Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,289 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget (779 Views)

‘blame Jonathan’: The Only Policy The Buhari Government Has Implemented / NECO Releases 2015 Results As 68.56% Of Candidates Got More Than Five Credits / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by MurphyT1: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2012
Presidency has implemented 56% of the budget, and released the sum of 324billion out of N4.69trillion.

“I think the point is that Mr. President is determined to implement this budget as fully as possible and therefore we will be moving towards the figure of as full implementation as we can by the end of the year because the budget was made for the whole year,” NOI explained.

According to her, “In terms of 100% implementation, I think that what I read that was said by sections of the National Assembly, will have to do 100% implementation of the budget by September.

First, in my experience worldwide, there is hardly any country where you would implement 100% even by the end of the year and this is based on very broad experience.”

She said that the usual expectation is that implementation would be in the 80% to 90% range, not 100%.

By September, you know September is the ninth month of the year, so we will definitely be moving towards the figure,” she said, noting that funds for the Third Quarter would be released within the next two weeks.
She pleaded that there is neither lack of effort nor of goodwill. [b]“If we could go from 39% in May to 56% by mid-July, that shows a considerable leap [/b]and I'm quite confident that as we go month by month both us and the National Assembly will be able to look at it and say yes a good effort has been made for the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-cannot-meet-your-demand-budget-implementation-jonathan-answers-angry-house-reps
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Stallion77(f): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2012
more grease and vaseline to his elbows.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2012
presidency has implemented 56% of the budget grin grin fellow nigerians have you noticed any difference in your areas? has your standard of living jumped up? sad has the number of graduates on the streets reduced? sad

NEWS HEADLINE: presidency has implemented 56% of the amount budgeted to be syphoned by political office holders cry
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by usmanyaro17: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2012
torkaka: presidency has implemented 56% of the budget grin grin fellow nigerians have you noticed any difference in your areas? has your standard of living jumped up? sad has the number of graduates on the streets reduced? sad

NEWS HEADLINE: presidency has implemented 56% of the amount budgeted to be syphoned by political office holders cry
Torkaka,the 2012 budget cannot make everybody come of of poverty,governance is not that easy,govt cannot provide job for everybody even in the US we still have poor people.Let us just try our pars as good citizens,pray for our leaders when we are not satisfied we can vote them out when election comes,abusing them will change anything.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by stanech: 11:01am On Jul 26, 2012
That's a lie o. Lie lie people. Where d projects? Or na heaven una dey execute am. Biro Robbers.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by HammedSodiqq: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
We also heared that we are just four month into the budget year. Every rational person will know that it is practically impossible to have a wholistic implementation of budget within six months. I suspect that there is more to this budget issue. Abi na becos of the ongoing revelation that the house of Reps is full of corrupt Hons? Or they want to be bribed? Or they want it implemented so they can get their own share? God help Naija o, these Rep people go kill us.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Kobojunkie: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nigeria is not other countries that it should be limited by what other countries can or cannot achieve. Nigeria should aim for 105% because unlike many other countries we have over 20,000 projects paid for that have not been implemented and still need to be.

56% implementation on a budget that contains well over 90% ONGOING PROJECTS is not good news. There are 5 months left in the year.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
HammedSodiqq: We also heared that we are just four month into the budget year. Every rational person will know that it is practically impossible to have a wholistic implementation of budget within six months. I suspect that there is more to this budget issue. Abi na becos of the ongoing revelation that the house of Reps is full of corrupt Hons? Or they want to be bribed? Or they want it implemented so they can get their own share? God help Naija o, these Rep people go kill us.

How many countries in the world have their budget approved on the very first year of the fiscal year? Many countries have their budgets approved in March/April, yet some still get about 95% implementation. So, why is this the problem for Nigeria?
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by MurphyT1: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: Nigeria is not other countries that it should be limited by what other countries can or cannot achieve. Nigeria should aim for 105% because unlike many other countries we have over 20,000 projects paid for that have not been implemented and still need to be.

56% implementation on a budget that contains well over 90% ONGOING PROJECTS is not good news. There are 5 months left in the year.

i think ur question shud b, when did they pass biill for budget implementation, how far hav the govt gone, lookin critically at various ministries.. d govt is just a few months into the budget implementation, letz allow them and when they fail, the diff ministeries return all un used funds after auditin or face the consequences
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Kobojunkie: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
Murphy T:

i think ur question shud b, when did they pass biill for budget implementation, how far hav the govt gone, lookin critically at various ministries.. d govt is just a few months into the budget implementation, letz allow them and when they fail, the diff ministeries return all un used funds after auditin or face the consequences
um . . . I don't think I have that question.
Kobojunkie:

How many countries in the world have their budget approved on the very first year of the fiscal year? Many countries have their budgets approved in March/April, yet some still get about 95% implementation. So, why is this the problem for Nigeria?

They have failed you so many times ALREADY . . . some will say, too many times. How many more times do you need them to fail before you decide you will not let them fail you again? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:
They have failed you so many times ALREADY . . . some will say, too many times. How many more times do you need them to fail before you decide you will not let them fail you again? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
sadly in nigeria things are seen in ethnic colour,failure of governance is blinded by ethnic considerations
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Solemntee: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
This is fair to be realistic, however, concerted efforts are to be geared towards full or near full implementation of the budget so as to give a better score card
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by Mandelaguy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
Full implementation should be achieved at the rate the govt is moving.
Re: Presidency Has Implemented 56% Of The Budget by juman(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
Not good enough.

(1) (Reply)

How PDP Ruined Nigeria / Former NSA Adviser Acquires Multi Billion Naira Property In Abuja / The Real Owners Of Nigeria: Deprivation & Derivation Principles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.