Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank (2591 Views)

Federal Inland Revenue Recruiting? / Federal Inland Revenue Service / First Inland Bank Is Recruiting Apply On Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by tpumpin(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2007
nairalanders,pls i need your advice.i am presently working with first inland bank as an operationa staff and have spent five month and due to confirmation soonest.but ecobank just text me to come for an interview tomorrow,i guess as entry level cos i wrote the text on the 28th march.pls ur urgent response will be appreciated
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by ronketai(m): 8:14am On Dec 13, 2007
yoe can ateend the interview, then decide later if you need want to leave first inland. At least they have not said you should come for trainning.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by dammy76: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2007
I will advise you to attend the interview if things work out well with you in Ecobank you better take that option, considering the pay and condition of service.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by ican(f): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2007
Hello guys, Do you mean Eco Bank is far better than First Inland Bank!!!!
Why not stay with where you are and increase your experience so that when you want to leave , you will leave with some meaningful years of experience, Is 5months experience?
I personnaly think you should just stay in First Inland Bank, cus I dont think there is any big difference between First Inland Bank and Eco Bank,
All da best anyway, You have your decision to make.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by holusola: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2007
Hi,
I think you should just stay in firstinland and garner experience,you can always move on as an experienced staff after one or two years.

Can u pls tell the house if you have ever filled the Ecobank online assessment form?I also did the test on 28th March at money market association and passed, on 7th December,i received a message, requesting me to fill an online assessment form which i did and believe i will be called by God's grace for an interview and will be given an employment opportunity.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by tpumpin(m): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2007
thanks for advice.decided to stay with fib plc since i heard the pay in ecobank is due for reviewing soonest from 1.58m to whatever.i also learnt that i will be aken as entry level also.
as per for the online test,i did mine immediately after the test on the 29th of march.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by holusola: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2007
Hello house,has anyone else who just filled the Ecobank online assessment form recently been called?does anyone know the number of interviews conducted by Ecobank?Lets get ourselves informed.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by gboy24: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2007
hey Tpumpin,
Guess im not in a position to advice you. But i know for sure that ecobank allows for dialogue during their interviews. im supposed to resume first bank training in january but i went for the ecobank interview. They immediately jumped at me asking how much first bank wants to pay me and all that. I believe they only call you for interview if they are ready to employ you without any further disqualifications. Have a friend there that got in from virgin nigeria but he insisted on 2nd level pay and they did not waste time to give him what he wanted. just give it a shot. i hope you did cos it seems my reply is late. Insider sources there says take home will be 168k from january and they dont waste time paying peanuts b4 confirmation. the choice is yours but i think your experience is the bargaining chip. i was interviewed with about ten guys and only 2 of us were not working yet.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by holusola: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2007
Hey gboy24 that was a nice one,could u please tell us when you wrote the test, when you filled the online assesment form and ,when you were called for the interview?
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by idea(m): 6:53am On Dec 18, 2007
my bro, if i were in your shoes,i'd move as soon as i get confirmed in fib.so you can stall ecobank till your confirmation is done. all the best.i believe the working environment in ecobank would be better than that of fib.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by lloyds(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hey Gboy24, i was  guy that iniciated a chat with u at ecobank head office, prior to our interview. Wats' up? Let me av your phone nos so we cld upate ourselvs on d matter.

Latter man
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by vaadol: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2007
I believe you should think about the future and your career not money only. 5 months in a bank is something. think about it!!!!!
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by Neyoyo(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2007
If you have the time to go for the interview without disturbing your job, you can go for it,However, I don't think First Inland's pay is bad,and you are even on the verge of a confirmation which will probably better your welfare package.Maybe ,it's better you stick with your present job.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by gboy24: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
hey holusola,
not been browsing recently. tuk test in feb. got a text dat i passed in may and i was called for interview in august. i didnt get the text on time so i missed the interview. was subequently called for anoda after i disturbed their hr well enuf. came for the interview in dec. lloyd, was gud? my number is 08039265866.ciao
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by charleyb: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2008
ma guy u've to keep & secure the job u've gotten so far,ok! after all the other offer is a mere test & not a confirmation. also, u can still go for the test too. good luck!
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by behold(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2008
gboy24, i must confess i envy your courage, persistence pays they say, good example u are. Can you pls furnish me with the name and number of their hr? I wrote the test too and passed and since then hvnt heard nothing from them, Help a brother in need. I await ur reply, thanks and God bless you.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by Chydoo: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2008
Has ecobank called anyone yet?

is there going to be a second interview? undecided
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by gboy24: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
Guys,
Wats poppin? Ecobank is still on. They usually start training after a new batch of corpers pass out. They offer all corpers dat served with them jobs and they form the bulk of the training class. So anybody dats waiting will be answered pretty soon. They will call us up dis february to start trainin with the ex-corpers. I mite still cum ova. Im in 1st bank now and i also got intercontinental offer. still deliberating on wat 2 do. but its confirmed now dat ecobank pays 181k even as at trainin. lets just be very prayerful. we shall get there. ciao guys
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by Chydoo: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2008
GGGGGboy24!!!

You be correcteeeest man!!!

I have been looking forth to a reasonable answer like this.

God bless you
God bless nairaland.
I know the answers to any job delay could be gotten here.

For info. Heard from an insider that peoples prime will be recruiting massively for IBTC.
Futher confirmation may be required though, "if you no de desperate 4 work" grin
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by callme1: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
felas, those that did interview in december as any called?
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by callme1: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2008
hello, what is happening to those that did interview in december?
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by callme1: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2008
hello, what is happening  to those that did interview in december?
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by fene: 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2008
Please i need info on the Ecobank interview in Abuja in January,has anyone being called? i was called for the interview and i have not heard from them.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by Chydoo: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2008
@ Fene

Nothing oh!

I was supposed to be in Lagos b4 now to check at their head office and inquire what
the problem is. However, I have not yet been to Lagos.

If u are in Lagos u could give it a shot.

I took mine in PH at the same time and period that in Abuja was held.
So I guess it is a nation-wide thing and we would be called in the same period.

I think their merger plan with Sterrling Bank is where the problem lies.
I advise you to put it in prayer but keep trying other companies too.

It took one year after test to call us for interview.
The period from interview should be shorter abi?,
say 9 months grin
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by behold(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2008
Hi landers, dis dude call chydoo[am sure his parents didnt gv him dat name] is not mseroius at all. Tho hm make sense small. Only God knows whats wrong with ecobank. We get to hear all sorts of stories everyday. But d last gist was that they r thru with shortlisting and our letters r ready. Only few pple didnt make it because they couldnt express themselves.I blv dt coz the interview was , they actually wanted evrybody to scale thru.Ehen,dat they r just waiting for confirmation to start releasing the letters. So suggest we keep our fingers crossed and continue praying, instead of thinking negative. 9 months ko,9 days ni.
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by coolgerald: 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2008
I would advice that you stay put where you are because I dont think that even if eco reviews that they can equal what fib is paying now. Besides guys from that eco are trying to get into the happening banks like fib. Be wise
Re: Ecobank Or Still With First Inland Bank by Chydoo: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ behold

No mind me abeg.

I believe we would be called anytime from now.

How authentic is the gist you heard? (put it in percent grin)

We just have to keep on keeping on, keep searching
and believing in God.

It is not too much for God to answer.
Na small thing for God.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Ncs Recruitment List/ Interview/examination Notification / Computer Operator Needed For Instant Employment / National Root Crops Research Institute Staff Vacancies (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.