Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

9jasongs's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jasongs's Profile / 9jasongs's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Gaming / Get Your Sure Football Predictions Today by 9jasongs(f): 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Have you Heard of venasbet.com berefore, if not hurry up and login to the website.

Venasbet.com is a free football prediction website. Betting is a popular trend in the world of football. Although it could turn out to be a risky task football betting could be fun when you win more than you lose.

You can win more than you lose by following accurate prediction sites like venasbet.com

Visit http://venasbet.com for sure fooball predictions today.

we offer INVESTMENT TIPS, 2 ODDS, 3ODDS, 5ODDS 10 ODDS and 50 ODDS, we even offer free 2 Odds everyday. Visit http://venasbet.com and loose no more.

Sports / Tricks On How To Make Money From Betting As A Student by 9jasongs(f): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
This is literally a step-by-step, hold- your-hand kind of guide. There's lots of fragmented information out there on forums etc, which can often result in costly mistakes for novices. Below I outline exactly the steps I follow, using the practical example of one free bet with Coral. So long as you follow word for word, you can't go wrong. I strongly suggest reading through all the steps first before making any bets.

You can use www.venasbet.com free or paid prediction and get your money at venasbet.com from free prediction.

1. Sign up for Betfair.com Betfair is a betting exchange where you can 'lay' bets to cancel out your risk at the bookmakers. Unlike traditional bookmakers, Betfair is a place where you bet against other people. They sometimes even offer free bets for new customers too (if you're lucky). Register on Betfair.com Seeing blank pages? Turn off Ad Blocking plugins when matched betting!

You can use www.venasbet.com free or paid prediction and get your money at venasbet.com from free prediction.

2. Sign up for Coral.co.uk The best offer by far right now is with Coral who are offering £20 free bets on new sign ups when you bet just £5 (don't worry we'll be matching this too). So we'll be using this 'bookie' in this practical example. Always check the T&Cs of receiving free bet offers. There may be some restrictions on what you can bet on or an expiry date. They will also tell you whether or not the free bet is returned with winnings. In this example and generally speaking it is not, but we'll still be making a nice profit. During registration, you will be prompted to make a deposit. Choose one of the many payment types and deposit just £5 (needed to unlock the free bet). Register on Coral.co.uk

You can use www.venasbet.com free or paid prediction and get your money at venasbet.com free prediction.

3. Use decimal odds Once you've logged into Coral.co.uk , change your odds display from fractions to decimal for easy comparison with Betfair. You can do this from the link in the top menu across the site. This is essential!

4. Find & place your qualifying bet Ideally you want to find a sporting bet (I recommend football) which has the closest odds on both Coral.co.uk (the bet to back) and Betfair.com (the lay bet). Lay odds on Betfair are the red boxes, not the blue. If you cannot see any red boxes, you need to go to the exchange by clicking the top left link " Go to Exchange " or " Exchange ". For this free bet offer, Coral's terms state you must pick odds of 1.5 or greater. It's better to choose a bet with low odds for this step, between 1.5 and 4.0 if possible. See my example below then use the Oddsmatcher tool which does everything for you! My example I used the Oddsmatcher below which suggested a football match between Liverpool and Sevilla. So I put "Liverpool v Sevilla" in the search boxes on Coral and Betfair, then found the "Match Result" market on Coral and "Match Odds" on Betfair. I will back Liverpool to win at Coral.co.uk with odds of 2.25 and lay that same bet on Betfair.com with odds of 2.36. In my example bet, the difference is 0.11 which the Oddsmatcher calculated as giving me a small acceptable loss of 37p on this qualifying bet. Here are my betting slips on both websites for my qualifying bet: Oddsmatcher tool (Qualifying bet) Use the Oddsmatcher tool below. This will save you a LOT of time and maximise your overall profit. It fetches live odds from Coral and finds the equivalent lay odds on Betfair for thousands of upcoming football matches. The hardest part is also done for you, which is to calculate the best matches for your qualifying bet based on the closest possible odds and smallest loss. Feel free to switch between them and the steps and calculations will be updated (below the table). Just click the blue refresh icon to start and then follow the 4 steps. Click f Boo Last Subscribe 5. Claim your free bet In my Liverpool v Sevilla game, Sevilla won 3-1. So my profit of £4.87 (the "Backer's Stake" ended up in Betfair, which after commission is £4.63. Meanwhile I lost the £5 bet with Coral. The total amount between the accounts is therefore 37p, as calculated by the Oddsmatcher. As I have placed and seen through the £5 qualifying bet, I now have a £20 free bet! My Betfair account is up to £14.63 (my initial deposit of £10 + £4.63). So whatever the outcome, because you matched the bets, you have close to your initial deposits back between the 2 websites (minus the small loss we expected). The free bet of £20 will be credited to your Coral account.

6. Find & place a new bet We're basically going to repeat the process in step 4, but using the £20 free bet instead of the £5. The £20 free bet will usually be received as 4 x £5 free bets, so simply place them on the same event as separate bets. This time it's worth picking odds greater than 3.0 to maximise your profit, but just bear in mind that the higher they are the more you'll need to have in your Betfair account to lay it (see the "Liability" amount in the tool below). My example I used the next step of the Oddsmatcher (embedded below) which suggested a football match between Crystal Palace and Manchester United. The odds are above 3.0 and have only a 0.2 difference between the websites. You'll see below that I am backing a draw on Coral (3.5 odds) and then I'm laying that bet (for a draw not to happen) at Betfair (3.7 odds). On Betfair I already had £14.63 remaining from the first bet, so I deposited £23 to more than cover my calculated Liability (total £37.63). Here are my bet slips on both websites for my free bet (I placed 4 of the same bet on Coral since they split my £20 free bet into 4 x £5 bets): The Oddsmatcher below calculated that I'll make a clear profit of £13.01 , whatever happens. Nice Oddsmatcher tool (Free bet) Just click the blue refresh icon to start and then follow the 3 steps. Once again, feel free to switch between the matches in the table and the calculations will be updated. Cli B L

7. Withdraw the profit Whatever the outcome, you will now be in profit to the amount calculated in the Oddsmatcher. Now it's time to cash out! In my example of the Crystal Place v Man Utd game, the score ended in a draw at 1-1. This means my Coral £20 free bet won (because I backed a draw to happen) with a return of £50. Meanwhile I lost the £36.99 Liability on Betfair. So £50 (winnings) – £36.99 (liability) = £13.01. This is exactly the amount of profit calculated for me by the Oddsmatcher. My total profit from both matched bets, accounting for the 37p loss on my £5 qualifying bet, totals £12.64 . I spent just under 20 minutes on the whole process, giving me an hourly rate of £37.92 as I move onto the countless other free bets out there (best listed below). Beats stacking shelves… Or you can use www.venasbet.com free or paid prediction and get your money at venabet.com from free prediction Thanks for reading.
Celebrities / Lady Makes Soup For Her Cheating Boyfriend With His Best Friend’s Sperm (VIDEO) by 9jasongs(f): 2:17pm On May 21, 2020
The dirty thing she did was discovered by a lady who had a chat with Nigerian comedian and star, Chief Obi during his #KeepingASecretWithChiefObi live Instagram talk.

Narrating the plot, the lady said she figured out that her husband was cheating on her, and she wanted to trick him back with one of his good friends to take vengeance.

She offered him an oral job after having intercourse with her boyfriend’s mate, and m..........Continue reading @

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/lady-makes-soup-for-her-cheating-boyfriend/
Health / Coronavirus Confirmed Cases Reached 5 Million Worldwide by 9jasongs(f): 1:34pm On May 21, 2020
According to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide has crossed 5 million.

As of Thursday morning, 5,100,895 reports have been reported, 329,895 people have died, while 2,033,488 patients have been recorded worldwide.

United States remains the country most affected by the pandemic, with over 1.5 million cases and at least 93,400 deaths.
Russia, and the other two countries with the highest number of....Read more @

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/coronavirus-confirmed-worldwide/

Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari Approves New Appointment by 9jasongs(f): 11:15am On May 19, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari accepted the selection of Kashim Ibrahim-Imam as Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Trust Fund for Tertiary Education (TETFUND).

This was confirmed yesterday in a letter signed by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu.

The letter noted that Ibrahim-Imam’s appointment takes effect from May 14, 2020 and runs for four years, after which it would be reviewed.

“I write to convey to you the approval of His Execellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, of your appointment as Chairman of the...Read more @

SOURCE : https://9jasongs.com/president-muhammadu-buhari-approves-new-appointment/

Politics / Madagascar Demanding Nigeria To Pay N78.2m For COVID-19 Herbal Cure by 9jasongs(f): 11:21am On May 18, 2020
Reportedly, the Republic of Madagascar has demanded Nigeria to pay €170,000 (N78.2 m) for the COVID-19 herbal supplement sent to the country.

This was made clear in a recent publication by The Nation, when the media outlet reported that Madagascar was sending an invoice to Nigeria because the medication is not to be made available for free.

“For our consignments in Guinea Bissau, Madagascar has asked Nigeria to pay over €170,000. We have received the invoice because the African country has made us to realise that the drugs are not being given out free.

“We are being asked to pay for the drugs yet to be validated. Since the AU directed the supply of the drugs to African countries, we may have no choice than to pay for it.

This payment may, however, be one-off because mass importation of the drugs from Madagascar will not be cost effective. By the time we take into account the cost of freight, the amount will be too high.”
READ MORE:

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/madagascar-demanding-nigeria-to-pay-n78-2m-for-covid-19-herbal-cure/

Politics / 36 State Governors' Message To Gambari, Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff by 9jasongs(f): 2:11pm On May 17, 2020
Governors assure Buhari’s CoS of support

The nation’s 36 Governors have assured the newly appointed Chief of Staff (CoS) to President Muhmmadu Buhari, Prof Ibrahim Gambari of their support and cooperation.

The Governors, in a congratulatory message, written on their behalf by the Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Kayode Fayemi, of Ekiti State, expressed delight about the choice of Gambari as the new CoS.

Its reads: “On behalf of the 36 democratically elected State Governors of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (FGN), under the platform of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), I write to congratulate you and to express our deep joy on your appointment to the exalted office of the Chief of Staff to our President, General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR.

“As you know, this appointment comes with great responsibilities and unconventional demands requiring candour, discipline, professionalism, loyalty, focus, diligence and the highest level of service.

“Your credentials, pedigree, experience and career trajectory both locally and globally speak to your capacity. As Governors, we are excited about this appointment.

“We are available at the sub-national level to work with you as you strive to make a positive difference in our country even more so now with the exacerbation of our circumstances precipitated by the volatility of oil prices and the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We wish you God’s guidance and the best of luck in this very important and challenging assignment. Please accept the assurances of our highest regards.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/governors-assure-buharis-cos-of-support/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Wizkid’s First Babymama Warns Lady’s To Leave Wizkid Alone ( See Video) by 9jasongs(f): 1:42pm On May 17, 2020
Wizkid’s first babymama, Shola Ogudu warn fans on social media to stop trolling Wizkid.

This is coming a few months after the singer was called by Shola due to various his carefree attitude toward their son, Boluwatife.

Shola pled with her fans over a live session on IG to avoid transmitting hatred to Wizkid and leave him alone.

According to Shola, the singer hates stress and noise.

She said:

“You all should leave Wizkid alone o. Leave out Starboy for us. He doesn’t like stress, he doesn’t like noise. Leave him. Don’t stress our Starboy”.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/shola-ogudu-wizkids-first-babymama-warns-ladys-to-leave-wizkid-alone-see-video/

Celebrities / Tiwa Savage Says She Might Go Totally Naked In Next Video by 9jasongs(f): 11:15am On May 17, 2020
Nigerian singer and songwriter, Tiwa Savage has reported that in her next music video she would have to go nude to set new records.

The 40-year-old singer made the announcement about what to expect from her upcoming album entitled ‘Celia’ when talking to BBC.

Tiwa Savage said:

“I might just have to go butt naked in my next video because I don’t know what else I’m going to have to do to top that one!.”

“And, just to put it out there, this was done in Nigeria. All the cast is Nigerian, the director, the AP, everybody is Nigerian.

“I love the fact that I could present this to the label and say this was done in Africa by Africans, this is what we can do. Imagine when you invest in us even more, you would get amazing work.”

Speaking of the forthcoming song, Tiwa Savage said the album encapsulates a whole mixture of the feelings that an African woman is going through.

“We’re going through this pandemic, so the idea was I want to let them know that I’m still a boss, that I’m still beautiful, that I’m still African.

“People have been really really creative with it which is amazing. The album is a whole mix of the emotions an African woman goes through: love, aspiration, being bossy, being sexy, being vulnerable.

“All of that is what I think the modern African woman is, and that’s what I wanted to portray. It’s really touched my heart to see that people are having a hard time during this. I mean we’re blessed to be at home, we have light, we can pile up food for months if we want to.

“But there are some people who can’t, people who only have money for today or food for today. So this pandemic has really opened my heart to the real situation of where the world is right now.”

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/tiwa-savage-says-she-might-go-totally-naked-in-next-video/

Politics / Ondo PDP Invites EFCC To Investigate Governor Akeredolu On N4.3 Billion by 9jasongs(f): 10:21am On May 16, 2020
The Ondo State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) has invited the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to examine Zenith Bank and the administration headed by Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on why it refused to reveal but invested N4.3 billion it found in a hidden bank account.

A statement signed by PDP’s Media and Publicity Director Zadok Akintoye stated that the independent investigation of the party confirmed that the All Progressives Congress-led state government had everything to conceal from the money discovered in the Zenith Bank account.

PDP alleged that if the lawmakers in the state House of Assembly had not raised questions on the money, the Governor Akeredolu-led administration would not have disclosed it discovered and withdrew the money.

“Investigation by our party has shown that the Akeredolu-led ODSG is being economical with the truth and has violated the law with its intentions not to disclose the receipt of such funds until it was recently probed by the Ondo State House of Assembly.

“For the records, the Honorable Commissioner for Information lied when he alleged that the ODSG discovered the funds hidden in an account with the bank.

“The domiciled funds which was deposited in a call account was disclosed to the Akeredolu-led government which consequently took over the bank account. What is however worrisome is that the Ondo State government never disclosed the said funds as part of the funds handed over to it as part of the assets its inherited.

“We must therefore ask how this fund was accounted for or captured in the records of government. If the funds were captured as revenue earned within that period, it will be criminal and illegal and an attempt to defraud the state, as such funds (if captured as part of IGR) would attract a commission payable to the tax consultants of the state. This is illegal and a criminal breach of trust on the part of the Akeredolu-led government.”

Thus PDP raised questions such as “What was the initial amount deposited on behalf of the ODSG into that call account? Who was liable, on behalf of the ODSG, for handling the account? Why had the report not been revealed before the ODHA inquiry?

“How was the fund spent? Were the projects allegedly executed with the funds catered for in the 2020 Appropriation Bill? If yes, how did the government account for the earnings from this account?

“Was there an attempt by the immediate past government to conceal the account as inferred in the mischievous use of words in the statement credited to the ODSG? If the funds had allegedly been saved for over 10 years, would it not be right to assume that there is an accrued interest to the credit of the state?

Having calculated the expected interest that should have accrued to the N4.3 billion in 10 years at 15 percent interest rate, PDP asked for the whereabouts of the 10.7billion accrued interest/earnings on the fund.

PDP, therefore, said: “It has become very important that the APC-led Ondo State Government be investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over its lack of disclosure on the alleged N4.3B “discovered” to have been kept in a Zenith Bank account.”

The issue of the N4.3 billion found by the governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu-led administration in a hidden account came to light when the State House of Assembly invited the state accountant general, Olaolu Akinkuolie, and the finance commissioner, Wale Akinterinwa, to justify how the money was being spent.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/ondo-pdp-invites-efcc-to-investigate-governor-akeredolu-on-illegal-savings-of-n4-3-billion/

Crime / Man Arrested For Up Beating His Wife (see Photos) by 9jasongs(f): 7:57am On May 16, 2020
An Igbosere Magistrates' Court granted bail to a man named as Sulaiman Maiyegun, alias Afobaje, who was arrested for beating his wife and posting her on Facebook.

Maiyegun was arraigned on a two-count assault charge which caused injury and offensive report.

In her ruling, Magistrate Folake Oshin granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties who must be a cleric and a family member to the defendant, NAN reports.

Maiyegun had posted to his Facebook page on May 5, "I beat my wife and I'm waiting for her police because I've been talking to a friend." The statement was attached to numerous photos of the battered woman, known as Mariam Gabriel, with blood oozing from her head.

Maiyegun’s action attracted condemnation from many Nigerians on social media.

One of his friends, Dabio Michael, wrote,

“How I wish you knew the way she loves you. You wouldn’t have beaten her this way. Sule, come back to your senses. What you did was bad and as a friend, I will tell you the truth. Go and apologise to her and delete this rubbish (post) from social media.”

Another friend, Ahmed Abdulahi, wrote, “This is too bad, Sule.”

Also, Bukola Ayinde wrote,

“Why did you do this, Sule? This is unfair. You shouldn’t have done this to your wife. Delete these pictures from social media and beg her.” Also, Michael Williams wrote, “You are my friend but it’s obvious you can’t change.”

The viral offensive post gained traction online, and the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Harassment Response Team became informed of it, calling out to the Commander, Area J Police Command, ACP Gbolahan Odugbemi, and catching the offender on Thursday.

At his arraignment before the Igbosere Magistrates’ Court on Friday, Maiyegun pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of assault occasioning harm and offensive publication.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the prosecutor, SP Shinaolu Adeoye, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on May 5 at 12:13pm at Maiyegun town, Jakande Estate, Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State.

The prosecutor said the defendant unlawfully assaulted his wife, the complainant, by beating her with his fist on her forehead.

“The defendant injured the victim on her forehead and posted an inciting and provoking publication about the incident on his Facebook page,” Adeoye said.
SEE PHOTOS:

https://9jasongs.com/man-arrested-for-up-beating-his-wife-see-photos/

Celebrities / INABOSKII!!! Pastor Odumeje Reveals Source Of His Money And Power (watch Video) by 9jasongs(f): 12:02pm On May 14, 2020
A video on social media that is currently trending depicts the moment Pastor Odumeje was asked to reveal the source of his power to perform miracles and have money.

Odumeje, who is also referred to as the Lion himself, the Indaboski, or the Liquid Metal, said in the video that if you serve a true living God, He will give he or she money.

In a attempt to fill their wallets, the preacher even mocked those who challenged their church members for the tithe when he remembered that God is a generous God, and he made Solomon rich.

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/5856844/pastor-odumeje-reveals-source-power

Events / Shocking Moment As Corpse Wave Inside Coffin (see Video) by 9jasongs(f): 10:09pm On May 13, 2020
Many users on social media have been looking for clarification about what exactly occurred in the popular video already.

The strange incident was filmed on May 5, 2020 in the city of Manado in North Sulawesi, Indonesia, by one of the mourners during a Christian burial ceremony.

In the shocking video, a hand and fingers could be seen moving under the glass panel in the casket, as a priest read prayers with the devastated family of the deceased gathered around.

In the viral video, the priest is heard saying:

‘God has said in the book of John. I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me he will live even though he is dead.’

Some social media users are worried that there is a chance the deceased was buried alive, while some suggested that it could have been a mouse moving in the coffin.

It could have been the corpse moving though, as a study reported in Medical News Today in September 2019 found that human bodies can move on their own after death.

Researchers from Central Queensland University in Rockhampton, Australia who were studying the decomposition process found that human remains can change their position without any external 'assistance.'

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/shocking-moment-as-corpse-wave-inside-coffin-see-video/

Celebrities / Mr P Battles With Fan Who Got Scammed When Playing Zoom by 9jasongs(f): 4:04pm On May 13, 2020
Mr. P of the deceased P-Square group confronted a fan who wanted to keep him responsible after he was scammed trying to play Mr. P’s lottery game, Zoom.

A Fan sent Mr. P a series of messaging screenshots between him and a Mr. P impersonator who scammed the Twenty thousand Naira fan.

The fan requested Mr p to send his money back. Mr P responded by scolding the fan for being unwise and engaging with an impersonator while realizing that all of his Official social media pages are being verified.

He also said the fan shouldn’t hold him liable and it costs just 500 Naira and not 30,000 Naira to play zoom.

Mr. P has recently taken a short break to start his own lottery company which he called Zoom and tweets daily videos of him informing lucky winners.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/mr-p-battles-with-fan-who-got-scammed-when-playing-zoom/

Politics / See What Ondo Governor Akeredolu Did For Boy Who Painted His Portrait by 9jasongs(f): 11:25am On May 13, 2020
The Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu finally found the young artist who painted a portrait of him.

Adefeniku imole, a young boy from Greater Tomorrow Secondary School, Okitipupa, an SSS 2 pupil, said he drew the governor out of the love he has for his brother. He said that maybe he had always dreamt about meeting the chancellor.

Receiving the Art work at the Government house, Alagbaka, Akure, Governor Akeredolu thanked the young Imole, while urging him to continue to pursue his dreams.

Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, or Rotimi Akeredolu, (born 21 July 1956) is a Nigerian politician and lawyer who is also the Governor of Ondo State, Nigeria and also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) who became president of the Nigerian Bar Association in 2008.

Akeredolu was also a Managing Partner at the Law Firm of Olujinmi & Akeredolu, a Law Firm he co-founded with Chief Akin Olujinmi, a former Attorney General and Minister for Justice in Nigeria.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/see-what-ondo-governor-akeredolu-did-for-boy-who-painted-his-portrait/

Politics / President Buhari’s N850 Billion Loan Has Been Approves By House Of Reps by 9jasongs(f): 9:32am On May 13, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari's request to borrow N850bn to fund the 2020 Budget was accepted by the House of Representatives.

In the midst of controversy the Senate had recently okayed the borrowing project.

However, the House of Representative approved it in the plenary session on Tuesday within just seven minutes.

SOURCE: http://9jasongs.com/president-buharis-n850-billion-loan-has-been-approves-by-house-of-reps/

Crime / Prostitute Pushed Man To Death From Brothel Window (watch Video) by 9jasongs(f): 8:35am On May 13, 2020
A prostitute and her colleagues were arrested by Ghana Police after she allegedly pushed a man out of her room window during an argument.

The man, who is thought to be in his 30s, fell from a window of the Anidaso Hotel, where he had enjoyed the services of one of the prostitutes, reports Pulse Gh.

He died instantly as he fall.

The police say the s*x worker had screamed after the deceased allegedly struggled with her in the hotel room, which attracted some of her colleagues to the room.

The Asokwa District Police Chief, Superintendent Christopher Owusu Mpianin, said they are examining the matter to decide if the s*x worker moved the rickshaw driver to his death or he jumped out of the window to commit suicide.

Watch Video Below:-

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/prostitute-pushed-man-to-death-from-brothel-window-video/

Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari Accepts Coronavirus Cure From Madagascar by 9jasongs(f): 8:22pm On May 11, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the production of the cure for coronavirus from Madagascar.

Federation government secretary Boss Mustapha, who made this clear during the Task Force’s regular briefing on Monday, said Buhari had instructed the presidential task force on COVID-19 to pick up the medication that was sent to Nigeria.

9jasongs.com reported the the drug named ‘COVID Organics’ was stated to be used for the prevention and cure of disease.

It was gathered that the consignment coming to Nigeria has been dispatched to Equatorial Guinea from where it will be shipped to Abuja.

Speaking on Monday, Mustapha said Madagascar donated some of the products to Nigeria through Guinea-Bissau and arrangements were being made to pick them up.

He, however, stated that Buhari has ordered that the products be subjected to validation process after they have been picked up.

SEE PHOTOS: https://9jasongs.com/buhari-issues-directive-on-covid-19-cure-from-madagascar/

Sports / Serie A Players Are Ready To Resume Training by 9jasongs(f): 11:01pm On May 02, 2020
Players come from various Italian football clubs were on plan to resume individual training as the Mediterranean nation was planning to scale back the lockdown of coronavirus gradually.

The Italian government has been feuding for weeks with individual regions about which activities will be allowed when the nation begins to emerge from an economically crippling lockdown on Monday.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte is lifting Italians’ stay-at-home orders and permitting restaurants to resume takeout service next week.

But Conte has delayed announcing a restart to the Serie A season for fear of another spike in contagions for a disease that has officially killed 28,710 in Italy – second only to the United States.

Conte is only allowing clubs to resume team training on May 18.

Several regions that have avoided the worst of the outbreak say they will use a loophole to individual players to start training on Monday.

The voluntary sessions will affect teams such as Napoli in the south and the central Emilia-Romagna region’s Bologna and Parma.

Rome’s Lazio have also voiced plans to resume individual training at their sport centre.

But rules published by Sassuolo made clear that none of their coaches or other staff will be involved in the sessions.

Up to six players on an open pitch at a time will be allowed and they will be barred from using the changing rooms to minimise the threat of contagion.

Serie A clubs unanimously voted on Friday to finish the 2019-20 season — suspended since March 9 with Juventus leading Lazio by a point.

But Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora noted this week the chances of a restart were “increasingly narrow”.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/serie-a-players-are-ready-to-resume-training/

Sports / Napoli Set To Start Training On Monday by 9jasongs(f): 8:45pm On May 01, 2020
Napoli could start training on Monday after Vincenzo De Luca, chief of Campania, confirmed he was 'in favour' of arrangements for the club.

Campania is one of the regions least hit by a coronavirus, accounting for just 354 of Italy’s deaths, and De Luca is happy for its biggest club to get back to work imminently.

“I talked to the Napoli President about the resumption of team training,” he explained during a press conference this afternoon.

“His proposal seems absolutely reasonable to me and I’m in favour, under these conditions.”

Napoli's plan requires three training pitches, which guarantees to space between teams, individual showers and two assessments every week for each participating employee.

Parma have also been given permission to resume training on May 4, but they have already announced they will wait until there is a joint agreement between clubs and authorities.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/napoli-set-to-start-training-on-monday/

Politics / Breaking: Access Bank Cuts Salaries Of Staffs As Coronavirus Slows Economy by 9jasongs(f): 10:33am On May 01, 2020
Access Bank Plc workers, one of Nigeria's largest commercial banks, will be taking a pay reduction while the coronavirus hinders the country's economic development.

Access which presently has a workforce of about 30, 000 after it took over rival Diamond Bank in April last year had assured staff that it would not cut workforce.

“The pay cut will ensure that there are no job losses,” a senior official of the bank who asked to be anonymous told newsmen.

Several top companies in Nigeria and globally are either sacking, furloughing staff or slashing salaries to keep costs down as the coronavirus pandemic disrupts global trade and commerce.

Herbert Wigwe, the bank’s CEO in a podcast to staff seen by newsmen, said the adjustments are needed at this time and that he would take a pay cut of about 40%.

The pay cut is expected to begin with May salaries if economic conditions remain the same, the official added.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/access-bank-cuts-salaries-of-staffs-as-coronavirus-slows-economy/

Politics / Nigeria Promises $3.4 Billion For Prudent Use Of IMF Loan by 9jasongs(f): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Federal Government is promising it will allow "judicious use" of the newly accepted $3.4 billion loan offer from the International Monetary Fund.

Finance, Budget and National Planning Minister Zainab Ahmed reported this on Twitter Thursday.

The minister on Thursday assured that every kobo from the facility would be accounted for while commending the support of the global financial institution.

She noted that the facility would provide financing to Nigeria’s budget, especially on health response in the ongoing fight against coronavirus.

She said, “We appreciate the IMF for its timely response meant to assist us to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our human population. Nigeria will certainly make judicious use and prudent management of the facility.

“These are trying times and every line item must count from this IMF facility. We will also continue to welcome and commend the Fund for its strong, and forward-looking commitment to support developing countries’ efforts to restart their economies.

“The IMF financial support will help limit the decline in international reserves and provide financing to the budget for targeted and temporary spending increases aimed at containing and mitigating the economic impact of the pandemic and of the sharp fall in international oil prices.

“The short-term focus on fiscal accommodation would allow for higher health spending and help alleviate the impact of the crisis on households and businesses.”

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Wednesday night, the country has recorded 1728 COVID-19 infections with over 50 fatalities in almost all its 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/nigeria-promises-3-4-billion-for-prudent-use-of-imf-loan/

Crime / BREAKING: A Man Found Dead With His Pregnant Wife And Three Daughters In Enugu by 9jasongs(f): 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Enugu State Police Command has started investigating the death of five members of a family on the borders of Enugu metropolis in Enugu state.

The sixth member of the family, a boy, was however found in coma and had been rushed to a hospital

The command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, said this in a statement made available to newsmen on Thursday in Enugu.

Ndukwe said that the incident took place at City Estate Layout, Amokpo-Nike near Enugu on Wednesday, April 29, in the morning.

“The command’s knowledge of the unfortunate development followed a complaint received on April 29 at about 2.00 p.m. at Unity Police Station of a sudden and unnatural death of a family of six at City Estate Layout, Amokpo-Nike, Enugu.

“The operatives of the station, led by its Divisional Police Officer, SP Siga Malgwi, immediately moved to the location where they saw them lying lifeless in a room.

“The building was cordoned off, while Enugu East Local Government Health Authorities were contacted for examination and evacuation of the bodies.

“However, in the course of disinfecting the building before the evacuation, the only son of the family, Arinze Onyekwe, was found to be in coma.

“Arinze was immediately rushed to the hospital where he is said to be recovering,” he said.

According to him, corpses of five members of the family have been evacuated to the hospital for autopsy.

“Other members of the family whose bodies have been evacuated to the hospital for medical autopsy included: Dominic Onyekwe, husband; Chinaza Onyekwe, wife, who is suspected to be pregnant; Chioma, Oluebube and Blessing their daughters,” he said.

The police spokesman said that the commissioner of police had ordered investigation to ascertain the cause of their death.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/a-man-found-dead-with-his-pregnant-wife-and-three-daughters/

Sports / La Liga Ready For Individual Training Return On 4th May by 9jasongs(f): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2020
Professional athletes from Spain like players from La Liga will resume basic training from May 4, the government of the country stated on Tuesday.

The Spanish top-flight has been on hold since March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said that the action was the first move to lift lockout steps that would take effect over two months in four stages.

“The first phase, or phase 0, is the preparation to transition phase or the de-escalation phase, which we are already in,” Sanchez said.

“In the best-case scenario, this de-escalation phase will take a minimum of six weeks and the maximum duration we want to see is eight weeks for the whole of Spain,” he added.

Only later in later stages of the process will full sessions be able to take place.

The announcement allows the league’s clubs to restart individual sessions with their squad members, a protocol agreed upon by La Liga and the Spanish Football Federation earlier this month.

According to local reports, players will have to undergo COVID-19 screening tests before returning to training.

They will have to arrive at their club’s facilities already in the kit, with gloves and masks, and only a maximum of six players can be on the pitch at the same time.

COVID-19 has claimed nearly 24,000 lives in the country, behind the United States and Italy in mortality rates from the virus.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/la-liga-ready-for-individual-training-return-on-4th-may/

Politics / Akwa Ibom: Lockdown Continues Indefinitely by 9jasongs(f): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2020
The Government of Akwa Ibom State has declared its decision to continue indefinitely enforcing the Quarantine and Restriction of Movement Order 2020.

The state's lockdown began on March 30th, 2020 and was supposed to end on Today April 30 making it one month.

However, the Secretary to the State Government and Chairman, COVID-19 Management Committee. Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, in a 9th COVID-19 update held on Wednesday at Government House, Uyo, said the state government was constrained to continue the enforcement of lockdown regulations at the moment due to the threat of the virus.

Ekuwem said the state government acknowledged the hardship experienced by people as a result of the lockdown noting that the extension was for the wellbeing and safety of the people.

According to the Chairman, “In as much as we identify with the hardship being experienced by our people, we must also acknowledge that the threat of the coronavirus is still with us hence we are constrained to continue the enforcement of lockdown regulations.”

He also announced that state government had set up a post economic reconstruction committee to recommend implementable strategies that would help to revive the state’s economy and urged all citizens and residents to join hands in the fight against COVID-19.

“We have also set up a post economic reconstruction Committee to recommend implementable strategies that would help jump-start the economy of our state.

Ekuwem said: “We enjoin all citizens and residents to join hands in our fight against COVID-19. It’s not time for the pursuit of selfish interests to the detriment of our collective interest as a people”.

SOURCE: https://9jasongs.com/akwa-ibom-lockdown-continues-indefinitely/

Sports / Liverpool Taking Proper Decision On Victor Osimhen’s Contract by 9jasongs(f): 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
Holders of the UEFA Champions League, Liverpool are actively engaged in the signing Victor Osimhen, Lille striker.

Liverpool has now announced discussions with the representatives of Osimhen, in a attempt to attract the Nigerian international to Anfield, according to Le10sport.

The French newspaper reports that the Premier League leaders are laying the foundations for an opening contract proposal that could see Osimhen join the Reds this summer.

Liverpool will have to battle Chelsea and Manchester United for Osimhen’s signature.

Osimhen’s contract with Lille will expire at the end of the 2023-2024 season.

The 21-year-old is expected to cost around £70million.

https://9jasongs.com/liverpool-taking-proper-decision-on-victor-osimhens-contract/

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.