Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

CD Marketer And Distributer - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / CD Marketer And Distributer (3644 Views)

How To Get A Marketer / I Need A marketer / Need Marketer And Promoter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CD Marketer And Distributer by klintos: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
pls help, i will like to go into the music business of marketing and distributing of CDs for artist. can u tell me what to do? how much will it cost to start? and any other advice. pls
Re: CD Marketer And Distributer by bionicman: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hmmmm!

CD marketing , sales and distribution?

You must have a lot of money and structure to venture into this business in order to have artist want to do business with you. As an artiste they will want a distributor that will buy the CD copies outright and remit funds into their account. Different artistes have different arrangements with the various distributors we have in Alaba.

Some distributors are also called marketers , many of them do not market / promote your works they just distribute , so as a company you need to have a potent marketing strategy for each artiste project. Also a good distribution network , most especially if you are not situated in Alaba. Also have networks and connect across Nigeria and across Africa if your contract allows you to represent the artiste , promote and sell/distribute outside Nigeria , and outside Africa.

I cant say precisely how much it will cost , as you have requested for the cost but you need to have a website that enables you to promote the artistes online and also you need to spend money on branding to push the website e.g this boutique has a website to showcase their wears http://www.f3g1.com , but you have to visit the store to pick up and pay for the wears, what is your strategy

Infrastructure = alaba office to start with (Lagos landlords will collect 2 to 3 years for stores in Alaba)
Retailers = have existing relationship with retailers to push your CDs or setup retail outlets
Networking = You will spend money to network with industry heads attend gigs , industry nights to spread the word
Sponsorship = you will have to sponsor some gigs , album listening parties , mixtape launches etc to gain visibilty
CD printing = You will take the master copy to nira , chronotech or any registered CD plant in Nigeria , that will cost you money.
Website = This will cost you money if you want to have a good website to reflect your business brand
Posters , Flyers = ok i can give you a figure (btw 20,000 and 500,000 monthly depending on how many artistes you pushing)
Relliable Staffs = Salaries

You will have to spend time on twitter and also have the artistes you distribute their works to endorse your brand etc. I have to get back to what i was doing , there are so many things you have to do, so you need to have a deep pocket you know.

Got to go now.

2 Likes

Re: CD Marketer And Distributer by klintos: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
@bionicman, i really appreciate you providing answers to my problem. You must be a prof in the music busness...LOL. Thanks
Re: CD Marketer And Distributer by joshfire(m): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Please my sweet friends I need help,am a gospel artist,and I think I would love to sell just my master disc to skip every other process I don't want to follow in publishing it because of time..how do I get buyers please..?
Re: CD Marketer And Distributer by megabeatsonline: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
FREE BEATS || links@ www.fb.com/megabeats.online www.fb.com/lynix.diamond

NEW JAM ALERT
Mega beats productions Presents;
Free beat produced by Cool_Joe
File size: 3.18 mb
Direct DOWNLOAD link: http://tindeck.com/listen/ysmvl
like on fb @ mega beats; ff IG @kooyyee; ff twitter @megabeatsonline ..
DOWNLOAD AND RBC
#Mega_beats #KMG
PHackarh!!
Re: CD Marketer And Distributer by dayssolalee(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello ,

We are to love everyday. Be showered with this love package. Upload your

Music on Boomplay today for just N3000. This promotional package ends

tonight.

For more information on how to go about this, kindly send a DM or call/text

us on 08152361455 or 08162124564 or click on the link below

https://smenmusic.com.ng/boomplay/

To your music promotions success.

Best Regards.

(1) (Reply)

. / Selling Beats Online / Fairly Used B2 Pro Condenser Mic For Sale. Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.