Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Study In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Canada (14121 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / I Have Gotten A Full Time Job In Canada. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Study In Canada by lao(f): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2007
I want to study in canada but i don't know anything about canada can someone please enlighten me and i can go about my visa. I also want to know the kind of benefits i can get from studying in canada
Re: Study In Canada by fakedavid: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2007
search on the internet - just type study in canada in google.
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2007
u wont regret going 2 canada if u do make it
Re: Study In Canada by Tats(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2007
Ezinwannem:

u wont regret going 2 canada if u do make it

Really? Explain.
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 12:15am On Nov 12, 2007
beause it is a nice peaceful place and students gat sumthing 2 benefit 4rom
Re: Study In Canada by bowa(m): 8:34am On Nov 12, 2007
Morning,there are several benefits if you study in canada.But these benefits should be discovered by you.Why did you chose canada in the first place,maybe the school is highly rated or the prospect you might get if you study in canada.All these are left to you to decide,but i tell you,canada is a kool and peaceful place to be.Though i've not beem there,but i have people there and i hear the general view about canada.I believe u won't have any cause to regret if you end up studying in canada.Best of luck
Re: Study In Canada by Johnafa: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2007
I hve a stromgg conviction that canada would be a nice place. i hope to be there by next year.
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
i live and skool in Canada and trust me, i wont trade diz place with anywhere, it is an all rounded place
Re: Study In Canada by cgift(m): 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
Ezinwannem:

i live and school in Canada and trust me, i wont trade diz place with anywhere, it is an all rounded place

omo,

what of the cold undecided
Re: Study In Canada by somze(f): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2007
Canada is as cold as the North Pole . . . if it aint classified as that already and the place far no be small.

Its peaceful though and it's easier to get its Visa than US', but again I thought Finland was peaceful till the school shooting incident undecided
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2007
shooting happens in everything country, lol.hmm, its cold just like it is in Uk and sum states in the US, it is sumthing one can get used it, it doesnt kill, and this year sef, global warming has been good to us, Its been raining and hmmm, its November, lol, 2day is a summer weather, overall, Canada is da da place 2 be, all rounded
Re: Study In Canada by Busta(f): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2007
Well, I heard that the canadian visa is getting harder to get now than that of the USA.
Canada is very, very peaceful country, diversed and Multicultural population wise.

In terms of the cold on the other hand, Canada freezes during winter.
Been to England several times and Canada's winter is nothing like England's in any way,
Winter in England is like Spring/Fall here.
been Living in Canada close to 10yrs and trust-----never got used to the cold. I dread it.
even a lot of my friends, the white ones and the ones born here never got used to it

on the otherhand, summer is sooooooooooooooooooooo hot and Funnnnnnnnnnn!

so my advise for u will be to brace urself and get ready for the cold, freezing winter days lipsrsealed
Re: Study In Canada by abocana: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2007
Hmmmm,not all part of canada is very cold. i am living in vancouver,british columbia.

Vancouver is one of the best place to live in the world,its not very cold, we hardly have snowfall,but always raining better
than snow sha. Its situated by south west part of canada on the pacific site. It is best place to live in canada.
Re: Study In Canada by dtwsola(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
I like most things about Canada, except hockey. I visit there when I can. I'm actually moving to upstate New York for a job soon, and I relish the fact that I'll only be a stones throw away from Montreal, Canada. One of my favorite cities in the world, and definitely the most lively in Canada. I'll have to brush up on my French though.

And yes England (at least London) doesn't get too cold, nor too warm. I personally like either cold or warm weather. London has to have the worst weather I've seen. It's always mild. Not too cold. Never warm. Rainy and gloomy. Lukewarm = boring. At least in Canada and Northern/Western US, you get frequent snow in the winter which is fun to look at, and most places get warm enough in the summers to enjoy outdoor activities.
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2007
hehhee, u'all have said it all, 4 fun in Canada, it gotta be Toronto, Montreal and vancouver in this order, lol
Re: Study In Canada by Rare(m): 2:56am On Nov 15, 2007
How are immigration issues after expiration of study leave in Canada with regards to pursuing a career there?
Re: Study In Canada by bowa(m): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2007
it's late for january hope u know?well,i'll help u make further research.goodluck
Re: Study In Canada by Ezinwannem: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2007
u now have 2 yrs 2 work in canada if u wishes to and u can apply for PR (per. resident) as early as after u have completed ur 3rd year
Re: Study In Canada by Kokomica(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2007
I like Canada a lot. Can someone enlighten me on how to study at master's level in Canada?
Re: Study In Canada by home1986: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
hey do anyone knows if i need to purchase health insurance here in 9ja before i can apply for my visa to canada, anyone who has been successfull going to canada with a student Visa should please lecture me,
abewonder2002@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Canada by home1986: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2008
hey do anyone knows if i need to purchase health insurance here in Nigeria before i can apply for my visa to canada, anyone who has been successfull going to canada with a student Visa should please lecture me,
abewonder2002@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Canada by lao(f): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2008
hello nairalander, please help me out.I need a study permit to canada and i have been denied a british visa, do i need a new passport. i also want to know the amount i need in my statement of account, because someone told as far as the account is in use it is not neccessary if it is in debit or not. Please help me out.
Re: Study In Canada by home1986: 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
Lao, if u need help send me an email on abewonder2002@yahoo.com i got wat i want but i need more help on procedures from peeps, SOmeone told me i need health insurance, i dont know ,
Re: Study In Canada by Delta007(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2008
home1986:

hey do anyone knows if i need to purchase health insurance here in Nigeria before i can apply for my visa to canada, anyone who has been successfull going to canada with a student Visa should please lecture me,
abewonder2002@yahoo.com
You do not proof of health insurance (unless it's a relatively new thing, which I doubt). However, you'd be required to undergo medicals before you are approved.
Re: Study In Canada by Blackcat(f): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2008
which universities are the best in Canada? Prestige wise and tuition wise. my brother wants to do his masters in Canada or UK
Re: Study In Canada by home1986: 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2008
Delta007 , thanks for my reply, Can you please tell me the most vital documents that need to be perfect, before i can apply
Re: Study In Canada by Delta007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2008
home1986:

Delta007 , thanks for my reply, Can you please tell me the most vital documents that need to be perfect, before i can apply
Go pick up the form at the embassy or download the form online and it should list all the required documents; but the leat you'd need are the application form and fee (make sure u fill it out properly and no contradictions), you admission letter, passport photographs and proof of funds. You'd be required to prove that you have very strong ties to Nigeria and once you've completed your studies, you have no intention to stay in Canada. Goodluck!
Re: Study In Canada by metodman(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
what about we thats hold a namibian passport, its a visa free to canada, just not sure if its gonna be easy at the point of entry

please advice
Re: Study In Canada by jermo(f): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2008
well if you want to go for your masters its quite expensive for international student very very but if you can afford it fine good.
Re: Study In Canada by kenflipper(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2008
Re: Study In Canada by home1986: 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2008
Delta, thanks for the reply but do i need a tie in my home land like investment and all that as a student and even if i need a tie must it have to be in my own name or the name of my sponsor
Re: Study In Canada by Delta007(m): 12:04am On Mar 17, 2008
home1986:

Delta, thanks for the reply but do i need a tie in my home land like investment and all that as a student and even if i need a tie must it have to be in my own name or the name of my sponsor
You must prove ties to your country. . .in other words, you must be able to convince the consul that you will be returning back to the country once your program is completed; obviously, cos u have stronger ties. Scenerios like you have a job waiting for you at home pending the completion of your degree (show proof of employment) or family business or perhaps you are a family man and ur family is gonna be at home while u go study, etc

(1) (2) (3)

Top Security Tips For Nigerians / 241 Nigerians 'voluntarily' Return From Libya / Mini-Truck Carrying Diesel Falls On CMS Bridge, Spills Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.