Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,454 members, 7,954,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

00Godwin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 00Godwin's Profile / 00Godwin's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Religion / Born Again? by 00Godwin: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
What exactly do we mean by "being a born again?" Does it mean never doing wrong? If it does not mean never doing wrong (for it is impossible for a man with morality), but always reflecting to God for forgiveness over sins intentional and unintentional, then it seem, to me we are all born again. There is no special thing about it. Hence, Jesus need not say we have to be born again because we already are. However, I need clarification on what the expression "being a born again."
Religion / Re: Your Beliefs by 00Godwin: 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
I do believe we as atheists will not agree with the idea that it is a miracle that what I said above came into existence or always existed. I think every religionist might agree otherwise, but since it takes a miracle worker to work a miracle and to them God is the miracle worker for the big bang, the question is who is that of God?
Religion / Re: Your Beliefs by 00Godwin: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Budaatum, I wouldn't ask if someone had not asked me so. Besides, I'm an atheist too. I put the questions as though I'm the one who asked me.

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: Your Beliefs by 00Godwin: 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2019
budaatum:

Hold on! Big bang explosion? God? "Nothing comes from nothing"?

Sounds like you are asking us to argue about your beliefs, to me. Or has anyone told you they believe any of those things you listed?

I wouldn't ask if someone has not told me so. Besides, I'm an atheist too. I put the questions as though I'm the one who asked me.
Religion / Re: Your Beliefs by 00Godwin: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ok, let's move a little further. Don't you think it's a miracle that the big bang explosion happened uncaused? And also a miracle that God exists without a begining? It is believed, "Nothing comes from nothing."
Religion / Your Beliefs by 00Godwin: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Please, I need an answer as regarding the following question, which is mainly for atheists:
Do you as an atheist belief women are to be reproductive? That is, are they supposed to bear children?
Religion / Re: Why Has God Created Good And Evil At The Same Time? by 00Godwin: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
Hello.

I am not sure what your own attitude to these matters is but I will try to answer without prejudice.

Because of your allusion to the Garden of Eden and to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, I assume that you are interrogating the Bible on this. I am a Christian, a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, so I will answer you as one who believes the Bible in toto.

First of all, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was not evil at all. God never creates evil. He always creates perfection. And the tree was also good. The only evil was man's disobedience in eating it contrary to God's explicit command that he shouldn't.

That tree is why the human race still exists today in spite of the corruption of our bodies with sin. It provided the human race with an expanded conscience which is an ability to identify good and evil in Satan's very complex system of moral pitfalls that he wove to ensnare as many of Adam's descendants as possible.

While Adam and Eve lived in the Garden, they did not need an expanded conscience because they were created holy like the angels earlier. But possession of a free will always means that the possessor can change their moral leaning. And man changed from being holy to being sinful when he decided to disobey God and eat the fruit. But, as I said, eating the fruit still provided us with a conscience that has helped the human race survive without destroying itself in thousands of years now.

Why did God create the tree at all? Because God wanted man to make a choice about Him. He did not want man to serve Him by force or default. That is, man had to both be free to choose whether to love God and submit to Him or not and to have the opportunity to choose not to love Him and submit to Him if he decided that he didn't want to. Without the tree in the Garden, man may have had free will but no opportunity to exercise it. But we had the tree and Adam made the choice.

So, God did not do anything wrong to us in that instance.

Since Adam made that choice, God sent the Lord Jesus Christ to give all of humanity a way back to Him. That is consistent with all His earlier good acts of mercy and love toward us. If anyone believes in the Lord Jesus, then their sins are no longer counted against them and they are saved and if they continue to believe until they leave this world, they will spend eternity with the Lord God and all of His Family.

That, to me, is the best news ever. I hope you find it to be the same for you as well.
Religion / Re: Why Has God Created Good And Evil At The Same Time? by 00Godwin: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2019
BuddhaPalm:
Polarity I guess.

Without opposites, there won’t be a frame of reference.

If there’s only one state, then God will be bored.

Up-down, good-bad, happy-sad, positive-negative, alive-dead...

Boom!

Drama.

If there’s just one state, then the earth might as well be formless, dark and void.

So are you saying just for God to appease his boredom (though I even wonder how his Aseity fits in your own interpretation) he decided to make the "up-down, good-bad... Irrespective of how many will lose their souls?
Religion / Re: Atheism Is The Height Of Stupidity by 00Godwin: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chidany:

YOU ARE STILL ASKING THOSE QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU HAVE REFUSED TO READ AND STUDY YOUR BIBLE...

Those questions are not new. They are usually questions from those ignorant of Bible/spiritual information... Nevertheless, I will give you some answers but first let me correct a wrong assumption... You said "Btw those examples you gave could have easily predicted by anyone". NO! NOBODY ELSE APART FROM JESUS AND THE BIBLE MADE THOSE ACCURATE PREDICTIONS! WHY? BECAUSE IT WASN'T EASY! MOHAMMED DIDN'T. NO OTHER HOLY BOOK HAS BEEN ACCURATE AND CORRECT IN PREDICTING HISTORY AS THE BIBLE...IF IT IS EASY, WHERE ARE YOUR OWN PREDICTIONS OF WORLD HISTORY?

Now, concerning God. You need to understand that he is not in your class... He is a being that knows no impossibility... He is infinitely good but bound by his covenant... He has revealed himself through his Son Jesus Christ... But that does not mean he cannot reveal himself through a woman...You have not even fully understood yourself, and you think you can fully understand your maker?

Uhmm... We are still waiting for the answers to the above questions. And since you have understood yourself, I'm certain you have (at least) understood your maker.
And don't even bring Jesus. For I would have to ask Jesus of which Christian denomination? This is when you really see the stupidity of religion. Logic is one and it therefore implies one conclusion. Jesus is one, but which one?
As I have said, we are all listening for your answers to the above questions.

Religion / Re: My Unbeatable Prophecy For All Nairalanders in 2019 by 00Godwin: 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
jesusjnr:
If there is another kind of prophecy you seek, well you are in the wrong place, because I can't lie and say something which God had not commanded to say, but I can prophesy about things that are bound to happen, when people think the otherwise.

Such as "the wicked shall not see God", now can I get an amen from you? Thought so.

First, the thing is I do not believe in prophecies. Second, I don't think 1+1=2 is a prophecy. We all know the answer to that math. No one needs a divine inspiration to know that. Thirdly, I can only say "Amen" if I believe the one who answers it exists ----unfortunately, I don't. And the kind of prophecy I think you are talking about is of the first definition in your phone's dictionary, or am I wrong?
Religion / Re: My Unbeatable Prophecy For All Nairalanders in 2019 by 00Godwin: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
jesusjnr:
Any nairalander that doesn't change, shall remain the same in the new year!

And the whole nairalanders shall say, AMEN!!!!!!!!

And how is that a prophecy? When you are done checking the semantic meaning of "prophecy" come back and say something reasonable (no offence)... Not that I believe in prophecies.
Religion / Re: My Unbeatable Prophecy For All Nairalanders in 2019 by 00Godwin: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
jesusjnr:
Any nairalander that doesn't change, shall remain the same in the new year!

And the whole nairalanders shall say, AMEN!!!!!!!!

And how is that a prophecy? When you are done checking the semantic meaning of "prophecy" come back and say something reasonable (no offence)... Not that ui believe in prophecies.
Religion / Re: A Righteous Christian Is Better Than A Righteous Atheist/pagan by 00Godwin: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
jesusjnr:
The difference is God

How exactly is God the difference? Is there some kind of righteousness that we don't know about? ---one that is more than abstaining from evil?

If the righteousness of God makes the difference, how comes you get thrown to hell which is a place for people like atheists? You get the same meat.

Let us grant than God exists, how exactly does he give/help you (with) his kind of righteousness, and what is the benefit if you lack the kind of yours?

As a christian then, I at least know that God does no more than whispering to your ears. The rest is up to you. Only those who are not learned claim that a lie is a lie because God say it is.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.