Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions (1328 Views)

How To Be A Successful Web-developer / How To BUILD Your Own Bulk Sms Website. At Ease / Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by rflexii(m): 2:34am On May 13, 2012
Job Description
An ICT and web solutions developing firm is currently recruiting Web Developers and Programmers for immediate contractual employment.

Job Title: Web Developer and Programmers

Job Summary:
Responsible for developing websites and softwares, applicants should be ready to start work immediatel and must be able to finish assigned projects within the time frame given.

Responsibilities:
Must posses a good level of web development knowledge.
Capable of finishing projects within given time frame.
Must be ready to start work immediately.
Must be willing to report to project manager any updates as the project (s) progresses.
Ensure full compliance with clients’ Policies.

Qualifications and Requirements:
Must be a professional web developer.
Interpersonal relationship.
Enthusiastic, thorough, amicable, organised.
Team-player, positive and successful.
Develop and maintain solid working relationships.
Network with different people and groups.
Effect change and execute projects.
Resolve issues creatively and in a timely manner.

Application Process:
http://www.easesites.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=6
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by rflexii(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2012
Application is only accepted via:

http://www.easesites.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=6
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 3:31pm On May 13, 2012
Very interesting job listing. I mean, not even a mention of skill set required or educational background. Scary shocked

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by clementcro(m): 3:32pm On May 13, 2012
With all these responsibilities, qualifications and requirement, pls how much can the company pay per month, just want to know before I apply,...lol

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 8:20pm On May 13, 2012
clem:

You can't even apply as you don't want to waste your time as nothing is specified. I mean, web developer is vague. What of if your expertise is in PHP but they are actually looking for .NET? Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 13, 2012
^ these days i work with people rather than for people, nothing beats the life of freelance except where job security matters,

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 13, 2012
when you submit an application, they'll figure out if you have the skills they need.
if they had listed .net, many php developers will alter their resume to reflect employer's requirement.

Educational background dont always cut it in the industry. The best guys are mostly dropouts.

If i put something like that up, I'll employ more of those who didn't have any background in IT but who are able to prove they are capable.
Employees with a passion for the job.

pc guru: ^ these days i work with people rather than for people, nothing beats the life of freelance except where job security matters,
I guess u saw the "contractual" part. give it a shot then.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by rflexii(m): 12:10am On May 14, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
clem:

You can't even apply as you don't want to waste your time as nothing is specified. I mean, web developer is vague. What of if your expertise is in PHP but they are actually looking for .NET? Think about it.

If you read carefully, you'll see that something is specified, and Web Developer is not vague, so far as you can develop website and you have a track record of the works you've done, you can apply. The way it works is that jobs will be assigned to you based on your specialization and you will be paid for doing it.

clementcro: With all these responsibilities, qualifications and requirement, pls how much can the company pay per month, just want to know before I apply,...lol

Thanks

The company will pay based on the job you do, if your past works are very good then you stand a higher chance of getting high profile jobs which means you'll get paid more. Payment structure will only be disclosed to selected applicants who will be working with the company.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by guru01(m): 7:01am On May 14, 2012
Sent in my application.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by DualCore1: 7:02am On May 14, 2012
From what I understand:
1. This is not a fulltime job.
2. You get paid as a Freelancer (per project).

pc guru: ^ these days i work with people rather than for people, nothing beats the life of freelance except where job security matters,
Yea freelancing is so much fun, so much money, too many jobs (and you have to turn down a few). Its really fun to work with some clients who are actually Project Managers serving as the connection between the main client and the developer.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 10:24am On May 14, 2012
multiple reply:
1) Sure, anyone can fudge a resume but a good interviewing session can separate the weed from the chaff. Trust me, I am an expert on this

2) If the people will put you where you fit in, no problem. At least mention so on your resume. Again, I don'tknow .NET and would hate to go through all the rigamarole only to find out that for example, it is a .NET environment.

3) What is it they say that ends with, "and a master of none"? IMHO, tis best to focus on a core competency than to try and do it all. Can you do it? Sure. Is it necessarily more efficient? IMHO, I don't think so.

4) Web developer is vague, with respect to what you will actually be doing. Anyone who spends 30 mins of the HTML section of w3schools is automatically a web developer, by technical and strictest definition. Does this mean the person would qualify for the job above, even after fudging their resume, I don't think so.

these days i work with people rather than for people, nothing beats the life of freelance except where job security matters,
The whole essence of freelancing is the risk. You can't eat your cake and have it too (is that how the saying goes? I've never bothered to know). That is why like the proverbial ant, you work hard and save hard. Every business has ebbs and flows. You don't want to be caught off guard.

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 14, 2012
I guess u saw the "contractual" part. give it a shot then.
i got so much projects on my hands right now, that the moment i add one more, i might crash, and am still trying to juggle a relationship with all this. #foreveralone cry
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by moderattor: 1:49pm On May 15, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Very interesting job listing. I mean, not even a mention of skill set required or educational background. Scary shocked
are u a university lecturer?
Mark zuckerberg is currently the greatest web developer, what is his educational background?
I dont care if the only lang u can speak is kanuri as long as u can write PHP imho
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 5:00pm On May 15, 2012
There we go again with the "Mark Zuckerberg is not a college grad" comments. I am surprised you didn't add Bill Gates or Steve Jobs to the list. Again I am surprised you haven't mentioned that Google makes billions despite having a plain, white web page. Geez!

Bear in mind that Mark never applied for the facebook job. He OWNS FACEBOOK! He saw an idea and went for it and fortunately for him, others saw value in his idea. The subject of this thread is not about risk-taking entrepreneurs but a job listing and the proper way to present one. Next time you want to show us "who I am", try and get the main gist of the matter.

Now, here is a recent job listing I received, one that IMHO is much more detailed. Right there, if I am not interested, I just move it to my "jobs" folder, for future reference. Again the idea is that I don't want to waste my time pursuing a job that may not be a good fit for me. how else to make that decision? The way the listing is described above, I guess they want everyone in the universe to apply because let's face it - whereas the chaff could "have a good knowledge of web development", only the wheat will possess the actual skill set(s) for the job in question.

Note:
I receive lots of job listings, none of which are ever the same. having said that, for the most part, they all tend to follow pretty much the same format below:

JOB TITLE:
Web Developer
MAIN SKILLS:
JavaScript (AJAX, jQuery), DOM, HTML, UI, CSS, OOD, PHP or other framework

JOB OVERVIEW:
Develop using HTML, JavaScript, AJAX, PHP, integration with Content Management Systems, site maintenance and troubleshooting. The Web Developer Oracle DBA--Phoenix AZshoOracle DBA--Phoenix AZuld be able to work as part of a team or act as the sole project developer.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Software Solution Design, Software Development and Testing

QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• 6+ years of web development, including expertise in HTML, CSS, AJAX, JavaScript and libraries like JQuery and JQuery UI
• 3-4 years of experience with server-side scripting PHP or similar object-oriented server-side scripting language
• Experience writing technical specifications and driving them through development

SKILLS REQUIRED
• Deep knowledge of standards-based and JavaScript (AJAX, JQuery) DOM, ,HTML, CSS, UI, OOD
• Knowledge of mobile app development
• Knowledge of server-side scripting language and framework, for example Zend for PHP, or other framework
• Proven ability to work with all members of a technical project team

Skills Desired
• Agile/SCRUM experience a plus
• Understanding of J2EE, Java Servlets, JDBC or JavaBeans

1 Like

Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by teemy(m): 10:51pm On May 15, 2012
At first, I thought yawa was trying to reduce the number of possible contenders by discouraging them, but that would be so unyawalike - this lioness helps stray lambs . Yawa's job description is much more specific and detailed so anyone can really decipher where the real dough is being baked. However, I do plan on advertising vacancies in my programming department like that of the poster and then weed out keeping the best of the best in each sub-field but what a pity that yawa would not be applying. Just my own style.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by utimatedes(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2012
Freelancing is very good. You decide when to work and when not to...
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 10:46am On May 16, 2012
teemy, happy you see my point.

Well, I would love to apply but again:
1) the job description isn't specific enough and I am afraid I would be wasting my time
2) I am not even in Nigeria
3) I am afraid they couldn't pay me enough

If they made #3 worth my while up front, I might reconsider sha grin
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by teemy(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2012
Biggest babe. Lol. For me to roll out vacancies mean a new level of chopping has opened up. Definately gonna be worth the time and effort.
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by yawatide(f): 8:02pm On May 16, 2012
let's talk then cool
Re: Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions by teemy(m): 9:38am On May 17, 2012
Definately will keep you posted sis

(1) (Reply)

Best And Worst Government Websites / Best Social Bookmarking Sites / Screenshot Of Youtube Back In 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.