Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira (1317 Views)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / Make 1 Million Naira Starting From 1k This November: Project 1k To 1m In 1 Month / 4 Bedroom House For Sale@rumobiakani,portharcourt,price-18 Million,08063703729 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by stefykarl: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
I read online that a Taxi driver in Abuja Naija returned 18Million Naira. Honestly i was tripped, is a good one to know cos am tired of all the loothing and stealing that fills the whole news and papers, since one person can do this, it means there are honest, sincere and God fearing Nigerians, am so proud of that. So lets go tell the world the news.

[b]BUT IF YOU WERE THE DRIVER, WILL YOU RETURN IT?
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by labiyemmy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2007
why not? some people will term it a miracle and even go to church to give testimony, just ike some people will give testomony for getting a visa to leave their country and go abroad to suffer.

Kudos to the driver - more like him needed - even on NairaLand.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by tupix(m): 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2007
@poster, the fact that he returned 18m does not make him honest, sincere and God fearing Nigerian.
By the way, this story is not full. Did someone forget the money in his cab or what? and if so, how did he locate the person?
Kindly repeat the story in full or give link to the news. My brother this kind of thing no dey easy in Nigeria of today ooooooooooo!!!!

lol shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by IykeD(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2007
Is this story believable? How can someone carry as much as N18million in cash in this present Nigeria and also take a cab Poster, kindly paste the link so that we can actually read this story for ourselves.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by labiyemmy(m): 12:18am On Dec 14, 2007
didnt you see the story on television? Even we in London saw it - how come you didnt?
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by shinystar(m): 3:38am On Dec 15, 2007
Tupix and co,

I see you guys are used to crooked Nigerians that you don't believe some of us can be honest. It beats me why we parade ourselves as dishonest before the world. I put it to you that Americans are more fraudulent than Nigerians.

Now we have a good example of a Nigerian who did something right and someone has the gut to query his motive. Pupix even said that did not make him sincere and honest. If it does not, how do we describe him then?

I don't know about you but I am proud to say I am honest and under no circumstances will I cheat or defraud others. There are millions of me out there and we need to get the word to the world that Nigerians are not rogues. Each time I travel, I feel sick the way they perceive us and I realised we also hold the same view about ourselves. It has got to change to earn our deserved respect.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by Freewilly(f): 3:49am On Dec 15, 2007
That's an amazing story, my only problem is this. How can someone forget 18 million freaking Naira in a cab. Secondly why is someone with 18m Naira be taking a cab. If I had 18 mill, I'll be using a helicopter with armored cars to every here I go to.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by shinystar(m): 3:55am On Dec 15, 2007
But the driver couldn't have possibly made up the story, did he?

The issue here is a Nigerian returned a lump sum of N18million and we should celebrate for once that we have a citizen doing the opposite of how the western media have protrayed us.

It's not his fault that the owner took a cab and not an helicopter. We should celebrate him first and blame the owner. That is my point. thanks.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by IykeD(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2007
Freewilly:

That's an amazing story, my only problem is this. How can someone forget 18 million freaking Naira in a cab. Secondly why is someone with 18m Naira be taking a cab. If I had 18 mill, I'll be using a helicopter with armored cars to every here I go to.
That's exactly what i mean too.
Well, it could be that he found the money somewhere definitely not his cab and N18m is such a large amount(even if it is in N1000 denominations) to be moving around just like that.Thank God for such persons, i didn't hear the story.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by nazzyon(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2007
Freewilly:

You using stuffs like Armored cars and choppers is not safe nowadays. You are simply going to attract attention to yourself.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by Obamedo: 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2007
@Freewilly

N18 million is small change to some Nigerians hence they don't feel the need to take any extreme precautions when carrying money around

When will Nigeria become a cashless society, is it really neccessary to carry N18 million in cash around?
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by Gettolove(m): 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2007
na wa for pipu o,why dem feel say naija pipu no fit return lost money. The oyinbo man wey get the money no go forget sha if una no believe the story.

The truth of the story is that, this guy work with a car hire service company in Abuja int. Airport
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by adeboo(f): 1:07am On Dec 18, 2007
Well ersonally, i have always lived by the moto 'if i didnt see them drop it, then its mine'.
But maybe i will work on that in 2008.

But for sure, i probably wont give it back - but maybe after a few sleepless nights, i wold probably return it.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by Aleksys: 6:12am On Dec 18, 2007
Shakespeare said" To thyself be true". The basic truth is that I cannot tell what I will do if I find myself in the driver's shoe. Come to think of it 18million Naira.! Whoever can afford to forget such unholy amount of money in a cab definitely will not drop dead if he could not recover it. I may decide of course to go to church and give glory to God. However, I will try to create employment for as many people as possible so that in turn they will be able to break away from their own vicious cycle of neglect and want and in turn create a chain of better life for many. He who forget 18million quid in a cab definitely have hundred fold if not thousand fold where that one came from. Talk about Manah from heaven, who says it has stopped falling?
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by blackchief(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2007
my pple it is possable the person that have the 18m may be just a messager to one of this big polician and may just be going to distribute the loot.
Re: A Driver Returns 18 Million Naira by dan6019(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2008
this is really a good one on the part of the driver, he should keep it up and God will surely prosper him beyond his imagination.

But one more thing, how did the 'owner' of the money come across it?, if the money is actually and genuinely his, why carrying such bulk of money in this age, something must be fishy, are you sure the era of 'Ghana must go' is not resurfacing.

(1) (Reply)

Register Your Domain,webhosting And Cpanel Instant Activation / How Do I Receive Payment On My Site (local And International) / How To Write A Bussiness Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.