Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Is This Possible? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Possible? (1078 Views)

U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? / Travelling From Nigeria To Ghana By Road- Is This Possible Without Passport / Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Possible? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
I will be going to the Uk for xmas but all i have is my british passport and a very old naija passport that expired like 1995, will i be able to come back to Nigeria with that, because i know its almost impossible to get a new naija passport now, with the rush for it and the new e- passport thing. What if i take my birth certificate from Nigeria( because i have a british passport because my father was born in england). Or better still go and swear an affidavit from a court here before going. I dont want to be stuck there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please advice on the best possible thing to do
Re: Is This Possible? by Vicjustice: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2007
Though, you can prove that you're a Nigerian, but the prove is not an entry clearance for Nigeria, so not having a valid travel document is good enough for repatriation or at least, detention in immigration cell. Your best bet is to get a Nigerian visa with the British passport, at least, it's a solution for the situation.
Re: Is This Possible? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2007
if having to prove my identity will be at the nigerian ports, then i guess the stress will be less, trust those naija people, but in the maintime how much does a nigerian visa cost ?
Re: Is This Possible? by VOR(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2007
Vicjustice is spot on.

Though you probably wouldn't have a problem with
Nigerian immigration, apart from paying them the customary
bribe grin grin grin. Your problems may stem from even boarding
the aircraft in the UK to return to Nigeria. Without a valid
travel document the airline is at liberty to refuse to allow you
to board.

As vic said your best solution would appear to be to obtain
a Nigerian visa in the UK.
Re: Is This Possible? by SweetT1: 6:06am On Dec 04, 2007
@Aysometin

Yes you do ! when i went home last year i did not have a Nigerian passport. I don't even remember having one. Thank God i had a nigerian visa on my passport. Those immigration guys at MMA were stupid. Regardless of my name and even speaking Yoruba they made me to line up with the foreigners. Make sure you try and get your Nigerian passport b/4 you leave or make sure you get a naija visa in London. I'm also trying to get a Nigerian passport in Washignton DC embassy now.
Re: Is This Possible? by scambater(m): 6:13am On Dec 04, 2007
When ever i travel to Nigeria I always use my Nigerian passport to get in which has Expired in years and my American passport to get out. I always get through the customs and immigrations with $50.00 bribe I know it's bad, but I hate dealing with the Nigerian consulate people here, the are Animal if you ask me.
Re: Is This Possible? by SweetT1: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
Especially the Nigerian consulate in DC. Those guys are bunch of goats. They pick 1 out of 15000 phone calls.
Re: Is This Possible? by Abedisi(m): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2007
Thats the other side of having multiple nationality. I have a friend who is also in the same situation even worse, He's thinking of applying for a German nationality and also wants to keep his Nigerian nationality and you can have both, The former is good to see the world and the later is good for Nigeria.
I have seen a grown up Nigerian shed tears at the Nigeria embassy cause he could not get a renewal on time and had to do with a TC and at the Airport they sort of look at you twice. Just keep some money cause when you get to Naija you need to sort your self out, Also you can apply for a TC but if it's not expensive.

Santa claus is in town
Re: Is This Possible? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
Thanks all,
I have found the solution, a well known Passport runs man has agreed to help me get the e-Passport in one week but am going to part with 23k, got no choice now because i dont want to spend money on a nigerian visa when i get to London, since i will still need the passport some other time.
Re: Is This Possible? by marciojb: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
Dear Vor,

Sorry for saying something completly different of this topic.

Could I get your help with some visa stuff please? I saw that you have a quite good knoledge about it, so I posted some questions in the forum: Dependant Visa Uk (student).

I'd really appreciate if you could check it and help me.

Thanks.

Marcio
Re: Is This Possible? by awonboiz: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
@POSTER

U get coins o grin 23k 4 9ja e-P shocked
na wa o!, wetn u de look since wey u no get 9ja P undecided
una com spoil 9ja patapata cry
anyways wen u reach jd , jus holla me wink

arira cheesy
Re: Is This Possible? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
awon boiz, na wa for you o, lol
Dont mind me i was just dragging the thing thats why, i gave the man the 23k today and he promised to give me the passport on tuesday.He gave me 500 naira change sha!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Look na so naija be, if you wan use due process for the e-passport, you go stay o , like months.

Anyway on my other thread you promised to send me an agents number for my ticket, please dont forget and ofcourse i will see you when i get to London, if you will give me 1000 pounds to shop, ole ni mi abi, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Possible? by awonboiz: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ayosomethin

actually na jd twin sister land i de grin
enjoy ya hols 4 jd wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman In Atlanta, Georgia Convicted Of Enslaving Housegirls. / Study In Vietnam / Contact Details For Okomu Game Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.