Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Where Can I Find The Engine No. Of My Range Rover 2005 Model? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Where Can I Find The Engine No. Of My Range Rover 2005 Model? (4725 Views)

Range Rover 2005 Model@ N3.750m / Neatly Used Land Rover 2005 Se. / Range Rover 2005 Model Black For Sale 4.7 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Find The Engine No. Of My Range Rover 2005 Model? by oje(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
Please guys i need a quick help!

My Uncle just imported a Range Rover Supper Charged SUV, 2005 model and i need to do the papers Quickly so i can move the car to Abuja where he wants to use it.
My problem is that, i opened the hood of the car but could not find a space to drop a "coin", not to talk of finding the engine no. I managed to go under the car where i found some nos. (SAEJ434C/D4512) but i am not sure its the engine no. because i checked the internet for the numbering scheme of Range Rover engines and it says 42D********.
Also, i went to Coscharis and did not get any good help as one of the officials told some of those cars only have Chassis no.(which i have already seen) and no engine no. others said i should take the car to their workshop at MazaMaza (which is quite risky for me)

I do not want to make any mistakes otherwise, the police will have a joyous Xmas on me. smiley

If anyone has a car of this type, please let me know what the engine no. looks like and possibly, where i can find mine so i can be sure of what i have.
Re: Where Can I Find The Engine No. Of My Range Rover 2005 Model? by PAPABOMBOY: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2007
Oga Oje,
ah ah, make we wash the moto nah, which one be your own ? I check one website for the engine number the thing say,

------------The serial number is stamped on a cast pad on the cylinder block. Look on the left side of the engine between the two center exhaust ports (numbers 3 and 5). There you will find the engine serial number. The engine compression ratio is also stamped above the serial number------------------the air flow meter may be in the way, obstructing your view of the serial number. The air flow meter may need to be disconnected and/or removed. However, if you have a flashlight and the right angle, you should be able to find the engine serial number.
http://www.motorcarsltd.com/technician-tips/landroverengine.asp

Basically Oga you go need to take some parts out to find the engine number. The thing go dey close to the back of the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Price Reduced Used Mercedes Vboot For Sale For Just N180,000 / SOLD Freshly Used Baby Boi 2001, Now 700k SOLD SOLD SOLD / Toks 2007 Mercedes-benz E350...| SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.