Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It (1575 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming - Is Java The Best To Start With? / Programming Is Like Sex... / The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
my people, i want to share my experience with you, especially to those of you that are novice or very new to programming, or want to know programming. i used to fear programming and i thought it was very difficult. After the training I attended a month ago, I have started developing web applications, web services and database-driven server applications. we were about 10 in the class. The 2 teachers that thought us were experts in programming and they thought us hands-on.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vision65: 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2012
How will i contact the teachers? I want to know how to code. What did they teach you?
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by Peterson1993(m): 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
YoYoYo bro. U gat it right. But how and where did u getr it right? Online training
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 29, 2012
Get books on dummy java
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by delomos(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
vlink: my people, i want to share my experience with you, especially to those of you that are novice or very new to programming, or want to know programming. i used to fear programming and i thought it was very difficult. After the training I attended a month ago, I have started developing web applications, web services and database-driven server applications. we were about 10 in the class. The 2 teachers that thought us were experts in programming and they thought us hands-on.

So to get this clear, you where able to start doing all these after a month of learning programming -- or they are promising you that will happen after a month of programming. I'm strangely smelling a scam here.

If your teachers are indeed experts, I'm confident they will never promise you a novice can confidently do any of those in a month, not even 2, heck, not even a year of just learning programming. Sure, you can slap a thing or two together, if only you and them will be using it -- but when sh#t gets serious, it's a different story pal, don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2012
vision65/Peterson1993, the training was delivered by teachers of starview technologies in one of their training centres in V/I, Lagos. you can contact them on 01-8549387, or visit their web site which is starviewtech.com I was trained on Essential ASP.NET and JQuery.
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Delomos, please, get me clear. Before I attended the training around 20th March, I knew HTML and how to write only simple client side programming, such as "Hello World" and Conversion from Degrees Centigrade to Farhenheit with ASP.NET. But, I did not know how to connect to SQL Server or Oracle database with ASP.NET. I did not also know how to write web services and web applications. In fact, I fear these areas and thought they were very difficult. But, in the training, the Teachers focused on the Project, "Designing and Developing a dynamic and Database Driven Web application from beginning to end", and focused on the basic elements, boundaries, concepts, and pitfalls in programming. They took time to explain and demonstrate difficult topics like some popular ASP.NET Controls, how to use and manipulate ADO.NET objects, Web Services, etc. In fact, Web Services is very easy. ASP.NET 3.5 and 4.0 had made web services to be very simple.
The teachers teach you the foundation to programming and the relevant areas and avoid too much theory.

I said I have started developing web applications, web services and database-driven server applications. My web applications may not be advanced yet, but I know what it takes to develop one and I have deloped a simple dynamic web application which connects to SQL Server Database. With time, and constant practice, I too will become an expert.
You can even contact them on 01-8549387 or visit one of their web sites, such as starviewtech.com, for any information
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vision65: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
I went to starviewtech.com. Some courses, e.g.asp.net I saw on the site. What of Java, javascript and the rest? Which programming language can I study?
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2012
vision65, you can download the training calendar from the site. It has all the programming languages, costs, and the time table.
I recommend you study ASP.NET for server side programming and JavaScript/JQuery/HTML/CSS for client side programming. ASP.NET is easy to learn especially if you have a goot teacher. If you have further questions you can also call their contact no, 01-8549387.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by legendy73: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
Starview Technologies is a very good training company. They are among the best in the industry. They thought me advanced asp.net 3.5 programming last year. My company sent me there for project management and advanced excel training too. The guys there are very hot.
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vision65: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thank you. I saw the training time table. They said the Next asp.net course is June 11th. But,there might be a training on asp.net on 14th of this month. I wil prefer 14th may.
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by pmatrixr2: 8:15am On May 10, 2012
I am not close to lagos how will i join the training
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 9:50am On May 10, 2012
The training currently holds in Victoria island in Lagos. The company is planning to set up branches outside Lagos by next year. But, where are you now?
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by pmatrixr2: 2:14pm On May 10, 2012
Am currently in abraka delta state. I am a lecturer on html, css, javascript, jquery, ajax, php, Asp, Asp.net, VB.Net, C# and Java. I use MySql, MS-Access and Sql Server for Database. I Teach both online and offline. There is a confusion in Oracle database that is just what i want from them.
Re: Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It by vlink: 10:20pm On May 10, 2012
you can contact the Company on 01-8549387

(1) (Reply)

Help : Editing A Html Template / Payroll Software For Small, Medium And Large Businesses In Nigeria / How Do I Convert Finger Print Image To Binary Stream?..help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.