Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (11837 Views)

. / With The Uk Government Restrictions On Work: / My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by MegaG: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: . by ibhena(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
Well, make dem do wetin dem wan do!
Re: . by inspirenet: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Interesting

smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lol. So at last he changed it. He shoulda left the law in place and see UK crumble like *insert really poor country's name*
Re: . by AjanleKoko: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
A few more years of this, and the Tories are out in the next General Election.
Re: . by supereagle(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
I love that. I may go to Uk for a crash programme.
Re: . by clemzy012(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
I will be glad if the PSW policy is brought back in place...
I mean, what are they waiting for :DI
Re: . by clemzy012(m): 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
so he has now come to his senses abi?
No ooo make he live d policy as he dey and see if no go affect them... Mstcheeeewww... lipsrsealed
Re: . by ceejay80s(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
They are broke,now they want us to come and study! To hell with them

1 Like

Re: . by AjanleKoko: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Naijas sef.
Going about accumulating useless degrees. All in a bid to escape their destinies tongue

2 Likes

Re: . by 195(f): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
already have my psw so I'm nt fazed
Re: . by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
Which sensible Government will bar students from bringing in money into his country in exchange for knowledge ? Immigration in simple english is closing your gates against jobless foreigners. I wish everybody has my mindset, then UK will be begging people to visit them. Old school people.
Re: . by lee007(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
;DI knew that yeye policy wont work......Thank God for Canada...make dem no change am now....all man don bone dem side now they want to bring post study work permit back, they better change it to five years o...cus they will loose more than 8 Billion pounds when men finnaly bone jand for studies
Re: . by oc2fish: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
People if any one of UK school ask you to write text for English language dont. Reason if you study in Nigeria your are not suppose to, why because all your studies were in Engish all thier are looking for are ways to make money for their country. It cost 40k to write this exam in their commision in Lagos if you calculate exam fee and other cost it will eat deep into your pocket, put up the agurment that English language is your second language and insist on not writing the exam. They will give in they actually need our money to survive.
Re: . by kaiter: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
I wish everybody has my mindset, then UK will be begging people to visit them. Old school people.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: . by lifestyle1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
They can go to hell, I have got better alternative. tongue
Re: . by lifestyle1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
life_style: They can go to hell, I have got better alternative. tongue
Re: . by konami001: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko: Naijas sef.
Going about accumulating useless degrees. All in a bid to escape their destinies tongue

My guy but you harsh o!
Re: . by AjanleKoko: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
konami001:

My guy but you harsh o!

I didn't abuse anybody. Merely stated that all but very few of the degrees Nigerians are accumulating abroad are very useless, and can't be used to find a job anywhere. Especially since most people took up those degrees in desperation, all in a bid to get acceptance and get visa.

1 Like

Re: . by amosy007: 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I didn't abuse anybody. Merely stated that all but very few of the degrees Nigerians are accumulating abroad are very useless, and can't be used to find a job anywhere. Especially since most people took up those degrees in desperation, all in a bid to get acceptance and get visa.
yeah very true
Re: . by Sunofgod(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
The same UK govt that announced this week that home students demand for university places had dropped by 9%.

They are only looking at how to fill the classrooms with mugs that will pay thousands and thousands for their sub standard education.
Re: . by uneeking(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
My people, shine your eyes o! They recently increased school fees even for their own indigenes and the students went on protest, got battered by the police and some were arrested. They are looking for mumus to come and contribute money to their failing economy. They have also realised that they suddenly getting REAL COMPETITION from schools in the former Soviet Republics who offer the same services for much lower fees and also from Chinese educational institutions. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: . by newacca: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
grin grin grin I dey laugh for Italiano. see as dey Canada and U.S dey make fortune from International student. UK you dey form papaz before. o ga ooo. Anyway my younger brova has already gotten his visa to study in UK while I prefer Canada.

1 Like

Re: . by ebamma(m): 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
as if i care?
Re: . by Uteghe(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
Rubbish...that's because their economy is in tatters.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
AjanleKoko: Naijas sef.
. But wetin man go do? Isn't like to get job in nigeria is easy like that. Unless you re extremely connected or extremely brilliant getting a decent job in Nigeria as at today is very tough with only few making the cut, while the rest languish in frustration and desperation. To me, all this talk of 'it is better to slug it out in naija than jand' is bullshit or 'if only nigerians would apply half of the determination to go abroad to hustle in their home they would make it' is utter bollocks. Naija is in a very bad shape with things getting worse daily yet I don't deny that some are thriving. I think it depends on what works for you.

3 Likes

Re: . by Onuh4real: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
What of those who do not even have the money to enter nigerian university?They will still survive and live good God has it all.let make niger great. Its even better to study here than abroad.lol.

1 Like

Re: . by bizideas2(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Donxavier: . But wetin man go do? Isn't like to get job in nigeria is easy like that. Unless you re extremely connected or extremely brilliant getting a decent job in Nigeria as at today is very tough with only few making the cut, while the rest languish in frustration and desperation. To me, all this talk of 'it is better to slug it out in naija than jand' is bullshit or 'if only nigerians would apply half of the determination to go abroad to hustle in their home they would make it' is utter bollocks. Naija is in a very bad shape with things getting worse daily yet I don't deny that some are thriving. I think it depends on what works for you.
True talk
Re: . by ochukoccna: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Finally,David Cameron is regaining use of his brain cells
Uk: Overpriced education,lousy weather, wack football team, over hyped football players and wannabe country compared to other occidental nations grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by Redman44(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
The UK will eventually lose to Canada when it comes to International Education. Canadian Universities and Colleges are now aggressive in recruiting foreign students ( Mostly Asians and Africans ) to study with them. Canada also makes it possible for you to become a Permanent Resident quickly than the UK. It is also cheaper to study in Canada than the UK. I don't understand the rush to study in UK Universities with all the hassles International Students are made to go through here sad sad sad. If you insist on studying in the UK, Please go to Scotland. You will be able to survive there and live decently as a student than in South East England. Education is also very cheap in Germany but you need to be able to speak and write German 100% before you can access the opportunities in Germany's Education sector. So why don't you enrol for German Language Courses at Goethe Institut in Lagos while you're still young? I regret not enrolling for German and French Language Classes before leaving Nigeria. If you can speak French, your application to study in Canada will be easier. Speaking a foreign language helps a lot. Cheers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway? / S'African Police Invade Nigerian Embassy Over Visa Refusal To South Africans / The London Skyline Is Finally Taking Shape!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.