Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Read This ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Read This ! (1153 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This ! by pascal(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2006
It was about 3 weeks ago, I was at the Shell station getting diesel. It was about 1:30pm. I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving asked me What kind of perfume do you wear?' I was a bit confused and I asked him
why?' He said we are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I
had no money.
He then reached out of the car and handed me paper that was laminated; it had many
perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back. I said, I have no money.

He said it is OK, we take cheques , Cash or credit cards. Then the people in the car
began to laugh. I just got in my car and said no thanks.

Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine.

Please read this. It is not a joke. Here is the e-mail I was sent:

Dear Friends:

I am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters, etc. Our
world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in mailboxes and sickos in
parking lots with perfume. Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around
13:30 pm in a car park by two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing.
Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me
at a very reasonable rate I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail
some weeks ago warning of a wanna smell this neat perfume?' scam.

Someone walks up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking you to SNIFF
PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS IS NOT PERFUME, IT IS
ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and
heaven knows what else. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going to wards them, pointing at
them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work.

If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the PERFUME but thanks
to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to
me. I wanted to do the same for you.
Re: Read This ! by hotangel2(f): 4:31am On Apr 04, 2006
Okay im confused.

Did you write that e-mail. Or how come the guy in the e-mail had same encounter with you, same time, and same errthang?
Re: Read This ! by baby4u2(f): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2006
nah wah oh pascal. the scams naija come up with everyday. can u remember that thing of people calling you on the phone, then after a while!!! death. we need God now more that ever to protect us. i hear of otoko, scams like this and other evil things men come up with and am like i lived in naija (and still am only because am schooling in america) for 19 years and nothing touched me. GOD BE PRAISED. nah God oh. it can happen to anyone. pascal thank God for ur life u know some have a different story now from yours.
Re: Read This ! by babymine(f): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2006
Thanks for the info.
Re: Read This ! by loma(m): 11:04pm On May 10, 2006
This is so true. I live in Houston and almost fell for it last week. Be careful!
Re: Read This ! by sade511(f): 2:40am On May 14, 2006
Damn that is scary.

(1) (Reply)

Ige's Killers Planned With Mariam Abacha's Drive: Ehindero / Man Beheads Sister In Kolkata Honour Killing!!! / For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly, US Court Awards African Man $1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.