Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me (912 Views)

full Summary Of Crisis Of Conscience By Former WT Gb Member Raymond Franz / Conscience Is A Guardian Angel / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2012
i made up my mind sometimes ago not to drink alcohol and God has realy been helping but not unitl some days ago dat we had an outing from my workplace and out of shame and reluctantly i took a bottle of beer and since den my conscience has been hunting me that anytime i remember it, i feel like crying, please wat can i do, cos i broke d promise i made to God as not to drink again....
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by buzor(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
op how old re u?
pls seun i think you should mandate all nl members to swear their age affidavict(18 and above)
am tired of seeing children opening threads
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by soloj1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2012
Go back to God and sincerely confess it to Him. He 'is faithful and just to not only forgive your sins' but to cleans you from all unrighteousness. He knows our frailties.
Then go and sin no more!
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by Pysam(m): 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
dont die in unforgiveness pick up ur broken hart nd go bck u have learnt one way on hw nt to feel timid abt who u re anywhre .dont remain down 4 too long d devil want to make u do it again
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by Dipwater(m): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2012
Dat is wat religion can do to a man. Makes u feel bad wen u,ve not done anything. Yung man listen very carefuLly. How old are u ?. Are u in schull?. Wat church do u attend?

U can drink if u are 18 and above but don't get drunk

1 Like

Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by buzugee(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
what is sin ? sin is transgression of the law 1 JOHN 3 VS 4
where there is no law, there is no sin ROMANS 4 VS 15

and seeing as drinking alcohol is biblical PROVERBS 31 VS 6

i dont think the lord paid any attention to your childish pact of abstaining from alcohol. God does not have time for your childish games of swearing not to do something that is not mentioned in his laws.
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by MyJoe: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
You don't like doing something but you find you keep doing it. So you make a resolution not to do it again. It's called a HABIT and it has nothing to do with God - ordinarily. The resolution is a promise to yourself as you rightly put it in the opening part of your post, not to God as you wrongly put it in the closing part. What you need to do is resolve again to shun alcohol whenever it is offered. If you resolve not to do anything and you go back to it just out of "shame" you may be confirming yourself as a moral weakling.

But I would assume that the reason you bring "conscience", God, and all that into it is due to religious indoctrination. If you are Muslim, drinking is certainly a "sin". But if you are Christian, it's another matter since the Bible clearly endorses alcohol use while warning of the possible dangers. But some churches insist it's a sin to touch it and if yours is one of them, what can anyone say to you?
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 26, 2012
@OP
you should first get your priorities straight before making such decision like "no more alcohol".
if your shame amongst your colleagues is more important than a resolution you firmly made, then you are clearly putting too much importance in what is clearly NOT IMPORTANT here.
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by tpia5: 3:30am On Mar 26, 2012
good luck trying to stay off alcohol.

very difficult endeavour.
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by Callotti: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2012
You may have had issues with public and domestic intoxication in the past, hence your 'covenant' with God.
Otherwise, I see absolutely NO REASON whatsoever for such a 'promise'.
There is a difference btw social drinking and heavy drinking.
The reason religion can be a disaster for people like you who cannot set REASONABLE boundaries and limits within human expectations.

Now, you carry an UNHEALTHY burden of GUILT in your mind.
Do you have a problem moving on?
Your mental health may be affected as well as others around you if you do not strike a healthy balance between your needs and your wants.

I don't see how a bottle or can of beer can be God's business unless you are an alcoholic(as in DRUG ADDICT)! Then you really need both divine and supernatural interventions to recover.
If that were the case, you need to go back to your 12-step program and start all over.
This has absolutely nothing to do with GOD or RELIGION.
All about personal choices and self-accountability.
Goodluck, whatever the case!

Hope you don't feel guilty with the 'communion wine' every Sunday!

Cheerio!
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by rastamouse: 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Callotti: You may have had issues with public and domestic intoxication in the past, hence your 'covenant' with God.
Otherwise, I see absolutely NO REASON whatsoever for such a 'promise'.
There is a difference btw social drinking and heavy drinking.
The reason religion can be a disaster for people like you who cannot set REASONABLE boundaries and limits within human expectations.

Now, you carry an UNHEALTHY burden of GUILT in your mind.
Do you have a problem moving on?
Your mental health may be affected as well as others around you if you do not strike a healthy balance between your needs and your wants.

I don't see how a bottle or can of beer can be God's business unless you are an alcoholic(as in DRUG ADDICT)! Then you really need both divine and supernatural intervention to recover
If that were the case, you need to go back to your 12-step program and start all over.
This has absolutely nothing to do with GOD or RELIGION.
All about personal choices and self-accountability.
Goodluck, whatever the case!

Hope you don't feel guilty with the 'communion wine' every Sunday!

Cheerio!

GOD sets the boundaries and not men.
@op, your conscience as a Christian is very important to your growth and maturation. Listen to it and pray to GOD accordingly. HE knows your weakness.
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by LogicMind: 12:29am On Mar 27, 2012
lecorn: i made up my mind sometimes ago not to drink alcohol and God has realy been helping but not unitl some days ago dat we had an outing from my workplace and out of shame and reluctantly i took a bottle of beer and since den my conscience has been hunting me that anytime i remember it, i feel like crying, please wat can i do, cos i broke d promise i made to God as not to drink again....

best thing to do is to take your change and go and screw ashawo. afterwards god will forgive everthing once. don't go creating multiple forgivenesses for him to do.
Re: Help! My Conscience Is Killling Me by procedure: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
To be a christian is to accept christ as your lord and saviour. First u learn to seperate ur self from people that will make u sin. And when u sin believe he will forgive and restore. He is god and not man. Lastly rebuke every spirit of guilt ,guilt is a demonic energy.

(1) (Reply)

End Time Sign 666 Mark / Why you must reject the Trinity / British Worshippers Accuse Bishop David Oyedepo Of Exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.