Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page (1113 Views)

How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / Live Telecast On My Web Page / Website / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page by phantomcat(m): 10:06am On Mar 30, 2006
Men i feel very stupid undecided asking this, but how do you link a key on a page to a portion of the same page? Stupid eh? undecided i am using dreamweaver.
Re: How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2006
In the section you want to link to, insert:
<a name="section_name"></a>

TO link to that section, insert:
<a href="#section_name">Link Text</a>
Re: How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page by phantomcat(m): 9:31am On Mar 31, 2006
Thanks seun i av to try it out now.
Re: How To Link To Different Section Of Same Web Page by my2cents(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2006
phantomcat,

No question should be considered stupid. In my opinion, the only stupid question is one that is never asked. Nwoke (abi Seun? cheesy) answered correctly. The concept is called intra-linking. Am sure you have already implemented this, but just wanted you to know grin

(1) (Reply)

Website Builders Needed / Can U Design A Website Like Nairaland ? Then Pls Call Me. / Create A Mini Web Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.