Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Problem With My Cd-rom - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With My Cd-rom (1095 Views)

Can I Get A Mini Laptop With A CD-ROM Drive? / How Much Can I Get A External Cd Rom For My Mini Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Cd-rom by wande(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2006
I just finished installing MS window 2000 Proffessional only to find out that I have been denied access to the CD-ROM when i wanted to install MS office. The CD-ROm is Samsung CD_ROM SC140B. I can play audio CD but it rejecting CD ROM.

Please what is actually happening?
Re: Problem With My Cd-rom by jogego(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2006
Could help if you gave the actual error message, have u tried cleaning the surface of your CD?
Re: Problem With My Cd-rom by wande(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2006
jogego,

thanks for your concern, I just noticed that the CD rom drive can function on 42x CD below but it cannot function on 52X CD, what baffled me most is that, how manage that am able to complete the installations on 52x cd? only to reject every other 52x that i inserted, I was even able to install a printer driver conveniently.

Is it that CD rom driver need to be upgraded or complete removal of the whole drive? the error message is access denied.
Re: Problem With My Cd-rom by jogego(m): 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2006
wande:

jogego,

thanks for your concern, I just noticed that the CD rom drive can function on 42x CD below but it cannot function on 52X CD, what baffled me most is that, how manage that am able to complete the installations on 52x cd? only to reject every other 52x that i inserted, I was even able to install a printer driver conveniently.

Is it that CD rom driver need to be upgraded or complete removal of the whole drive? the error message is access denied.

Seems to me as if its a user management issue, is the account you are using an administrator account?
Re: Problem With My Cd-rom by wande(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2006
Yes I am using administrator account.

(1) (Reply)

Neat & Durable London Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices! / Hp Pavilion Dv1ooo Ram Needed / Adc/krone 47u Racks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.