Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Such Is Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Such Is Life (767 Views)

This Is Life / Such Is Life / What Is Life? Poem By SEGUN OSENI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Oluwa Oluwa, my mum called me,i was still i a deep sleep,forgetting that today was a monday and a school day at that.I finally woke up after my mum had called me for atleast 5 times.First i went to the parlour and said the usual good morning mum and then went to the bathroom,rinsed my face, brushed my teeth then took my bath.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
After my bath i went straight to my room,wore my uniform and picked up my school bag and went straight to the dining. I ate a few slices of bread had a little tea and was off to school.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
I boarded a cab and in 10 minutes, i was in school.Soon we had the morning prayers and went to our various classes
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
My name is Oluwa Olawale, my father had been a very rich man,i was barely 4yrs old when he died,and back then i remember one of my uncle coming to our house and throwing my mum and me out.My mum was not bothered about my father's wealth being hijacked by his brothers,she was a banker and was earning a good salary,after we were thrown out of my father's house,my mum rented a new place and was responsible for my upkeep.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
I was now a 16yrs old and was in class 6 writing my mock and preparing for waec.Two things always kept me going,my mum and my girlfriend Bola.Bola was my classmate and was a very brilliant girl,i loved her and she loved me too.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
After 2yrs both of us were now in year 1 in the university after making our papers in both waec and jamb.The university environment was tough but our love was still going stronger.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
How time flies, soon four years had passed and here we were having our convocation,Bola had a second class upper in mass com,while i had a second class upper in banking and finance,i was happy for her,and she also praised my achievement.One year have passed, nysc here we come.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
After the nysc service,we were back in lagos,we renewed our vows to each other that we will wait for each other.Six months had passed and i was still without a job and squatting with my mum.By now Bola was already working as a PR for one corporate body.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bola had one day called me and was like asking me if i truly loved her, i replied in the affirmative and asked her if she was doubting my love, she said no.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
It was not upto two months after,that a friend told me that Bola was getting married,i wanted to wave it aside as a rumour,but as a doubting thomas,i called her, and asked if the rumours were true,she replied in the affirmative,i was flabbergasted,flabberwhelmed,shocked and angry at the same time,i asked her why,and all she said was that and i quote 'your future doesn't look so bright'.
Re: Such Is Life by ebamma(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
i cried and cried,but my mum consoled me and told me to prove her wrong,I heard an Alhaji had taken Bola as his third wife,i just wanted to erase her out of my mind and move on.To be continued.
Re: Such Is Life by avicky(f): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2012
Enjoying this. But don't let the suspense be long.
Weldone!

(1) (Reply)

Timeline In Majestic / Sketchy Thoughts / Letter To My 2013 Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.