Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? (10871 Views)

Do You Talk To Yourself? / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 06, 2012
My parents are mad that I call them once a week. They think I should be calling them everyday or once in 2 days. They don't seem to understand that I'm very busy with my studies and social life. So all you guys schooling abroad, how often do you call your parents?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by GboyegaD(m): 3:01am On Apr 06, 2012
I call every sunday morning and I talk to my folks.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 06, 2012
lol your parents are mad because you call only once a week? cheesy Whatever would they do to me? I call maybe once in 2 months! It all depends on the family dynamics to be honest... we text quite a lot so tend not to speak as often. Besides everyone understands the other is busy having a life.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by 9janinja1(f): 5:55am On Apr 06, 2012
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier

8 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2012
I wish mine would give me the chance to be the one doing the calling.

The way my dad calls can be very annoying most times,he calls more than 6 times a day sometimes and when he can't reach me,he calls my roommate.

I'm not even abroad o.

11 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by maclatunji: 7:48am On Apr 06, 2012
^It's love.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2012
^^I know my dear but the love dey tire me sometimes cos those calls don spoil my groove many times wink.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by maclatunji: 8:49am On Apr 06, 2012
^Pele grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Apr 06, 2012
^Ese grin.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by 2legit2qwt: 9:11am On Apr 06, 2012
This
9ja-ninja:
almost every day ... when i'm cooking i call and put them on speaker, when i'm in class i text, at the movies, at a club ... even when i'm asleep i sometimes wake up just to hear their voice and go right back to sleep. i do this because i feel life is short and i know when i'm older i would wish i had given them more time ... distance is not a barrier
I never got to talk to my dad weeks before he died and that was also because he was used to calling all the time as well, kinda like freecoca's smiley. I've since learnt my lesson and realized how short life is literally so i call my mom almost everyday plus I can't do without her, she remains my first love.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
cry cryi SEE THEM EVERYDAY. cry Such is my fate.

Just been fuuny, if I don't see my mom often enough, I think something will happen to me.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by tasandra: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2012
Op,i am an Orphan...i dont av the both,my hubby and his family and of course my wonderful kids....are my parents. smiley smileyand i call them every hrs of the day. grin

6 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by 9janinja1(f): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2012
2legit2qwt: This
I never got to talk to my dad weeks before he died and that was also because he was used to calling all the time as well, kinda like freecoca's smiley. I've since learnt my lesson and realized how short life is literally so i call my mom almost everyday plus I can't do without her, she remains my first love.

people dont realize how fragile life is. God help us all
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Freesia(f): 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
They expect to hear from me every other day. I know my mom would prefer to call me everyday if i didn't stop her.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Konnektions146(m): 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
speaks to my mum on a daily basis and wen i got so busy dat i couldnt call for a whole day, she wakes me up de following day. we just some 300km away from each other

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by EfemenaXY: 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
Not often enough...
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by maryini(f): 2:36am On Apr 12, 2012
I call when I need stuffs. It sounds bad but what would I be calling my parents to say everyday?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by maclatunji: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2012
maryini: I call when I need stuffs. It sounds bad but what would I be calling my parents to say everyday?

I love you? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
I get to talk with them on phone almost every blessed day. Also, visiting them with the kids...and, spending good time with them. I wouldn't trade this for anything. x

#yeah, doing this, while it lasts... Life's fragile. May God grant them looong life..smiley

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by 9janinja1(f): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
maryini: I call when I need stuffs. It sounds bad but what would I be calling my parents to say everyday?

just to hear their voice.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by greedie1(f): 12:05am On Apr 13, 2012
Not everyday, but we talk atleast 4 tyms in a week nd den der is d texting... My dad loves composing msgs as much as or even more dan he calls

i could speak wit dem everyday but mosttimes my mum calls jst to gossip nd if im not in d mood, i pretend to be away, hence d 4 tyms a wk
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by maryini(f): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
9ja-ninja:

just to hear their voice.
maclatunji:

I love you? undecided

I guess I could do that but it feels mudane to do that everyday. I would even get tired of hearing my voice talkless of them.
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 20, 2013
I guess I need to change. Calling my family + siblings is one thing am not good at and it always causes trouble for me even my sister is angry with me till now for not calling her throughout last year. Am not that Good in keeping mutual relationship. There is this my cousin I haven't seen or talked to in 2yrs now, she used to call me before but am not good in returning calls so I guess she quited unpon say I dey naija fulltime except for the few travels. I need to change for better
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aadetoyin(f): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2013

Not so good, am sure when they check their phone and Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ that u re the caller, they will be like 'she needs something again'.
Try to call them sometimes just because u want to hear their voice and to tell them how much u love them. Abi u don't love them? ℓ☺ℓ
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by aadetoyin(f): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
I lost my Dad 18yrs ago so all I have got is my darling mum, when she was still in Naija I call her everyday. If I don't, she will call me or call my hubby to say hi. Now we talk every 3 days and sometimes she still tries to call everyday.
I love my mum so much that I can't imagine not talking to her atleast one a week, even my sister is jealous.grin
Mama toh sure grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
NEVER!!!! angry
And we live close to each other..

Walks out of thread after slapping O.P ... angry

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by sureteeboy(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2013
I talk with my mum always, but sometimes with dad
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by sureteeboy(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2013
aadetoyin: I lost my Dad 18yrs ago so all I have got is my darling mum, when she was still in Naija I call her everyday. If I don't, she will call me or call my hubby to say hi. Now we talk every 3 days and sometimes she still tries to call everyday.
I love my mum so much that I can't imagine not talking to her atleast once a week even my sister is jealous.grin
Mama toh sure grin
hmm... ONCE A WEEK IS NOT MUCH OO
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by bowler(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Not even close . Dats all! Gbam
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by ebamma(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: My parents are mad that I call them once a week. They think I should be calling them everyday or once in 2 days. They don't seem to understand that I'm very busy with my studies and social life. So all you guys schooling abroad, how often do you call your parents?
Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by deloon(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2013
I haven't talked to my Dad since November last year and I've talked to mum twice this year. Its not like I don't love them. I would probably die for my family but I'm just like that...complicated.

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
My father always put himself first before his kids, I can stay comfortably for a decade without calling/talking to him.
But my Mum always put her children first even now that we are all grown-up, I call her frequently.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Way To Correct Children / Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Having A Will? / Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.