for your pains all tru,you are just one man i really have missed to meet in person,may GOD grant your soul eternal rest in JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by noiseless: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ewu awusa MACCARONI D!CK,you see this how are caught all over the threads everyone is igbo as if we don't know who is igbo,yea! bluthooth too igbo.
alj harem:

Ewu, pDude is Igbo , Mumu tribalistic pesin
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ojuku is a coward who fled to Abidjan and left his ppl to suffer
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by frederal(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2012
The greatest Nigerian ever, Ojukwu: if there be second world, i wish to belong where you belong. We have conquered, they re still waiting to realise it. U re our hero
Re: A Tribute To Our Late Hero by tonardo(m): 4:19am On Mar 04, 2012
if we don't have opposer, we haven't started

enemies must try their best

even in d bible, but we are nt fighting against hausa and yoruba but against d spirit of not believeing that ojukwu live and is sitted at the right hand of God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Committed To Building New Refineries - Fg / Fresh Census Ordered In 14 LG's In Lagos / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.