Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ... (1628 Views)

Yoruba Community In London / Is There An Ethiopian Community In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by queensmith: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^^^When are you going to grow up? undecided undecided

There's nothing called; British Nigerian... It's either you're Nigerian, or lost... grin

5 Likes

Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^When are you going to grow up? undecided undecided

There's nothing called; British Nigerian... It's either you're Nigerian, or lost... grin

LOL, shymmex
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
queensmith: I'm wondering if there is any around the island? I visited one or two spots that were lovely but I'm really looking for a home away from home. Is there anywhere known for britigerians in lagos?

There is no British Nigerian, Nigerian American and etc community in Nigeria; You are just Nigerian even if you were born in the western world from Nigerian parents but if you mean British people(this doesn't include Nigerians Born in Britain though) living in Nigeria they don't call themselves like that, just British.

However foreigners(particularly ones that work in other nation embassies) in Nigeria tend to live in the hot spots of Nigeria like Lagos and etc
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
anonymous6:

There is no British Nigerian, Nigerian American and etc community in Nigeria; You are just Nigerian even if you were born in the western world from Nigerian parents but if you mean British people(this doesn't include Nigerians Born in Britain though) living in Nigeria they don't call themselves like that, just British.

However foreigners(particularly ones that work in other nation embassies) in Nigeria tend to live in the hot spots of Nigeria like Lagos and etc

And this is me thinking you are Nigerian American.. grin grin grin

These pseudo-identities are annoying... I have never seen a British American, Italian British, nor American British - only low self-esteem having Nigerians claim these rubbish identities.. grin grin
Re: ... by queensmith: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
That's how you guys go everywhere to cause discrimination and give other people a bad name, nutters.
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
shymmex:

And this is me thinking you are Nigerian American.. grin grin grin

These pseudo-identities are annoying... I have never seen a British American, Italian British, nor American British - only low self-esteem having Nigerians claim these rubbish identities.. grin grin

True but since I was born in America that is what I am considered but in Nigeria I will just be seen as Nigerian even though to them I may have some mannerisms that aren't Nigerian, which is inevitable really; However as long as you have the core culture you are fine. One thing though in Nigeria there will never be any pseudo identities there, it is either your nigerian or not.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
anonymous6:

True but since I was born in America that is what I am considered but in Nigeria I will just be seen as Nigerian even though to them I may have some mannerisms that aren't Nigerian, which is inevitable really; However as long as you have the core culture you are fine. One thing though in Nigeria there will never be any pseudo identities there, it is either your nigerian or not.

Hmmm.. Interesting.

Do they call people oyinbo in Nigeria as well? grin
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
shymmex:

Hmmm.. Interesting.

Do they call people oyinbo in Nigeria as well? grin

what? any way I am not called oyinbo lol
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
anonymous6:

what? any way I am not called oyinbo lol

Oh ok.. I'll take you to naija with me when I'm going there. wink
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 12:38am On Jul 17, 2012
shymmex:

Oh ok.. I'll take you to naija with me when I'm going there. wink

wink lol
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

wink lol

I'm serious about it lol... Can I see your picture? wink
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 2:43am On Jul 17, 2012
shymmex:

I'm serious about it lol... Can I see your picture? wink

wink
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

wink

Can I see your picture and your beautiful 5'8 frame? grin grin wink
Re: ... by queensmith: 5:48am On Jul 17, 2012
@anonymous that's 100% incorrect nigerians of all are the most sensitive to people not from nigeria, I should know I'm never regarded as a nigerian here. Nigerians will even tell you by looking at you that you that you are not nigerian.
anonymous6:
T
Thats

Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
queensmith: @anonymous that's 100% incorrect nigerians of all are the most sensitive to people not from nigeria, I should know I'm never regarded as a nigerian here. Nigerians will even tell you by looking at you that you that you are not nigerian.

it is all groups from Ghanians, Germans and etc, I won't limit that with Nigerians saying they are the most sensitive, but my experiences are a 100% correct and my assessment is correct based on who I am around. I was never told I am not Nigerian maybe you but not me, and I have some with the same experiences, I guess it depends on the Nigerians you bump into(and how you act in front of them), sometimes as a joke I may hear Omo America or something like that but never you are not nigerian. Lastly you and me are talking about two different things, not about whether a Nigerian can tell by looking at you that you were not born in Nigeria or not, because that is inevitable but in the end of the day I was never told I am not nigerian despite me being born and raised in America.

There are no pseudo identities in Nigeria, it doesn't exist; that is what I am talking about not whether Nigerians can tell whether you were born in Nigeria or not by first view
Re: ... by anonymous6(f): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
shymmex:

Can I see your picture and your beautiful 5'8 frame? grin grin wink

wink wink
Re: ... by queensmith: 5:08am On Jul 18, 2012
Seriously I have no time to be arguing nonsense, @topic someone mentioned tarkwa bay is popular for brits. And apparently there is a pub around there too.and another mentioned bungalow but I'm not too sure if that's a hotel. Will check asap
Re: ... by kandiikane(m): 5:10am On Jul 18, 2012
shymexx is one lost nigerian.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 18, 2012
^^^Still following me everywhere, huh?lol
Re: ... by kandiikane(m): 5:38am On Jul 18, 2012
In your head.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 18, 2012
Do you play with yourself after looking at my pics?

The fresh face, sexy beards, thick and luscious lips.. grin

I know my body will make you get moist, that's why you keep following everywhere for a pix of my tattooed body.. grin

Sorry, but I'm married.. sad
Re: ... by kandiikane(m): 5:44am On Jul 18, 2012
lol, I see you don't know when a woman is playing with your little head.

If I wanted to play with myself by looking at photos, I just have to look at one of mine. wink

1 Like

Re: ... by queensmith: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Eeew
Re: ... by kandiikane(m): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2012
lol, I hope that is for shymexx
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hey queeny,

Take pictures when you get to the tarkwa bay place... I want to see what the place looks like lol..

Shout me queeny the big head.. wink grin
Re: ... by queensmith: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
lol- its really nice. i'll have to do that when i get back im leaving naija tonight
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^When you get back, make sure you create a thread for us.. grin
Re: ... by james1(m): 1:28am On Oct 10, 2012
@queensmith,here u go should you still be on the lookout.the yacht club by the v/i bridge linking bonny camp,the english club on reeve road,ikoyi.they also hangout a lot,E-bar on admiralty,lekki phase1.the new Pat bar on Ajose.stepp-inn on younis bashorun and Chase bar off Younis bashorun.
Enjoy!
Re: ... by queensmith: 7:21am On Oct 10, 2012
^^ thank you, smiley

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Among The Igbo Of Nigeria / What Is Talebearer Called In Your Language ? / Itsekiri Kingmakrs Disqualified Prince Cus Mother Nt Frm Itsekiri Or Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.