Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,591 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. (2840 Views)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac ( Naija Used ) For Quick Sale / 4x4 LAGOS Cleared 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac **IN JOS** N1.8million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. by 4Runner: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ladies, let's try and fix some of our vehicle problems instead of bothering  our husbands or letting our mechanics rip us off.
2 days back I noticed d  CHECK light on d dashboard of my 4Runner was on, indicting that there was a problem with the VSC / TRAC OFF. I was worried 'cos d vehicle wasn't due for service yet. 

This evening I decided to google VSC /TRAC OFF on my internet. I discovered that the TRAC OFF light comes on when you turn the traction control light off or if there is a problem with the system. 

I also found out to RESET it, all you've to do was to press the TRAC OFF button or try to unplug your battery and let it sit for a min, then plug it back on and see if the light is still on. 

I pressed the button and the light was still very visible. I decided to unplug the battery and even left it for 5mins before replugging. I started the vehicle and lo and behold, the CHECK and TRAC OFF lights disappeared. Thank God, I don't have to see or pay my mechanic. 

Even before going to the mechanic, let's google the problem and have an idea of what the problem could be.
Re: Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. by eGarage(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2012
Good you made some steps but be assured the two lights are coming back.
For your Car which I guess is an SUV, the VSC light usually accompanies the CHECK light, all you need do is run a diagnostics on the car and it will tell you what the problem is. I'm sure its a Powertrain problem.

Best Regards
e-Garage
PIN: 282887B5
Re: Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. by Exponental(m): 8:55am On Jul 28, 2012
It's not all about google. Running a diagnostic test is better b4 googling which u can do urself. Dont confuse ur confused mech.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New BAW Hiace Bus @3.5m / Toyota Camry 2009 Model For Sale (se) / Sold Sold Toyota Highlander 2007... 2 rows... 4x4/rear cam/DVD/BT. Nice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.