Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Coding Standards - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Coding Standards (948 Views)

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding / Java Coding Challenge: Task Scheduler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coding Standards by harryobas: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2012
Many software development organizations impose coding standards on programmers, and these standards can range from general principles to very specific requirements. If you'd like to look at a more complete set of coding standards used in a major collaborative (university, government, and industry) development setting, the ACE Software Development Guidelines document, which the ACE developers use in daily practice, is a good place to start.
Re: Coding Standards by lordZOUGA(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
so?
Re: Coding Standards by Ymodulus: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
harryobas: Many software development organizations impose coding standards on programmers, and these standards can range from general principles to very specific requirements. If you'd like to look at a more complete set of coding standards used in a major collaborative (university, government, and industry) development setting, the ACE Software Development Guidelines document, which the ACE developers use in daily practice, is a good place to start.
Well i see this as bad practise and good practise.

i have reasons as to why i say so.

Imagine you working for a firm where an in house framework is used blive me u get used to a way of programming different from the outside world. and u get stock up wen u go out there to develop for others. well to me i feel just follow a general coding standard dats mostly used in the open source world.
today i meet programmer that codes to their own way and u find it difficult going through their codes becuz its suits their own test.
note when i mean their own test i mean according to their own standards. but in reality when u ask this guys to join u on a project its gboom!!!!!!!!
disaster very baad if i may say.
Re: Coding Standards by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
I love the idea, These standards must have been designed to make collaboration painless. Developers just have to learn to adapt same way they did with the languages they use. in the long run, it pays.

(1) (Reply)

Award Winning Mobile Application Developed By A US Based Nigerian / Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback / Help With Bootstrap Modal-body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.