Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Am I Delusional!? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Delusional!? (1422 Views)

Caught My Boss In The Act; Am I Safe? / Why Are Our Fresh Graduates DELUSIONAL About Salary / Am I Making The Right Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2012
Hello fellow Ng'ns,

Does anybody know first or second hand (i.e. not guesswork), how much an EA would earn for the EA to CEO role in Banking, O&G and Telecoms? Insight into relocation packages would be great.

My thoughts would be around N15M per annum? Am I delusional or close? embarassed angry

Thanks for your insight
x
Re: Am I Delusional!? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 26, 2012
It's cool, next is for them to make a good bid
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 10:23am On Apr 26, 2012
@OP,
Oil and Gas, I don't know. But for banking and telecom, you are indeed delusional.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko: @OP,
Oil and Gas, I don't know. But for banking and telecom, you are indeed delusional.

@AK,

Can you help me out with what it should be? A ball park range is what i was looking for. The tittle was a rhetorical question but thanks.

tongue
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
^^
5-6m may be more like it.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
EA to CEO in a bank would be a senior manager with like 15 years experience under his belt. N15M < x < N25M is more like it. EA, not PA, mind.

Whether you're delusional in terms of your expectations, depends on how much experience you plan to bring to the table.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thanks,

Well 11+ years in Business Developement (CXO level), Analytical Research, Project Management and board level B2B event/forum production. EA not PA.

Hope that puts me in the right bracket - so far so good as noises are positive...

grin
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2012
MrsA: Thanks,

Well 11+ years in Business Developement (CXO level), Analytical Research, Project Management and board level B2B event/forum production. EA not PA.

Hope that puts me in the right bracket - so far so good as noises are positive...

grin

That's not an EA profile. EA as in Executive Assistant? That's not different from PA.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
@AK, feel free to elaborate.

My second interview with CEO in question has lead to a scheduled 2nd interview in Lagos shortly. I am on appx N20m ( in GBP) for what i currently do in the UK.

You may well, of course be the CEO of a fortune 150 hence the confidence in your answer versus my prosepective employers' and others...

Look forward to hearing your context.
-
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2012
MrsA: @AK, feel free to elaborate.

My second interview with CEO in question has lead to a scheduled 2nd interview in Lagos shortly. I am on appx N20m ( in GBP) for what i currently do in the UK.

You may well, of course be the CEO of a fortune 150 hence the confidence in your answer versus my prosepective employers' and others...

Look forward to hearing your context.
-

I need to modify my original response.
It's banking that I am not sure of. In telecom, we have PAs. Oil and gas, same thing. A PA is . . . well, a PA. appointments scheduling, calendar management, etc.
In my company we have a role in the CEO's office that oversees strategy and business development. It's a senior manager role. Definitely more than N15m.
Is that what you had in mind?
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 1:48am On May 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I need to modify my original response.
It's banking that I am not sure of. In telecom, we have PAs. Oil and gas, same thing. A PA is . . . well, a PA. appointments scheduling, calendar management, etc.
In my company we have a role in the CEO's office that oversees strategy and business development. It's a senior manager role. Definitely more than N15m.
Is that what you had in mind?

@AK, yes, an Executive Assistant to the CEO is a senior management role with strategy execution responsibility: business development, client strategy, meeting and management (e.g. in telecoms, elements of handset OEM strategy) but also elements of the internal communications strategy.

I take from your response that you are in Telecoms yourself?
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 10:56am On May 01, 2012
MrsA:

@AK, yes, an Executive Assistant to the CEO is a senior management role with strategy execution responsibility: business development, client strategy, meeting and management (e.g. in telecoms, elements of handset OEM strategy) but also elements of the internal communications strategy.

I take from your response that you are in Telecoms yourself?

Yes Ma'am wink
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 11:10am On May 01, 2012
LOL.

Well ok. May I request then that you re-state your assessment of my experience Vs the EA to CEO role in your company? Not sure if your were suggesting my experience was more PA ( shocked) than EA...? What might I be "worth" bearing in mind that a lot of my Bus Dev experience was with the GSMA. cool

Also as much detail on the remuneration package as you might know (or give an educated guess about....) would be helpful.

-
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 11:30am On May 01, 2012
MrsA: LOL.

Well ok. May I request then that you re-state your assessment of my experience Vs the EA to CEO role in your company? Not sure if your were suggesting my experience was more PA ( shocked) than EA...? What might I be "worth" bearing in mind that a lot of my Bus Dev experience was with the GSMA. cool

Also as much detail on the remuneration package as you might know (or give an educated guess about....) would be helpful.

-

I already restated. I erroneously thought you were looking for a secretarial role, which is what we call PA in Nigeria. Even at executive level, they still function like secretaries. In my company, the CEO's PA is on the lowest level in the company.

If we are talking senior manager role, business development and strategy, supporting the executive function, on average in the industry, the lowest you can earn in 15m gross, and can go all the way to 28m, depending on exposure and experience. GSMA is quality enough for the industry.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 12:58pm On May 01, 2012
Thanks @AK.

Any tips on how to avail myself to the teams when I come over for final interview in Lagos? Do you have a magic formulae for how I secure the N28m!? grin

May I ask what you do in Telecoms. And/or who for?\
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 9:41am On May 02, 2012
MrsA: Thanks @AK.

Any tips on how to avail myself to the teams when I come over for final interview in Lagos? Do you have a magic formulae for how I secure the N28m!? grin

May I ask what you do in Telecoms. And/or who for?\

I have to answer your first question with a question. Are you already speaking to some companies locally? I don't think there is much to add by way of tips, just follow through with the process, and present your salary expectations. The good thing about Nigeria is, salaries are generally open to negotiation, and it depends on your perceived worth to the company.

I work in Product Management, at one of the Big Four telcos.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by MrsA: 11:21am On May 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I have to answer your first question with a question. Are you already speaking to some companies locally? I don't think there is much to add by way of tips, just follow through with the process, and present your salary expectations. The good thing about Nigeria is, salaries are generally open to negotiation, and it depends on your perceived worth to the company.

I work in Product Management, at one of the Big Four telcos.

Well, yes, I am in talks.... thanks for your assistance so far.

Which of the following are of most importance to your work right now:
- Content ( Innovation, pricing...)
- Service quality (Infrastructually and/or experientially)
- number portability and retention...?

And who knows, we may be on the way to being colleagues. Or arch competitors! grin grin grin grin

If I accept the offer and am in Lagos, it might be helpful/nice to meeet.
Re: Am I Delusional!? by AjanleKoko: 11:43am On May 02, 2012
MrsA:

Well, yes, I am in talks.... thanks for your assistance so far.

Which of the following are of most importance to your work right now:
- Content ( Innovation, pricing...)
- Service quality (Infrastructually and/or experientially)
- number portability and retention...?

And who knows, we may be on the way to being colleagues. Or arch competitors! grin grin grin grin

If I accept the offer and am in Lagos, it might be helpful/nice to meeet.

All of the above.
You can actually send me an email from the forum, then we can talk further off NL.

(1) (Reply)

I / Massive Recruitment For Academic Staff At Osun State University / Ican Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.