Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,738 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Earrings On Men - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Earrings On Men (25545 Views)

Skinny Jeans On Men: Cool Or Not Cool? / Learn How To Make Lace Earrings / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earrings On Men by naijacutee(f): 2:02am On Feb 06, 2007
My stand on this is a bit twisted. If a guy insists on wearing earrings, I'd rather he wore magnetic studs than pierce his ears. That way, it is easier to differentiate on whether he is trying to make a personal statement about himself or if it's only a fashion accessory and nothing more.
Re: Earrings On Men by domwas2(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2007
I put on stud in one of my pierced ear, though i dont put it on always but occasional depends on my mindset and mode of dressing.
pple haves different opinion about it in where ever u finds urself, but it doesnt matters to me because it makes me cool with my simple face. . . wink
Re: Earrings On Men by DorisB(f): 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2007
its horrible on some nd nice on others.some terrible human beings dont look at the mirror when they wear it to see if it fits them.
Re: Earrings On Men by busygirl(f): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2007
[/quote][quote author=Doris B link=topic=9708.msg1021515#msg1021515 date=1175899323]
its horrible on some nd nice on others.some terrible human beings don't look at the mirror when they wear it to see if it fits them.
You're right girl, I really looks good on some people, and could be irritating on some people too. Although it's all for fashion sake but it has much to say about your personality.
Re: Earrings On Men by anthonix: 7:56am On Apr 29, 2007
I have my right ear pierced and the left one, just plain silver studs.
Re: Earrings On Men by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2007
First of all, where was it written in the Bible that its mearnt for men or women?
I dont have problems with people wearing studs, it all depends on whether it looks good on you.

I only roll my eyes on spotting guys with it on the right ear. some say it is a sign of homosexuallity.
Re: Earrings On Men by fromuk(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2007
In 9ja when u wear stud ppl wil see u as one alaye for mile 2. I do not need a stud to look sexy or hot. I know many guys that plet dia hair and stud but have no girl friend, where is dia sexy n hotness. Its oyibo tin simple not every oyibo(Blair, Bush,J reid G bRown) and many don't have it but does yobs in the high streets of england have it then daki can join if he likes. B natural girls wil like you more and stop faking ur way of lyf.
Re: Earrings On Men by tckcal: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2007
With my girlfriend's encouragement, I finally got up the nerve to pierce my left ear. Then after as few months, I got my right ear pierced . 

I get compliments all the time, especially from girls.

Now I have a silver hoop in each ear & I totally love having it.
Re: Earrings On Men by zabie(f): 4:05pm On May 02, 2007
personally, i think its okay to use just one. some guys actually look sexier with them while some just, that stuff bout culture is pure crap. how many things are we doing now that came originally from us. things change man!
Re: Earrings On Men by temmyabby(f): 10:12pm On May 02, 2007
I don't know about culture oh, but i support, its cool. Dats is on sum guys though wink
Re: Earrings On Men by chiogo(f): 2:47am On May 05, 2007
It looks cute on some but I somehow don't take 'em seriously at first sight until they prove otherwise.
Re: Earrings On Men by Sexyabby(f): 4:22pm On May 05, 2007
Studs looks good on some guys but not all and my bf wears one too but some guys wears more than one on each ear and dat makes them look ridiculous.Personally I don't see anything wrong in guys wearing studs.
Re: Earrings On Men by iice(f): 5:53pm On May 08, 2007
Yup love earrings on guys, not matter where the earrings are situated.
Re: Earrings On Men by ne4real(f): 5:50pm On May 11, 2007
it disgusts me.
Re: Earrings On Men by kemulala(f): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2007
i love men with their ear pierced, but to honest the don´t fit every one
Re: Earrings On Men by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:46am On Oct 11, 2007
Well i don't have problem with jare, especially if he wears a little diamond stud wow it's very cute kiss kiss, but like kemu_lala said earlier it doesn't fit everyone, some looks like omo conductor, while some are just plain razz grin grin grin
Re: Earrings On Men by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2007
@topic

Am not a fan of earings on guys, i see nothing wrong with whoever wants to put it on, but i wnt wanna date one.
Re: Earrings On Men by djcrucifix(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2007
if you wanna bring culture into this i don't think guys should be using earrings. but on the whole general way of life blings have become a part of not only the naija fashion scene but all over the world (as if we didn't know that already), which automatically brings earrings into the fold.

personally i don't like earrings on guys but at the same time some guys are just blessed with what i call ''earring ears'' (kinda stupid isn't it). wink
Re: Earrings On Men by Bblak(f): 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2007
They are only trying to imbibe foreign cultures into ours and i tell u it can't work.i find it so disgusting
Re: Earrings On Men by omogenaija(f): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2007
@poster
culture ko , heritage ni angry
i hate when culture has to mix with fashion , i think its a personal preference and if earrings fit the guy
Re: Earrings On Men by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
whateva floats their boats. i'm rather more in tune with guys that ain't into such.
Re: Earrings On Men by mi3(f): 10:44pm On May 12, 2008
studs on guys, lemme see, i used to, and still do to a large extent think that they make the wearer look immature, same category wiv cornrows and soulja boy sized shirts and jeans.it makes people not to take you seiously in naija, not that im saying they cant look good, on the contrary, they are capable of loking tooo damn sexy, in one ear though, two is taking it too far, and no guy over 24 should be caught DEAD wiv studs in his ears, erry boi has to grow up,

, but then again, im partial to it now, cuz thers this guy i know that has a stud in his ear, iiiiceeee, and it looks really nice so, tongue
Re: Earrings On Men by drwhopl(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2008
@ romeo
where is this wadoskys man from? man you're not from my Enugu!! i came from Enugu and i was wearing studs 8 years ago with all my mates and i don't know why you are becoming aware of studs today, culture my ass, wearing suits is not our culture, wearing pants is not our culture, wearing shoes and the list goes on forever that is not our culture things we do daily. Culture is people's way of life. infact the definition of culture is this, " the customs and beliefs, art, way of life and social organization of a particular country or group": learn up man because your culture is not my culture, maybe your generation wore afro hair cut and platform shoes and my generation opts for studs. this is the culture of the present generation and our culture is not only about eating Eba and egusi soup, people change with the world.

guy i believe you don't mind all this fake asses,they just feel they know better.

dumb ones
Re: Earrings On Men by kufreabasi(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2008
They are only trying to imbibe foreign cultures into ours and i tell u it can't work.
It is nonsence.
Re: Earrings On Men by Morenisexy(f): 5:55am On Jul 04, 2008
Distasteful!
Re: Earrings On Men by Gamine(f): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2008
I no like.
Re: Earrings On Men by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2008
sucks.
Re: Earrings On Men by Jensenson: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
Men's fashion accessory earrings adorn your personality and give a glow to your face. It is the most eye catchy jewelry. Till a few past decades, earrings found their place in the jewelry boxes of women.
Re: Earrings On Men by marocguy(m): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2010
I'm planning 2 pierce an ear 4 d new year. Dont knw which one yet. I hope it fits. Some1 check my pic n tell me whether it will. Havent worn any at all b4. Where do i even get d ones 4 guys? A female boutique?
Re: Earrings On Men by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 02, 2010
i like earing on guys.it really luks sexy n modern on dem.i admire people like d'banj,akon soji taiwo ,vanvicker,usher etc who use earings.it's not a sign orf 'irresponsibility'as many old folks claim.responsibility has 2 do with attitudes n not dat much of ur physical look.i'm a lady though n i've got 5 ear holes.just wear 3. i've told my fiancee if i have a boy i'm gona give him ear holes n he likes it too.i'm indiferent bout guys weaving dia hair cos it's not everyone dat luks gud on it but ill like my kids (both boys n galz) with ear hole.
Re: Earrings On Men by mbulela: 3:43am On Jan 02, 2010
@ topic,
it sucks.
No man over 18 yrs old who expects to be taken serious wears one.
In my view it reeks of adolescent delinquency.
Re: Earrings On Men by mamagee3(f): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
Men shouldn't wear earrings. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Drive In Heels? / Checkout Beautifull Miss Tourism Asaba ( Photos) / Authentic Wristwatches Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.