Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,932 members, 7,852,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

9jam's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jam's Profile / 9jam's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:13am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

1st and foremost they belong to a different group.

The Baoule are Akan and the Bete are Krou , therefore their language is totally different. No similarity at all.
The baoule are matrilineal and the Bete Patrilinear.
For traditional attire the Baoule use Kente as most Akan and the Bete use Tapa or Raffia
Both are egalitarian societies I think however, in baoule societies there are kingdoms.
For most Kru ethnic group there are no kingdom, the go by Chefferie.
ok thanks for the information
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:01am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aaah that's cool, i hope u enjoyed your stay, there is nothing like Babi, u know the expression : Abidjan est le plus doux au monde? no? wink
I was supprised that a lot of ivorians in abidjan speak english, and they are very friendly

1 Like

Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2012
please @ Syb could you explain me the diference between the bete and the baoule (culture etc...)
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:52am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aaah that's cool, i hope u enjoyed your stay, there is nothing like Babi, u know the expression : Abidjan est le plus doux au monde? no? wink
yeeeesssss the food (aloco and attieke) and garda made by hausa etc.... and le plateau look like NY city, alocodrome do you know? and abidjan by night ( just wow, la rue princesse) they listen many nigerian music and they love nigeria

1 Like

Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy: Raffia Attire, I believe they are Kru, not too sure

very beautifull wink

1 Like

Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

I thank u in the name of all Ivorian women wink
This was a very nice compliment, and I really appreciate it

Have u been to CIV before?
yes one month ago and I know many ivorians here in paris
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2012
coolzeal: where does the singer Monique Seka comes from, a friend once told me she's a Cameroonian..
she is Ivorian
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

yes Senoufo women are gorgeous, Malinke, Bhete and Baoule too....so between those 4 I dunno, I guess there is a draw

match nul tongue
bete and baoule are the best
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

This one ain't Kita/Kente, raffia or Tappa so I don't know sad

I think it's a regular wrapper
Ivorian are so creative, i know some ivorian woman (bete, baule and madinka) and i think they are the most beautifull of W.AFRICA

1 Like

Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah: Bhete Women are beautiful smiley

this bete woman is very beautifull, what's the name of the cloth
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 1:30am On Dec 26, 2012
I love IVC attire, could you post more bete and baule attire please
Foreign Affairs / Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by 9jam: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
onila: they drink while shitting too grin grin

loool, mad people
Foreign Affairs / Re: Cameroon Vs Ivory Coast. by 9jam: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
IVORY COAST is far better than this big village cameroon
Foreign Affairs / Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by 9jam: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: those guys are fucking funny so someone is beating his chest because he is ignorant. what r you talking about dumbo Cameroon or Cameroonian..? those guys are fucking funny so someone is beating his chest because he is ignorant. what r you talking about dumbo Cameroon or Cameroonian..?
lmao btw CIV is know by their war. and Ivorians are known by coupe decale and maybe Drogba .period. who the Bleep even talk about you guys in Cameroon if it is not for your war like every scholar will do undecided undecided grin grin.
ohh so Cameroun or Cameroonian ?fix this cause i can't understand the nonsense you just wrote ..so technically you are telling us that you hear the name Cameroon in France,what a shame lipsrsealed undecided
hide your face in shame and blame your education system it is a failure .
lmao btw CIV is know by their war. and Ivorians are known by coupe decale and maybe Drogba .period. who the Bleep even talk about you guys in Cameroon if it is not for your war like every scholar will do undecided undecided grin grin.
ohh so Cameroun or Cameroonian ?fix this cause i can't understand the nonsense you just wrote ..so technically you are telling us that you hear the name Cameroon in France,what a shame lipsrsealed undecided
hide your face in shame and blame your education system it is a failure .
you guy are mad seriously!!! the ivorians are not only known by their war, but by their beautifull girl, their food, they infrastructure, their great culture and because they are the coolest people of africa after nigerians! but tell me about the crime in cameroon after indenpedance(bamileke), we know that cameroonains led AIDS in africa because they used to Bleep whith monkeys, your country is a big village so stop ivorian bashing, and stay whith your mentality in central africa
Foreign Affairs / Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by 9jam: 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: apart from arafat and beynaud something ca you give me somone else , i talk with fact oooo .abeg don't make me open a thread about that.. MUSICyou guys are far behind coupe decale saved your azz ..when Cmeoonians were singing ivoirians didn\t know what is a T.V
as for football it just lame and pathetic when did you trash us exactly? google is your friend if you don't watch football we own you abi. how come you lost against zambia? huh embarassed embarassed

and if ou read well my answer to onila i just say ivoirians aren't our rivals i never said we are still king so save your saliva, you aren't king either
You guy want cameroon in ecowas but look at the way you talk about west africans countries (ivory coast and nigeria), fortunately, it's just your dream but it will never be reality!! cameroon is central african country and will stay central african country, cameroonian in general and you in particular are too arrogant,i realize why gaboneses and equatorial guineans hate you!!!!
Foreign Affairs / Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by 9jam: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
why some cameroonians think they are west african?
what cameroonians think about nigeians, ivorians, ghanaians, ecowas
what about cameroonian music?, who is the best singer?
Fashion / Re: Mister Africa International London 2012 by 9jam: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
1)MISTER SOUTH AFRICA
2)MISTER TOGO

Fashion / Re: Mister Africa International London 2012 by 9jam: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
1)MISTER GHANA
2)MISTER GUINEA
3)MISTER NIGERIA
4)MISTER SIERRA LEONE

Fashion / Re: Mister Africa International London 2012 by 9jam: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
1)MISTER CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
2)MISTER IVORY COAST
3)MISTER GABON
4)MISTER GAMBIA

Fashion / Mister Africa International London 2012 by 9jam: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mister africa international london 2012, your predictions
1) MISTER BENIN REPUBLIC
2) MISTER BURKINA FASO
3) MISTER CAMEROON
4) MISTER CAPE VERDE

Politics / Ecowas Integration by 9jam: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
do you think ecowas should become a federal state integrating Cameroon
Culture / Re: Is It True That The Bete Of Ivory Coast Are Ijaw by 9jam: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
tpia@:
krus or krumen?
KRUMEN
Culture / Is It True That The Bete Of Ivory Coast Are Ijaw by 9jam: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
I learned that KRUS and Bete of Ivory Coast, Liberia, and Sierra Leone are following the Ijaw people, what do you know about that
Culture / Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by 9jam: 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2012
Sybellah:

Sisi j'suis Ivoirienne smiley. On dit quoi ca va?
c'est le rendez vous des ivoiriens lool
Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
God has blessed the nigeria

Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
good country, good people, good infrastructure!!!! God has blessed the nigeria

Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Atta boy!! You know good things.
foolish ghanaian, ghana=the country of institutionalized prostitution
Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2012
Travel / Re: Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria by 9jam: 3:06am On Jul 13, 2012
even my village is better than accra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.