Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please (1174 Views)

Sharepoint Workflow Developers And .net Programmers Wanted(deadline passed). / Experienced .net Programmers Wanted For A Corporate Application Project / Vb, Vb.net Programmers Wanted Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by VURN(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hi,
i was asked by my HOD to develop a CGPA system for the department but on of the requirements of the system is scaring me away so i decided to come for your help.

The rquirement is that a report be generated in pdf or any word document that can only be read (read only) and can not be edited by anybody as they will send the soft copy to the senate and they would not want any one to change grades or CGP. Any advice or help will be highly appreciated.

Ok, i develop using VB.NET.
Thanks for your concern and assistance.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by TheArbiter: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
Coincidentally, the very requirement you state seems to be to be the easiest code you would write. U use d application call/write function in VB to write the output to word or a pdf writer and subsequently password the resulting document. Am not so sure if you can do the writing and password concurrently but it looks possible.

You can Google "print to doc/pdf vb.net code" for the correct syntax. If you still cant make any headway, post ur email or PM me tru NL profile page and i'll send you a useful ebook on VB.net programming.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by VURN(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
Thanks alot for your contribution, i will try googling but i still need the VB.NET material/books, my email is valvurn@yahoo.ca
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by TheArbiter: 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
Visual Basic .NET How to Program, 2/e, By Deitels. Its about 15mb so it will take a while to upload to yahoo. Expect it in ur mail tomorrow.

Shall see if i can add a VB.net pocket reference to it.

Is ur email @yahoo.ca or @yahoo.com (is it a mistake?), Kindly confirm.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by VURN(m): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
It is @yahoo.ca and not .com. Thanks alot for your support. The idea coming to my head is to create a crystal report with which i use code to export it to pdf at run time but how do i password this pdf so it can not be edited by any body. It will contain grades and cgpa which can be manipulated if the pdf is editable. This is what my HOD wants to avoid. Thanks alot bro.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by TheArbiter: 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
Like i said, exporting the report is not the problem but applying the password concurrently. I did a similar software based on MS access 2007 a few years ago. In my own case i exported the reports to word docs and pdf (using MS pdf addin).

If it cannot be done concurrently as it is generated then u will have to write a vba macro dat will be triggered to password the MS word document on generation.

For the pdf see if u can use a pdf writer like Bullpdf or cutepdf. U set d default settings of the writer to locked and provide a password. This will automatically password the pdf as it is created. I have not tried calling Bullpdf or Cutepdf from Vb so dont know if its possible but u could give it a try.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by TheArbiter: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
Check ur mail. Just the book. Couldnt get the VB.net Pocket reference to attach.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by VURN(m): 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
Thanks alot dear, you have been of much help already. I have got the book and its really good.

I think i love the one of VBA macro which when trigard, will password the word document. More over, it must not be a pdf so, i also like ms doc but i dont know much about VBa macro, how they are created and triggerd. May God increase and bless you.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by TheArbiter: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
Glad i could help. Shall scout around for a good MS-word VBA code book and send to you.

My kind regards.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by elegale: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
my advice First get the data in a preview state, then find a code that would export that view-state to pdf.

i'll scan and look for such a code for u sha, but i cant promise u anything.
Re: VB.NET Programmers Come In And Solve This Problem Please by VURN(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Thanks dear, am also looking at cutepdf

(1) (Reply)

iOS[X] Development,C++,Python, Programing Materials Urgently Needed. / We Urgently Need A Front-end Developer For Our Health Startup / Remote Developers Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.