Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? (1200 Views)

Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim / Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by maclatunji: 9:35am On May 06, 2012
This thread is a spin-off of Uplawal's thread that seeks to discuss the 'Roles of a wife in Islam.'

I don't claim to know all the answers so I am looking forward to contributions from you all with necessary references of course where needed.

So, over to you.
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 06, 2012
Love his wife?
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by sino(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2012
hmmm, i thought our sisters would have done justice to this topic...just saying.

As we all know that the wife has rights over the husband so also the husband has rights over the wife.
I would be writing from the book of sheikh Abubakr Jabir Al-Jazaa'iry titled: Minhaaj-l-Muslim chapter 6 page 340
Rights of the wife on her husband.
"There are numerous obligatory rights of a wife on her husband as entrenched by the statement of Allah(swt): ...and they (women) have rights(over their husbands) similar (to those of their husbands) over them to what is reasonable... (Q2vs 228) and the statement of the messanger of Allah(saw):#verily you have a right over your women(wifes) and your women have a right over you#(tirmidhi)
some of these rights includes:
1. Providing for her food, drinks, clothing and a rooof with kindness for the statement of the prophet (saw) to the one who asked him about the right of the woman over her husband:#feed her when you feed, give her to drink when you drink, cloth her when you cloth yourself, and do not strike her face or call her uglyand not to abandon her at home#(Ahmad annd Abu Daud).
2. Intimacy, it is obligatory on him at least once in 4months if he is incapacitated for Allah states: Those who take an oath not to have sexual relations with their wives must wait four months, then if they return, verily, Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful(Q2vs226)
3. Staying with her four nights if he can, based on the "convenant" of umar(ra).
4. Equality in division amongst wives for the prophet(saw) said: #who ever has two wives and he his inclined towards one than the other, he will come on the day of judgement with one of his sides pulled down or inclined#(tirmidhi)
5.He will be with her on the day of the nikkah and 7days if she is a virgin and 3days if she is not for the prophet(saw) said: #for a virgine, 7days and for a non-virgin 3days...#(muslim)
6. Giving her permission when one of her marhams is ill, witnessing his janazah if he dies, and visitation to her relatives and visitations that does not cause difficulty to the husband.
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by maclatunji: 12:23am On May 08, 2012
Okay, thank you. May Allah reward you for your effort.
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by sino(m): 11:55pm On May 08, 2012
maclatunji: Okay, thank you. May Allah reward you for your effort.
Amin bro, Jazaks
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by LogicMind: 5:30pm On May 12, 2012
please hide this post.
thanks.
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by LagosShia: 6:30pm On May 12, 2012
from Risatul Huquq (Treaties of Rights In Islam) by the fourth holy Imam,Imam Ali Ibn Al-Hussain,Zainul-Abideen,as-Sajjad (as)-the son of Imam Hussain (as),the third holy imam and grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (sa):

the rights of your wife:

[20] The right of your wife (zawja) is that you know that God has made her a repose and a comfort for you; you should know that she is God's favour toward you, so you should honour her and treat her gently. Though her right toward you is more incumbent, you must treat her with compassion, since she is under your custody (asir) whom you feed and clothe. If she is ignorant, you should pardon her.

for all the other items stated in Risatul Huquq,please check:

http://www.al-islam.org/sahifa/treatise.html
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by LagosShia: 6:38pm On May 12, 2012
The Right of Husband on His Wife

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir,the fifth holy Imam (عليه السلام) said: That a women came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), and said: "O Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), What is the right of the husband on the wife?" So he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to her: "She must yield to and obey him and must not oppose and disobey him. She must not give charity from his house without his permission and must not do an optional fast without his permission. If she goes out of his house without his permission, the angels of the skies and the angels of the earth and the angels of the anger (wrath) and the angels of mercy will do la`nah (curse) on her until she returns to her house.

She asked: "O Messenger of Allaah, Who has the greatest right on man?" He (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: "his father has the greatest right."

So she asked: "O Messenger of Allaah, who has the greatest right on a woman?" He (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: Her husband has the greatest right on her".

So she asked: "Are my rights upon him like what his (rights) are upon me (i.e. equal rights)?" He (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: "No, not even one out of hundred."

So she said: I swear by the one who has sent you the prophet in all truth, I will never allow any man to have a hold of my neck"
Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 5, pg. 506 – 507, hadeeth # 1
Grading:
1. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth has a SaHeeH (Authentic)
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 20, pg. 318

Other Scholars who say this hadeeth is SaHeeH:
1. al-Shaheed al-Thaani, Masaalik al-Afhaam, vol. 8, pg. 307
2. Yoosuf al-BaHraani, al-Hadaa'iq al-NaaDirah, vol. 23, pg. 119
3. al-Hussayn bin Aal `aSfoor al-BaHraani (d. 1216 AH), al-Anwaar al-Aluwaama`, vol. 10, pg. 5
4. al-Madani al-Kaashaani, Buraaheen al-Hajj, vol. 1, pg. 249
5. al-Haadee al-Najafee, Mawsoo`ah aHaadeeth Ahl al-Bayt, vol. 10, pg. 200

Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) said: A group came to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and said: 'O Messenger of Allah, we say a people who some of them would prostrate to some. So the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: Were I to command anyone to prostrate to someone I would have command the wife to prostrate to her husband.
Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 5, pg. 507 – 508, hadeeth # 6
Grading:
1. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth has a SaHeeH (Authentic)
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 20, pg. 320

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/09/right-of-husband-on-his-wife.html
Re: What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? by LagosShia: 6:41pm On May 12, 2012
Right of Wife on Her Husband

Here is a Muwaththaq (Reliable) hadeeth on the rights that a wife has on her husband.

From IsHaaq bin `Ammaar said, I said to Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad,as-Sadeq عليه السلام (the sixth holy Imam) what rights does a woman have upon her husband, which he his actions are good? He (عليه السلام) said: “(He must) Feed her, cloth her, and if she (acts) ignorant, he forgives her”. And Aboo `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) said: “My father had a woman who would harm (annoy) him, and he would forgive her”

Source:
1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 5, pg. 510-511, hadeeth # 1
Grading:
1. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Muwaththaq (Reliable)
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 20, pg. 323

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/06/right-of-wife-on-her-husband.html

(1) (Reply)

Muslima Lifts Veil Because Of The Heat, Husband Breaks Her Jaw / Interview With Al Haj Shabaaz (grandson Of Malcolm X) / President Obama Hosted An Iftar Dinner At The White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.