Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / . (2113 Views)

Registered 2001 Model Baby Boy V6/LEATHER SEATS: Price: N600k / Toks 1999 Honda Baby Boy V6 950k SOLD!!! / Reg 1999 Honda Accord (baby Boy) V6 For 490k Call 08189989354 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by arsenal4va(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2007
Re: . by viperman: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2007
That gear box is a killer, if you're not financially heavy don't near that car.
Re: . by solidus: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2007
hi

the engine check could signify quite a number of problems ranging from improperly closed fuel tank covers to faulty sensors. the best way of finding out the exact cause is to use an obd2 scanner on the car
however, the most common cause of this prob in this part of the world is dirty injector nozzles. this mostly caused by the kind of fuel we use here. a lot of carbon is deposit along the fuel system. the best was of cleaning it will be to get ur mechanic to use de-caboniser to clean the injector nozzles.
Re: . by klassyguy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2007
I'm hoping to get a Honda baby boy in the next few months, but the EX 2001 (or 2002, they are both the same thing) American specs model (Manual transmission). What do u guys suggest about this car?
Re: . by viperman: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2007
klassy,
Though it's rare to get(mnual) nowadays due to the lack of demand, You will enjoy it smiley
Re: . by Ivvie: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2007
Automatic transmission for any Honda or Acura is not durable.  Some are known to fail prematurely.  There are also recalls on some transmission issues (can't be specific 'cause I don't own one).

If you have the money to spend, why not get a well built 6 cylinder vehicle.  Accord V6 is an optimised engine.  You are better off with a 4 cyl engine.  There is enough stress to its reliability.  If it's for plain driving, then I guess you are ok there.
Re: . by sultaan(m): 1:57am On Oct 31, 2007
Check the transmission first using this guide

http://www.samarins.com/check/transmission.html

Engine should be no problem, the light might be from the EGR valve problem (very)common to Honda and Acura clean or repce valve fixes problem
Re: . by Ivvie: 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2007
Honda/Acura, GM and BMW's don't have reliable or durable transmissions. There are several complaints from the office of consumeraffairs and the NHTSA. This is government regulated and governed by the Consumer Protection Law which monitors relationships between individual consumers and the businesses that sell/offer goods and services

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/honda_transmission.html

For a car known for its reliability, indeed!

These are actual people that own the car especially for the year and model you are inquiring for.

Peace.
Re: . by webmaster3: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ sultaan "http://www.samarins.com/check/transmission.html".
Thanks bro for the site, it's really educative. Planning to get a 1994 toyota camry (AT) and i was getting scared about all this automatic transmission problems, but know i think i can do my checks on my own. Cool site
Re: . by Ivvie: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2007
The transmission of a 94 Camry (92 - 96) can withstand abuse and neglect. They usually outlast the vehicle with exception of the V6 models.
Re: . by webmaster3: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2007
Thats cool. A toyota is always a toyota. Good thinking, good product
Re: . by Ivvie: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2007
Yo shinai - Yo Kanai!

Good thinking, good product - lean manufactuing at it's highest.
Re: . by viperman: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2007
Benz rules grin
Re: . by Ivvie: 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
viperman:

Benz rules grin

Most definitely! Unlike american cars that car built by just assembling parts together.
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2007
Re: . by Ivvie: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2007
Your transmission might be developing a fault.  It may be as simple as a solenoid not making the complete contact or you are selecting the wrong gear selector.

What symptoms are you experiencing?
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
Re: . by Ivvie: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2007
I suggest you get some inspection - then get a second opinion then a third. Transmission issues are big money and you don't want to be played. It's not a complicated nor grave issue. It may be a switch or a sensor that is not functioning as supposed.

D4 will take a little more before it downshifts because it's gear ratio is just within 4 gear confinement.
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2007
Re: . by Ivvie: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
I don't know anyone in Lagos and I lost all my lagos touch of contact. Your problem doesn't require a new a new transmission. Take courage!
Re: . by isobleward: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2019
An essential and necessary accessory when buying a child restraint system (SRI) is a cover for the seat that protects the upholstery from damage caused by the weight of the car seats that are not anchored to the body with Isofix system but with the seat belts.
accident repair centre

(1) (Reply)

2007 Toyota Corolla 4sale At Banix @ Affordable Price 08035376690 / Mercedes-benz C180 Elegance Automatic 1998 Black:pb-tv-95 Fabric Cream / Sparkling Tokunbo 2001 Corolla Sport: Price:N1.1m Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.