Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,011 members, 7,859,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

9jam's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jam's Profile / 9jam's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

anytime bro kiss
and the love is shared, i love naija too smiley
next time, i ll be askin u questions about Naija cuz now gotta run grin
stay tuned wink and enjoy yo day
oh oh i don't know naija very well ooh because i didn't grow up in naija, i grew up between england and france
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

I have seen it online, i ll look again for the source and post it for u smiley

Senoufo and Mandinkas are not the same oo, Senoufo are Gur speaking, Mandinka are Northern Mandes
The Senoufo have been invaded by the Mandinka and many converted to islam. Today many senoufos have the same last names as mandinka, but to make the difference u should look at their 1st name. U see Yaya and Kolo toure for example, well Yaya is a muslim name, mandinkas use muslim or corrupted muslim 1st names, with mandinka last name. But Yaya Toure's 1st name is Gnegneri (Yaya is his muslim name), which is Senoufo, Kolo is also a senoufo name (his muslim name is Habib), and Toure is a Mandinka last name.
Some Senoufo kept their last names tho: Soro, Sekongo, Yeo, Kigbafori, Fologo,Gbon...
ok thanks @sybella for the informations, i love ur country and his culture so much

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah

yup maaaan for the Akan i am so confuseeed! Some sources say they were originally in CIV, migrated to Ghana, then some came back to CIV,
looking at it, except for the Baoule, i ain't even sure that the other migrated.
The Senoufo as well are originally from CIV and some migrated north to Mali and Burkina, their location were more in the south but they have been pushed back to the north by the Baoule migration as well. Also Kru from Lib claim to have migrated from CIV. And most CIV mandikas come from Guinea or Mali. With Burkina we share more the Lobi and Senoufo. There are mandinka in Burkina as well but i believe them too migrated from Mali.

The tchokosi are the descendant of Baoule/Agni and Mandinka. They are a mix of these 2 cultures. Their language sounds akan, but they are usually muslim. They are located in the north of Togo.
ok for the akan could u give me ur source it's very interesting to know that they are originally from civ and migrated to ghana, for the kru, yea they say they come from civ i will post here my source and please what is different between senoufou and mandinka they look very similar

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

yea i think u right cheesy i have never looked at it from this angle
this plus past migration explain it all, but there are CIV people as well that migrated to other countries like ghana and togo as well like the tchokosi for example smiley
ok i didn't know tchokosi people i will do some research about them, but i just know akan migration from ghana to and kru migration from civ to liberia and mande from mali and burkina faso to civ
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

The Gouro are one of the oldest pple in CIV, they are supposed to be south mande (but their similarities with some Bhete groups are important). They are located in the center between the Baoule (east), Bete (west), Mandinka (north). Before that they used to be in the east but were pushed back to the west when the Baoule migrated. They are well known for their mask and dances...
interesting

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

maybe, and the reverse is possible we dunno wink wink but i wish more study could be conducted on it tho, cuz i think at the core, many ethnic groups are the same, but separated through time due to quarrels and stuff
seriously i think looks in CIV overlaps with most countries in West Africa
yea because cote d'ivoire is geographically in the center of west africa

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

Yea i dun think the differences are that much except for the languages, it's west africa na smiley smiley
These are mostly Akan names, except for Kalou which is Gouro smiley
could u talk about gouro tribe please
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

Yea i dun think the differences are that much except for the languages, it's west africa na smiley smiley
These are mostly Akan names, except for Kalou which is Gouro smiley
yea we are the same!!!! but i think some ivorian tribe come from eastern part of nigeria, some people pic's u post here look like naija
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

Meleke I think is Guere (Khran in Lib), I know a few nigerian names, that we find in CIV as well, but there are not necessarily kru names: Adou (Adu), Adouba, Yagba, Agbo, Kalou...
wowww have a lot in common please what is the tribe of these names)

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

aa ok, yeaa they can be possibly related. If there are sources stating it, then there should be a link somewhere smiley
These are a few Kru names, can u tell if there are some close Ijaws name

Lago (means God in Bete)
Tape
Taiba (Taheeba)
Sery
Ibo
Meleke same in ijaw
Oula
Oulai (pronunced Oulahee)
Digbeu
Dalo
Pado
Atto attorney
Wledji
Djehi
Zadi
Ble
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

umh i c
Some look a bit close like Ibinagbo for example, we have Inabo, Ebipade we have Kpade, also Padre, and Ebiegberi, we have Gbery (so in these 3 names, for the Ijaws there is Ebi/Ibi at the beginning of the name) do you know if Ebi means something specific?
They say the Bete-Junkun are almost extinct, do you know some of the ethnic groups living in Taraba state?
sorry but yobo is ogoni name not igbo name
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

They say the Bete-Junkun are almost extinct, do you know some of the ethnic groups living in Taraba state?
oooh no, sorry i don't know taraba state very well

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

umh i c
Some look a bit close like Ibinagbo for example, we have Inabo, Ebipade we have Kpade, also Padre, and Ebiegberi, we have Gbery (so in these 3 names, for the Ijaws there is Ebi/Ibi at the beginning of the name) do you know if Ebi means something specific?
They say the Bete-Junkun are almost extinct, do you know the people living in Taraba state?
Ebi means god selected good, yea i can see some similarity with some ivorian bete name, i thinks also bete, kru and ijaw are the same (but the language is different)

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah: aa ok i c smiley
so some of the Ijaws have kru ancestry....can u please give out a few ijaw names so we can see how similar they are?
And how close are the bassa, bete-jukun and ijaws in Nigeria? They say the Bete-junkun come from Taraba state, i ve been wondering if they had any link to the Bete in CIV. Also, Ivo and I think the Baasa from lib are the same with the Bete, and that all Bassa located in different countries are related according to some sources. How well do u know the Bassa of Naija?
ok some ijaw names (Ibinagbo Erekeshima, Emaara,Ebisdor, ebipade, ebiegberi, ebieri) here in paris i know some bete men and they name is similar to igbo name (okou, we say oku and obou=obu and yobo) but i don't know the bete jukun and bassa undecided( we have lot of tribe in naija)

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

but these are recent admixture, we posted cuz they are of Bhete ancestry as well, they are mixed race across the continent
i thought u meant the kru were of euro-mixed background, and this is a nono tongue
loool i talk about the new generation of kru u post on this topic(especially bhete), it's the case for the orthers kru
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah: I have checked out the link, it aint workin
THE PRIMARY ANCESTORS OF THE IJOS ARE AS FOLLOWS

THE ANCESTOR UJO ALSO KNOWN AS IJO, UZON, IZON, IZONOWEI, KALASUO, ORU, INDO-ORU, OGULABIOWEI, IDEKOSEROAKE THE FIRST PERE (RULER) and collective ancestor of the whole ethnic nationality.

THE ANCESTOR ASAIN, Seer and priest, companion to FATHER UJO and founder of the aboriginal Ijo communities at Abo

THE ANCESTOR GBARAN, collective ancestor of GBARAN TOWN (APOI), GBARANMATU, AROGBO, TUOMO, KABO, KUMBO AND GBARAN CLANS & EFFURUN (URHOBO) OF WARRI.

The ancestor OPU-BENI, collective ancestor of MEIN, IBENI (BENI OR OYAKIRI), OBOTEBE AND KALABARI CLANS.

The ancestor OPU-OKUN, collective ancestor of the OPUKUMA CLAN.

The ancestor KALA-OKUN (ALIAS ALUKU-DOGO), collective ancestor of the KOLOKUMA, APOI, IBANI CLANS, AND SECTIONS OF NEMBE, TUNGBO, BUSENI AND OKORDIA CLANS.

The ancestor APOI, collective ancestor of the APOI, UKOMU AND AKASSA CLANS.

The ancestor TARA, collective ancestor of the TARAKIRI & ANDONI CLANS.

The ancestor OPU-OGBO, collective ancestor of the EKPETIAMA, SEIMBIRI, EPIE-ATTISSA CLANS AND SECTIONS OF WAKIRIKE (OKIRIKA) AND NKORO.

The ancestor KALA-OGBO (ALIAS OGURU), collective ancestor of the IDUWINI & EGBEMA CLANS.

The ancestor OPORO, collective ancestor of the OPOROMA, OPEREMO, BASAN, FURUPAGHA AND OGBE-IJO CLANS.

The ancestor OLODI (ALIAS IGEDIGBOLO), collective ancestor of the OLODIAMA CLANS AND SECTIONS OF NEMBE.

The ancestor OGULA, collective ancestor of the OGULAGHA CLAN.

The ancestor KURU, collective ancestor of the KRUS OF LIBERIA.

The ancestor OYAN, collective ancestor of the OGBO-OYAN (OGBIA) CLAN.

The ancestor BOMOU, collective ancestor of the BOMA CLAN.

The ancestor IBI (OBI), collective ancestor of the OGBOIN, WAKIRIKE CLANS & SECTIONS OF NEMBE.

The ancestor KENI-OPU-ALA, collective ancestor of the KE.

The ancestor ORU, collective ancestor of the KULA, BILLE ETC

1 Like

Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

[b]nononono the Ivorian Kru ain't mix with french, american, brazilian shocked shocked where did u see that abeg stop trollin grin
[/b]No, i talked about mixes, inter-ethnic mixes, but not euro mixes and I don't know if mixing happened as much with Kru groups, as it did with the Senoufo and the Baoule for example.
I have seen a few sources claiming that the Kru and Ijaws were originally the same, however i do not know seriously. A few sources claim different origins for them. I am going to check the website u provided, thanx kiss
For the pics will post more lib, gotta find the pics smiley
i see that here on this topic (serges gnabry, jonas zohore, jean loup blé etc...)

1 Like

Culture / Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

uumh there is no such Baoule cloth, cause the Baoule use kente as well. However in CIV, there is more variety in the design pattern of the cloth smiley
About the quality of the cloth, it's the same since it's the same technique they use to make it, however when considering the designs, i prefer ours cuz it's more varied from my observation smiley smiley
yea it's what i observed too, but Ivorians wear western cloth too much and not enough their tradional cloth cry
Culture / Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wooow, I didn't know that Ivorian Kru (bhete) are mix a lot with (french, american, brazilian, danish etc...) is it the case for others kru? is the Liberian kru wear tappa cloth too or it's specific to Ivorians kru? What about kru and ijaw ( i read somewhere on web, the kru are descent of ijaw, can u tell me if ivorians and kru especially know that? ), you can find some information about kru and ijaw on this website: http://ogbia.webs.com/theijawsorigin.htm
please could u post pic of more Liberian kru too see the difference with the Ivorian kru. Thanks
Culture / Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah and Ivorian225 what's the difference between kente cloth and baoule cloth? and what is more appreciate by ivorians? and who do the best quality of kente cloth (Ghana or Côte d'Ivoire)
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aha u r not the 1st person from who i heard that, i ve never been to Yamoussokro actually....but I ve been to san pedro, san perdro is very nice, and the beach is aweeesome, love it. I used to visit Bouake regularly as well before 2002, it was ok too
the beach in San Pedro just Wow, i never see that in Nigeria seriously and there many hotel and maquis in there, san pedro is ivorian cancun really but yamousoukro sorry, i didn't go to Bouake maybe the next time
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

aak ok, u mean the culture ain't that different ? or just generally speaking: environment, people attitude, activities, distractions...
culture and people attitude, the ivorians look like nigerian in their way of life plus there are many yoruba and hausa: some of this yoruba and hausa are ivorians or all of them come from nigeria
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:22am On Dec 26, 2012
I visited yamousoukro and san pedro , I prefer san pedro it's a little abidjan, a small city but beautifull, yamousoukro was boring
Culture / Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by 9jam: 2:15am On Dec 26, 2012
Sysy:

Yea cuz we learn it from middle to high school, many people in Babi know at least the basic.
I love Nigerians too, you are very friendly and welcoming...I am planing to pass by Lagos one of these days, really interested to learn more about your culture.
ok coool, naija is a great country, it's not very different to your country!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.