Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! (3960 Views)

Need Help On Best Hp Laptop / Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! (An Architect) / How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? (2) (3) (4)

Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Guys pls i need ur help.. I am a type of person dat love 2 play game alot... So i am about to buy a laptop, as a game lover,i will like to play game wit it (the laptop) i have seen a laptop to buy but it is 2gb ram and 350 hhd wit intell processor dat has 64 bit.. Pls guys can i play game wit dis type of laptop.. I mean big games, like, pes, pes manager, world fighter witoutany problem
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hi
If you are a gamelover
Then what u need to be considering in the laptop are
1. Graphics card and memory.. U must get a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card such as ATI radeon or nividia GeFORCE with at least 256 mb memory.
A 2gb or more RAM. Will do nicely.
Processor speed should be 2.0ghz minimum.
Forget about wether its a 32 or 64 bit operating system cos that doesn't really matter. Infact I will advice a 32 bit OS.

Finally u need a laptop with a large hard drive as some of these high end games are space mongers....
They use a lot of hard disk space.

Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
Thank u verz much
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2012
Pls can laptop wit intel core 2duo do d job?
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by phreakabit(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: Hi
If you are a gamelover
Then what u need to be considering in the laptop are
1. Graphics card and memory.. U must get a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card such as ATI radeon or nividia GeFORCE with at least 256 mb memory.
A 2gb or more RAM. Will do nicely.
Processor speed should be 2.0ghz minimum.
Forget about wether its a 32 or 64 bit operating system cos that doesn't really matter. Infact I will advice a 32 bit OS.

Finally u need a laptop with a large hard drive as some of these high end games are space mongers....
They use a lot of hard disk space.

RFLMAO!!!! This wouldn't get you anywhere!. . . . Get a gaming laptop. With at least 4gb ram and some crazy processor Quad preferably, but Duo would suffice too.
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2012
phreakabit:

RFLMAO!!!! This wouldn't get you anywhere!. . . . Get a gaming laptop. With at least 4gb ram and some crazy processor Quad preferably, but Duo would suffice too.
i wish to get a laptop within dat range but i am not havin more dan 50k 4 used one
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
phreakabit:

I can bet u have no idea about laptop specifications.
Go read games requirements before u start talking what u don't know.
So u mean he needs 4gb of ram before he can play games.
@op don't mind him.
Even systems with far lower specs than I listed still play HD games very well.
what is very important in gaming is your graphics card.
If u can get a system with a dedicated graphics card with 256mb minimum memory I bet you would play most games out there.
If u get one with 512mb then u can maximize your gaming experience.
With 50k u can get something good. But u will have to do a little searching first.
Pls avoid systems with Intel graphics or whatever.
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 12:38am On Aug 01, 2012
wat if somone has 90k will he geta gud gaming laptop new one o!
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by slimming: 4:40am On Aug 01, 2012
omotolsy: wat if somone has 90k will he geta gud gaming laptop new one o!

i just shipped a laptop wit 4GB Ram expandable to 8GB and 320GB to Nigeria from best buy site. It is go for gaming and all sorts. 90k will get you the laptop if you want me to do for u.
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2012
Guys pls i want to buy.. Hp pavilion dv4... Pls hope diz laptop can play games
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
gud plz giv me d total specs of d system. 350gig is small o! does it av nvidia?
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
i dont have d full detail. Pls help me To google search it.. and help me check it cos i want tn pay 4 it 2maro
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
@slimmy ur response plz
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
Like I said, tell the guy to tell u the entire specs and post it for me to see before I can advice further.
U don't expect anybody to google it for u do u?
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Wayne4uall(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
I love to here it 4rm him.. But d guy z a type of person dat dont know wat z on d laptop.. D laptop was sent to him
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Flick3(f): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Flick3(f): 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Note.. It a new brand model 15inchs, made in February 2012 with 1 year warranty U can check all d detal on google as i knw not mush about specs
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
cnt sim to find specs o! am interested, can u giv d specs nd we wil talk abt cein
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Flick3(f): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
still available
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
@OP, forget everything you've been told here and look for this:
1. Minimum of 15" HD (1280 x 720) 16:9 screen.
2. Minimum of 3.1Ghz Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)
3. Minimum of 2GB nVidia GeForce 650M
4. Minimum of 8GB RAM
5. Minimum of 750GB 7200RPM HDD
6. Optional mSATA drive for faster boot times
7. Optional Dolby, Beats or Skullcandy speakers
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
@simon do u work @ d comp village? so wen i com buy mine u cld lid me to somwia trustable or if u knw somwia or somone dats trustable i wldnt mind u sim to knw wat ur talkin abt. one more tin plz hw mch wld dis kind of specs go for?
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
I don't even know where the geographical locaton of that is. Lol. I'm just a student with a knack for all things tech. Try them Kasuwa.com guys. Heard they've got some in stock. Go to dell.com and look for their Nigerian partners. They're mostly in Lagos.
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Flick3(f): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
my laptop has HD and games movies install.. need money so selling for 75k negotiable
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
flick wats d spec nd nd d laptop type nd hw long uv bin usin it
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by finestdre: 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
Flick3: @wayne4all i have a brand new satellite L750D/L755D for sale only 1 month used it was brought from Uk £520, i do some gaming and watch movies it as 650gb memory and face recognition for as you can use to sign in face as password i need money so am selling it for 75k
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by finestdre: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
@flick3,i'v interest on d laptop,ao can we talk&is it neigociable
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by flickyas(f): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2012
Model is satellite L750D/L755D, face recognition,7 hr battery without charge, Dual core, Display with LED Backlighting,onkyo speakers, usb sleep and charge, HDMI port, Bluetooth 3.0+HS*, Dolby advance, Web cam, inbuilt speaker,Window 7 home premium (64-bit), already inbuilt skype and 1 year warranty, 15.6 widescreen, 650GB HDD, om accelerated processor, 4gb etc
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by pdell(m): 3:51am On Aug 05, 2012
You can also use google to search for the specifications that you want.
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Flick3(f): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2012
Sold
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by Murphy7h4: 7:25am On Aug 10, 2012
Look good
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by temmym4(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
phreakabit:

Very good sugestion. but how much does the OP has in budget for his new pc?
Re: Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! by omotolsy(m): 12:18am On Aug 14, 2012
tanx phreekabit wit all d resach av don i discovad icor7 is jst too xpensive for me so av decided to go for an amd4 i.e amd trinity , with amd radeon. i herd amd gets hot durin gameplay bt wetin man go do as i knw get enauaf nka?

Dell Laptop For Sale / . / Used Media Pad With Wifi And 3g For Sale